Cancer Hospitals in India
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Cancer treatment can stretch over a period of weeks, in which a patient might have to admit for surgery or visit the hospital regularly for their therapy sessions. This makes it important that they choose a hospital where a patient feels comfortable.
Factors that should be considered before selecting a hospital:
• Is the hospital accredited by NABH or JCI? JCI (Joint Commission International) is an international patient safety board that helps in categorizing health care service providers with world-class facilities. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) is the India board of certification to help the patient identify a government-approved hospital.
• What is the location of the hospital? The selection of the hospital should be based on the facilities in and around the hospital. Patients might feel tempted to opt for hospitals located in less developed states of India, due to reduced cost but won’t be able to avail the resources and technology required for their surgery.
• What are the reviews and rating given to the hospital by previous patients? Patients can read the reviews on our website as references to analyze the quality of services offered in the hospital.
• What technologies and equipment available in the hospital. Does the hospital offer all types of cancer treatments? It is important the hospital is equipped with the technology to deliver different types of cancer treatments like surgical equipment, radiotherapy, CyberKnife, chemotherapy, immunotherapy etc. as different procedure are used for treating different types of cancer.
• The experience of cancer treatment doctors (surgeons, radiologists, oncologists). Experience plays an important role in defining the success rate of a doctor. Their familiarity with the medical machines and tools increases the chances of patients recovery.
Patients can use our website to research the infrastructure, technologies, and doctors/surgeons of some of the best cancer treatment hospital in India. However, we suggest you contact Medmonks directly to get reliable details about the hospital.
2. What technologies are important to perform cancer treatment procedures?
These are some of the popular treatments used for treating cancer:
• Surgery – is the fastest way of getting rid of a significant portion of the tumor from the patients. However, this treatment can't be used for treating all types of cancer.
• Chemotherapy – uses anti-cancer drugs for killing and preventing the growth of cancer cells in the patient’s body.
• Radiation Therapy – uses powerful X-rays to target the affected portion of the patient body, killing cancer cells within a few sessions.
• CyberKnife – It is the most advanced form of cancer treatment, that is incorporated to deliver accuracy, that helps in promoting faster recovery. CyberKnife uses LINAC (lightweight linear accelerator), that is attached to a robotic arm that helps in delivering focused doses of radiation on the targeted area or the tumor. Most cancer hospitals in India offer CyberKnife treatment, which lures hundreds of international patients in India every year.
3. Why does the cost of cancer treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
The cost of cancer treatment can vary in different hospitals within the same region because of the facilities, technologies, or the extended services provided by them. Most high price hospitals have an advanced infrastructure and are incorporated to deliver treatment for most health conditions, while low-cost hospitals might not facilitate all forms of new technology or might not have a staff of highly reputed doctors. In some cases, the cost of the treatment might vary due to the room charges, as well.
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
International patients are treated with the same care and attention as the domestic patients, however, the hospital does provide them with extra guidance and assistance, to help them adjust in the foreign land.
Medmonks facilitate international patients with the following services to make their arrival, stay, and departure as comfortable as possible:
- A network of verified hospitals and doctors to make selection easier for them.
- Pick-up on arrival
- Personal translator to help them communicate with the doctor and other people during their stay in India.
- Accommodation Adjustments
- Doctor appointments and surgery booking
- 24*7 Assistance for any form of emergency
- Other Miscellaneous services
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Most cancer treatment hospitals in India provide telemedicine services. And even if the patient’s hospital doesn’t offer these services, Medmonks can arrange a free video call consultation for the patient with the surgeon for any follow-up care.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital selected by them? Will Medmonks helps the patient in switching to a different hospital?
Cancer treatment requires patients to visit the hospital regularly or admit there. So, if a patient is unhappy with the hospital staff, they are likely to feel uncomfortable that might prevent them from going there regularly. We want to make our patients stay here as easy and comfortable as possible. We understand such situations where a patient might get second thoughts about their preferred hospitals and want to move to a different setting. We help the patient in moving to a different hospital while ensuring that their same treatment is continued there without delay.
7. What is the average cost of different cancer treatments in India?
India is the most affordable cancer treatment destination in the world that charges ten times lower fees than most first world nations like the USA and the UK.
Cost of Cancer Surgery in India – Starting from USD2900
Cost of Chemotherapy in India – Starting from USD400 per cycle
Cost of Radiation therapy in India – USD3500 (IMRT)
Cost of CyberKnife in India – Starting from USD5500
Cost of Immunotherapy in India – Starting from USD1600
Cost of Hormone therapy in India – Starting from USD800
Cost of Targeted Therapy in India – starting from USD1000
Note: The cost of these procedures is subject to vary depending on the stage of cancer and the organ where the cancer cells have spread.
8. Are the best cancer treatment surgeons, oncologists and radiologists in India working in famous hospitals only?
Yes, this is true for most cases. The reputation and goodwill of most hospitals rely on the experience and medical achievements of their doctors, especially when we talk about cancer treatment. Most cancer treatment doctors are analyzed based on their success rate which eventually determines the ranking of the hospital.
9. Why should I use Medmonks services?
Medmonks is a leading medical travel assistance service provider that facilitates healthcare services for international patients by guiding them to the best cancer hospitals in India. We receive more than 100 queries from cancer patients around the world every month.
Reasons to use our services
Pre-Arrival Services – We help in guiding patients to select the best hospitals in and arrange video free video call consultation with their doctor, allowing them to make a decision based on their interaction with a professional about their condition. Apart from this we also assist patients visa approvals and their flight tickets.
Arrival Services – We provide airport pickups, accommodation, doctor appointment management, translator and 24*7 customer care facilities for our patient during their stay.
Post-Return-Services – Patient can stay in touch with their cancer hospitals in India after they go back to their country, and can discuss any concern or medical emergency with them over a video or an online chat consultation.