1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Patients should check the following things before selecting a hospital:
• Is the hospital NABH or JCI certified? NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare providers) is an India accreditation, and JCI (Joint Commission International) is the international accreditation that promotes patient safety, by creating a standard for the quality of services provided in different hospitals in India and worldwide.
• Are the doctors in the hospitals qualified and experienced enough? It is essential for patients to select a surgeon or doctor based on their qualification rather than their fees.
• Does the hospital have a blood bank? Is your blood group available in the appropriate quantity? Most hematology treatments require blood transition which makes it is crucial for the hospital to have the patient's blood group in abundance.
• What equipment are available at the hospital? Technology plays a significant role in reducing the size of the incisions that helps in reduced blood loss and speedy recovery, making it important to ensure that patient's selected hospital is equipped with advanced technology like CyberKnife, Virotherapy, or surgical tools for performing robotic arm and minimally invasive surgery.
Patients can also check reviews of some of the best hematology hospitals in India or go through the information provided about them on our website.
2. What new technologies/medicines are being used to perform hematology procedures?
Hematologists is a highly trained healthcare professional who specializes in treating blood diseases. These might include blood disorders or dysfunction in the bone marrow cells. Hematological tests help with the diagnosis of hemophilia, anemia, infection, leukemia, and blood-clotting disorders. In the majority of these cases, the blood disease is usually a type of cancer.
New methods for curing blood cancer:
Virotherapy – is a form of an engineered virus that is used for targeting myeloma cells. Virotherapy can be divided further into three branches Oncolytic Viruses, Viral Vectors (Gene Therapy) and Viral Immunotherapy.
They all use a form of biotechnology which transforms viruses into therapeutic agents that break down and infect cancer cells without affecting the healthy cells in the patient’s body.
Rigvir – is a type of virotherapy drug that mobilizes the patient’s own defenses to attack the cancer cells. However, it is banned in several countries, so the patient should verify that before traveling with it.
T-Cell Therapy (Chimeric Antigen Receptor) – In this therapy germ-fighting T-cells of the patient are extracted and engineered to destroy cancer cells and infused back into the patient’s body.
Patients can explore other hematology treatment options from our blog.
3. Why does the cost of treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
The cost of hematology treatment is subject to vary in different hospitals due to the following factors:
• Availability of patient’s matching blood group or organ. Hematology concerns with the treatment of blood. In most procedures the patient blood might be affected, leading to a required of blood transfusion.
• Experience of the hematologist who is performing the procedure. It is likely for an experience or a hematologist with a sub-specialty to charge more.
• Medicines used in the treatment. The cost of medicines used in the treatment might vary depending on the type of treatment that is being used. Rigvir and Chemotherapy medicines cost more than the medicines used for reducing symptoms caused due to surgery or radiotherapy
• The technology used for treating the patient. Again the type of treatment plays a significant role in determining its cost.
• Services provided by the hospital.
• The room charges of the hospital.
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
Using Medmonks services international patients can avail the following services:
• Visa approval
• Flight bookings
• pre-organized accommodation and special religious arrangement (if required)
• doctor appointments
• translator, if required – to allow patients and their family to communicate their needs during their stay.
• 24*7 customer care service for all their emergency
• Resolving conflicts with the doctors or the hospitals
• A free video session with the surgeon, before and after the treatment
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Most hospitals in India provide telemedicine services and even the ones who don’t provide these services, can be scheduled if the patient used Medmonks services for traveling overseas for their treatment.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
In conditions where the patient finds himself/herself unsatisfied with the facilities provided by the staff or the hospital, selected by them, they can contact us, and we will help them move to a different hospital while ensuring that their treatment is not tampered because of the switch.
Note: This service is only valid for patients who have used Medmonks services.
7. What is the cost of different hematology procedures in India?
The cost of hematology treatment in India is affordable because of the availability of resources and the increased number of the population here. Treatment cost in developed countries is usually expensive because of the implication of a universal health care plan there, which makes private healthcare very costly.
Here is the list of the cost of hematology procedure in India:
Blood Transfusion –
Radiation Therapy -
Stem Cell Therapy –
Bone Marrow Transplant –
8. Where can a patient find the best hematology treatment in India?
Like most countries patients, will be able to receive appropriate medical care in Hematology Hospitals in India which are located in the metro-cities like Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai etc. as the required resources and technology will be available there for their treatment. Patients and their caretaker or family member will also be able to adjust well in a proper tech city compared to a slightly backward area. Some treatments might require the patient to stay in India for a few weeks making it important for them to feel comfortable here.
9. Why choose Medmonks?
Medmonks is an online healthcare network that connects some of the best hospitals in over 14 countries worldwide with patients in need of immediate medical attention. It offers patients a platform to browse and seek medical guidance from an endless array of options at an affordable price. Apart from guiding patients to their preferred hospitals, our services can also be used to gain visa approvals, book plane tickets, arrange accommodations and make appointments with the doctors.
Free Video Consultation (Before & After the treatment) – Patients will be able to use video consultation with their surgeon/doctor before arriving and after going back to their homeland for follow up care.
Free Translators Services – We provide free translation services for our patients that help them freely express their worries with their doctors and the staff of Hematology Hospitals in India.
Online Prescriptions – We provide online prescription or medicine delivery for our patient if required.