Hip Replacement Hospitals in India
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Following things can help patients find the best hip replacement hospital in India:
• Is the hospital certified to provide healthcare facilities by a government organization (NABH or JCI)?
JCI (Joint Commission International) is an international association that has determined the standards for medical care providers that help in protecting the patients.
NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) is a similar association that analyses the quality of treatment provided by Indian hospitals.
• How is the infrastructure of the hospital? Hip Replacement surgery requires a hospital stay of 5 to 7 days making it important that patient feels comfortable with the services and the infrastructure of the hospital. We recommend patients to explore the gallery of the hospitals before making their final choice.
• Is the hospital equipped with the technology required for the surgery? It is important that the hospital has the resources to allow the surgeon to perform a successful surgery. Patients should seek a second opinion before a major surgery like hip replacement, that will help them explore new surgical techniques which can potentially cause less damage and result in speedier recover.
• What are the qualifications of the surgeon? How much experience does the doctors and staff at the hospital have? Experience and qualifications play an important role in determining the quality of treatment delivered by a healthcare professional, so ensure to read the career profile of doctors carefully.
• How are the reviews of the hospital? Patients can search for the reviews of old patients or directly contact Medmonks to learn about the goodwill of the hospital.
Patients can browse through Medmonks to find the Best Hip Replacement Hospital In India by comparing its infrastructure, staff and the technologies.
2. Why does the cost of treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
The cost of treatment can vary across hospitals in India, because of the following factors:
- Hospital’s Location
- Fees of the Surgeon
- Experience/ Specialization of the Surgeon
- The technology used in the surgery
- Use of any unique drugs or special blood components
- The infrastructure of the hospital
3. What facilities are given to international patients?
Medmonks provides international patients with an array of extended services including:
- Visa & Flight Assistance
- Accommodation Arrangements
- Discount on Treatment Packages
- Treatment Schedule
- Free Translator
- 6-Month Free Follow-up Care after the treatment
And much more.
4. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
There are a few hospitals in India, that provide telemedicine services, like Fortis & Apollo Hospitals, but the majority of them do not include it in the package. This means that most hospitals don’t have these facilities, and even if some do provide it, it would be quite expensive.
Medmonks, on the other hand, offers a 6 six month follow-up care package for its patients after their treatment which consists of two video call and unlimited message chat consultation with their doctor after their treatment.
5. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
If patients are not satisfied with the services offered at their selected hospital, they can get in touch with Medmonks and ask them to transfer them to a different facility of similar stature. The company will work on the issue without any cross-questioning, ensuring that the patient is shifted to a hospital of their choice, without altering their treatment schedule.
6. What is the cost of hip replacement surgery in India?
The hip replacement surgery cost in India starts at USD 5200 which can vary depending on the type and quantity of material used in the formation of the implants.
The cost of the procedure can also vary depending on the type of surgery (Unilateral/ Bilateral) being performed on the patient.
Contact Medmonks, to know the exact cost of hip replacement surgery in India.
7. What kind of treatment is offered in India?
India accounts for numerous internationally trained, experienced and skilled specialists that help patients feel safe in their hands. There are three types of hip surgery performed at Indian hospitals - Total hip replacement (bilateral surgery), partial hip replacement (unilateral surgery) & hip resurfacing. The most common causes which makes a patient a good candidate for hip surgery are Dysplasia, Avascular necrosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Rheumatoid arthritis, a broken hip socket, Primary Osteoarthritis, Hip fractures and Post-traumatic arthritis. All the hip surgery doctors & hospitals in India are more than competent to deal with and solve these issues, providing patients with a wide range of effective treatment solutions.
8. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks is a leading healthcare assistance company that has been constructed to facilitate international patients with their medical treatment overseas. The company holds patients hands throughout the process helping them from their visa approvals to their fight booking back home.
Our Extended Services:
Verified Doctors │Certified Hip Replacement Hospitals in India
Affordable Cost of Hip Replacement in India
Visa Assistance │ Flight Bookings
Lodging Arrangements │Religious & Dietary Facilitation
Doctor Appointments │ Hospital Bookings
Pre & Post Arrival Online Consultation”