Best Orthopedics Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
33 Years old Mozambique Patient undergoes CTVS pro....
Patient: Mr SargioCangola Age: 33 male Country: Mozam....Read More
UAE Patient Underwent Successful Knee Replacement ....
Country: UAE Condition: Knee Problems Treatment: Robo....Read More
Orthopedic Hospitals in India
With access to modern equipment, advanced technologies and best team of doctors and surgeons, Orthopedic hospitals in India promise comprehensive and supreme quality patient-care at affordable costs. Some of the best orthopedic hospitals are located at Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Gurugram etc.
What is orthopedics or orthopedics?
Orthopedics is a medical specialty that pivots on the diagnosis, treatment/correction and prevention of patients suffering from a wide range of congenital as well as functional deformities including, disorder and injuries of the elements of musculoskeletal system-bones, muscles, ligaments, joints, tendons and nerves.
Who can be an orthopedic patient? Is there any specific age-group?
Merger of two Greek words namely "ortho" meaning straight and "pais" meaning child, Orthopedics once dealt with and devoted to the care of the children with bone deformities. However, with the introduction of anesthesia and improvements in the surgical methods this medical specialty offer care for patients irrespective of their age, from newborns with clubfeet to juvenile athletes who require arthroscopic surgery, to aged people with arthritis.
Who are orthopedic surgeons or orthopedists?
A physician primarily devoted to the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation of the function and congenital abnormalities in the musculoskeletal system of the body. They hold expertise in treating injuries, diseases of bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves and tendons with surgery, casting and bracing.
What are the required qualifications?
Top-notch orthopedic surgeons in India have received education from widely-acknowledged medical colleges in India and overseas with clinical experience of more than 7 years. Qualifications of Indian orthopedic surgeons include MS in Orthopedic, MCH in Joint replacement, and DNB/FRCS/MRCS from International Colleges and Hospitals. Besides, a majority of these orthopedic surgeons are a significant part of International Fellowship and Training Programs and have published paper presentations in reputable scientific and medical journals.
Do they hold any specialization?
Though, in general, orthopedic surgeons are aware of the aspects of musculoskeletal system all-inclusive, many hold a specialized degree in areas like the foot and ankle, shoulder, hand, spine, elbow, hip or knee. In addition, orthopedic surgeons may pay heed to specific fields including, pediatrics, trauma, reconstructive surgery, oncology (bone tumors) or sports medicine.
What is the role of an orthopedic surgeon?
Orthopedic surgeons utilize diverse medical, physical and rehabilitative techniques along with surgery to treat musculoskeletal problems with absolute precision and accuracy. They can address the following set of musculoskeletal problems:
1. Fractures and dislocations
2. Torn ligaments
3. Sprains and strains tendon injuries
4. Pulled muscles and bursitis ruptured disks
5. Sciatica, scoliosis knock knees, low back pain
6. Bowlegs, bunions and hammer toes
7. Arthritis and osteoporosis
8. Bone tumors
9. Muscular dystrophy and cerebral palsy
10. Abnormalities of the fingers and toes including, Club foot and unequal leg length and other growth deformities.
Apart from performing surgery or other treatment methods, orthopedists function jointly with other eminent healthcare professionals and offer consultation in collaboration with other physicians. Also, they can be the members of the teams that manage complex, multi-system trauma, and have an essential role to play in offering emergency care services in the respected medical facility.
Who needs an orthopedic surgery?
Orthopedic surgeries play a significant role in rectifying problems that emerge in the skeleton, the ligaments and tendons at birth, via an injury or as a result of ageing. Patients with issues of the nervous system (that have inflicted on the spine) need orthopedic surgery.
What are the types of orthopedic surgery?
Orthopedic surgeons perform an enormous range of treatments, from traction, amputations, hand reconstruction, spinal fusion to replacements. The types of orthopedic surgeries involve:
1. Joint replacement is performed to restore freedom of movement and eradicate the pain caused due to degenerated and diseased joint. During the course of the procedure, the arthritic or damaged joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint called a prosthesis. With technological advancements, orthopedic surgeons in India use customized fitting options like cement less implants to boost longevity at present. The various kind of joint replacement surgeries may include:
• Total hip replacement
• Total knee replacement
• Total shoulder replacement
• Total elbow replacement
• Partial Knee Replacement
• Wrist replacement
• Hand joint (small) replacement surgery
• Ankle joint replacement
2. Arthroscopy or keyhole surgery is a procedure performed using special cameras and equipment to visualize, diagnose and treat issues inside a joint.
3. Fusion is a welding procedure that is used to join bones and bone grafts along with internal devices including, metal rods.
4. Osteotomy is the correction procedure of cutting and repositioning the bone to remove various types of bone deformities.
5. Internal fixation is a technique employed to hold the broken bone fragments in the correct manner with the help of metal plates, pins or screws.
6. Soft Tissue Repair is a procedure that involves restoration of soft tissue that may include torn tendons or ligaments.
What should the patient visiting an orthopedic surgeon expect?
Generally, the visits commence with a detailed personal interview followed by a series of physical screening tests. Furthermore, diagnostic tests such as blood tests, X-rays etc. can be conducted.
Then, the surgeon discusses the types of treatment protocols available with the patient. This helps the patient to decide the best treatment method that meets the health and lifestyle needs of the patient in toto.
What facilities do premium-grade Orthopedic Surgery Hospitals in India offer?
India is home to one of the best orthopedic hospitals in India that amalgamate the use of modern medicine and state-of-art methodologies to offer new alternatives that were once non-existent. With skilled and highly qualified orthopedic surgeons in place, these hospitals are regarded as the "treatment paradise" for orthopedic patients from across the world.
Additionally, prestigious orthopedic units in India have specialized in offering patient-centered care, interdisciplinary medicine, modern infrastructure, cutting-edge technology and investigative research.
There are several educational programs introduced for patients that may include responsive video tutorials, online consultations, second opinion networks, reference libraries, and interactive patient-to-patient chat rooms.
How much an orthopedic surgery cost?
The cost of Orthopedic surgery in India is significantly lower than that in other countries like US, UK, Australia etc. MedMonks provides the best medical treatment packages to patients from around the world at marginal prices.
How can we help?
When it comes to providing a direct link to orthopedic hospitals, wellness institutes and top-class orthopedic surgeons, MedMonks stands out. Our user-friendly portal helps people to get in touch with supreme-class orthopedic doctors in no time. We help patients, global and local both to access personalized care services with assured zero waiting time to help them to lead a hassle-free, pain-free life.