1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
The following tips can help the international patient locate Best Hospital for Bariatric Surgery In India:
• Is the hospital certified to facilitate medical care by a government association (NABH or JCI)? JCI (Joint Commission International) is a global standard set for medical care providers for protecting the patients. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) is the Indian standard for Indian hospitals that is used within the country.
• What is the quality of infrastructure at the hospital? The patient might require to spend a few days in the hospital after the surgery, making it necessary that the hospital is equipped with the facilities which can motivate him/her to recover faster.
• Does the hospital have all the latest technology? Patients should study different treatment option and verify if the technology is available before selecting a hospital.
• What is the experience and qualification of the surgeons at the hospital? The quality of treatment can only be determined by the qualification and the skills of the surgeon, so make sure to study their career profile on our website.
• Usually, severe surgeries are performed be head surgeon of the hospital, but the patient should contact to ensure their availability on the date of the surgery.
2. What technologies are important to perform weight loss (bariatric) procedures?
Laparoscopic Surgery – is performed using multiple small incision, through with small surgical tools are inserted for cutting conducting a bariatric surgery.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy) – is performed for reducing the size of the stomach by 15% from its greater curvature, which results in a turning the stomach into a tube-like structure. This procedure is done through used special weighing machinery and equipment to prevent removal of the excess portion of the stomach.
Robotic Bariatric Surgery – uses tiny robotic tools with an attached HD camera that are inserted inside the patient’s body via small incisions. These tools are controlled by the surgeons who use the visuals produced by them to perform the surgery.
3. How does the cost of treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
This cost variation in treatment is caused because of the following reasons:
• The cost allocation set up at the hospital including the surgeon’s fee, operating theatre cost, and the cost medicines and anaesthesia used in the surgery.
• The equipment or technique used in the surgery
• The cost of a hospital room and days spent there.
• The location of the hospital (Metro cities vs Small Town)
• Facilities offered at the hospital.
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
Medmonks provide international patients with the following services to make their stay as smooth as possible in India:
• Visa assistance & Flight Arrangement
• Airport Pickup & Accommodation arrangements
• Hospital or surgeon appointments
• Free Translation Services
• Follow up care via video call after the surgery
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Most Bariatric surgery hospitals in India provide telemedicine services to international patients, however, if patient’s hospital does not come in that category, they can use Medmonks services to obtain video or chat consultation with their doctor, before, during or after the treatment, if required.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
Upon availing our services patient’s automatically become eligible to gain our assistance to move to a different hospital in India if required due to dissatisfaction with the facilities or treatment provided by the hospital faculty.
7. What is the bariatric surgery cost in India?
The cost of the weight loss surgery might vary in Best Bariatric Surgery Center in India is subject to vary depending on the technology and facilities available in the hospital.
Here is an estimated cost of different bariatric surgery procedures in India:
• Roux-en-Y gastric bypass -
• Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding -
• Sleeve gastrectomy -
• Duodenal switch with biliopancreatic diversion -
However, in order to get the exact cost of the treatment patient will have to contact Medmonks and discuss their condition, based on which they will quote the exact cost of the procedure.
8. Where can find the Best Hospital For Bariatric Surgery In India?
Most experienced and specialised surgeons in India, are working with established hospitals and healthcare centres, making it easier for the international patient to locate them for their treatment. However, Medmonks will be able to guide patients better in selecting the right doctor or surgeon for their treatment according to their disease or condition.
9. Why choose Medmonks?
Medmonks is a patient management company that envisions to bridge the gap between affordable treatment and international patients, allowing them to receive the care that they need. We have a network of certified hospitals and doctors in over 14 countries, that provides patients with options to choose the best bariatric surgeon in India or any other country.
• We help patients by making visa, flight, and accommodation arrangements for them so they can focus on getting better.
• We offer patients with free translation services to help them convey their concerns with the doctor and in general feel more comfortable in India.
• We also understand the cultural values and lifestyle choices of our Patients and make arrangements for any religious ritual or dietary plan that they might be following.
• We arrange free Pre-arrival and post-return video consultation for the patients with the Best Hospital For Bariatric Surgery in India to help them select the best treatment centre or to receive follow up care after returning to their country.