The following factors should be considered while selecting a neurosurgeon in India:
• Is the neurosurgeon certified by a medical association? Medical Council of India (MCI) is the official medical organization of India, created to standardize the quality of healthcare services delivered by the professionals.
Note: It is essential that the neurosurgeon has completed his/her MBBS & MD from a reputed medical institute which is affiliated by Indian Government.
• Does the neurosurgeon have any specific specialization? Depending on the condition of the patient, a different specialist can be required during the treatment.
• How much experience does the neurosurgeon have? Experience plays an important role in deciding the success of the surgery.
• What are the reviews of the pediatrician? Patients can use reviews on our website to assess old patient’s experiences with the doctors.
• Is he/she available for performing the treatment? Medmonks can help patients in booking the pediatrician of their choice for the procedure.
Patients can explore leading neurosurgeons in India on our website, and get detailed information about their career profiles.
Neurologists are a medical specialist who are concerned with the treatment of brain, nervous system, and spinal cord muscles disorders and pain. He provides consultation to other physicians, who follow their instructions to perform the surgery. He/she provides symptomatic relief for an array of nervous system conditions.
A neurosurgeon is a medical doctor that specializes in treating brain and nervous system disorders via surgery. A neurosurgeon is trained to perform non-surgical treatment as well as an operation depending on the patient’s condition.
Awake Craniotomy – is performed like the traditional craniotomy, in which the upper skull of the patient is removed, but during this operation, the patient is kept awake. It is especially preferred during brain tumor operations.
Brain Mapping – uses a set of multiple neuroscience techniques that predicates the properties and mapping of spatial representations on the brain creating a map. This map is then used for treating the damaged organ.
Stereotactic Surgery – is an advanced technique which locates surgical targets in the brain with an external frame of the skull for reference. This temporary mechanical frame is attached to the patient’s skull.
Gamma Knife Brain Surgery – is performed using non-invasive technology, with a stereotactic radiosurgery instrument. Gamma Knife uses focuses radiation beams for controlling the benign and malignant tumors or vascular disorders in the brain without damaging the healthy tissues surrounding the brain.
Patients can explore Medmonks and select the best neurosurgeon in India. Our company assist patients in booking appointments with their selected doctors and also allows them to get in touch with them and receive video consultations before arriving in the country.
Patients can expect their doctors to ask or do the following things during a typical doctor consult:
• History about how the disease initially developed. (When it started? or What triggered it?)
• Discussion about the aggressiveness of signs and symptoms experienced because of the disease
• A physical examination – (including Inspection, Palpation, Percussion and Auscultation)
• A discussion about all the treatments, therapies and surgeries performed on the patient.
• Advise on further tests or investigations, if required
• Development of a treatment plan
Medmonks is a patient management company, that aims at finding the best treatment for them, which can help them recover faster without putting their lives in any major risk scenario. The second opinion helps the patient in exploring new innovative ways of treatment, which in some cases can even prevent the need for surgery. The company will help patients in getting second or more opinions from their network of top 10 neurosurgeons in India.
Follow-up care is an essential part of recovery, which shouldn’t be ignored. Medmonks provides two free video consultation and 6-month message chat services to the patient with their surgeon, so they are able to gain help immediately in case of an emergency.
Here is the estimated cost of some common neurosurgeries/ spine surgeries in India:
Cost of Cervical Spine Surgery in India – USD 10,000
Cost of Disc Replacement Surgery in India – USD 11,000
Cost of Spine Fusion in India – USD 9,000
Cost of Orthopedic Surgery in India – USD 4,500
Cost of Elective Craniotomy in India – USD 10,800
Cost of Brain Tumor Surgery in India – USD 9,450
We recommend patients to focus on searching for the best neurosurgeons instead of hospitals. Most famous neurosurgeon in India usually gets appointed by big hospitals, who use their names and medical achievement to gain their goodwill. Patients will be able to find the leading neurosurgeon in India, in metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai etc. The likelihood of success increases when the surgery is being performed by an experienced doctor, making the selection of the neurosurgeon very important.
The patient should research if the hospital comprises of the technology and surgeons to successfully perform the procedure.
“Medmonks is the best medical tourism company in India, that assist international patients with their travel, treatment, and accommodation in India. The company walks with the patients, guiding them to knock on the right doors, and get the best price for their treatment.
Affordable Treatment Cost
Free Consultation with the selected doctor – Before arrival and after the departure
Visa Assistance │ Plane Tickets