Best Cochlear Implants Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
33 Years old Mozambique Patient undergoes CTVS pro....
Patient: Mr SargioCangola Age: 33 male Country: Mozam....Read More
UAE Patient Underwent Successful Knee Replacement ....
Country: UAE Condition: Knee Problems Treatment: Robo....Read More
Cochlear Implant is an advanced medical device that is surgically implanted inside the ear which helps in fulfilling the functions of the damaged portion of the cochlea (ear) to transfer the sound signals to the brain, without interacting with the damaged tissue by directly stimulating the auditory nerve.
Cochlear implants can help people who:
- Suffer from medium to profound hearing loss
- Fail to experience any help from hearing aids
- score less than 65% on their recognition tests
Despite being a small surgical procedure, the preciseness and device used in it can make it quite expensive, which forces a lot of people to delay their treatment. Patients can travel abroad and find the best Cochlear implants Hospitals in India and avail affordable treatment packages.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
The following tips can be used for locating the best cochlear implant hospital In India:
• Is the hospital certified to deliver medical facilities in India by NABH or JCI? JCI (Joint Commission International) is a global network designed to help patients analyse the facilities provided by different healthcare providers. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) is a similar quality council board which manages and reviews the standard of services delivered at Indian hospitals.
• Where is the hospital located? Patients don’t have to stay at the hospital after getting a cochlear implant for more than one day. However, they will have to stay in India for a couple of days for assessing the pain and the hearing ability, which makes it important that the patient select a hospital located in an area, that has all the necessary facilities to make them feel comfortable in the country.
• Is the hospital equipped with all the latest technology? Patients should research and get a second opinion on their condition to explore advanced cures for their treatment. Based on which they can select their hospital with the required equipment facility.
• What are the reviews of the hospital? Patients are suggested to go through the reviews of old patients for analyzing the quality of services and the attitude staff at the hospital.
• Usually, in most cases, severe surgeries are performed by the head surgeons of the department at the hospital, but the patients should still contact the surgeon to ensure that they are available to perform the surgery.
Patients can also use Medmonks website for comparing the technology, infrastructure, ratings and staff of some of the top cochlear implant surgery hospitals in India.
2. What is the difference between a cochlear implant and a Hearing aid?
A cochlear implant is a type of electronic medical device which replaces the functions of the broken/damaged ear tissue and provides sound signals to the brain. Hearing aids, on the other hand, are electronic devices which are worn outside the earn, to amplify the sound and it helps in making sounds louder.
Benefits of a Cochlear implant over hearing aid:
Cochlear implants are surgically placed inside the patient’s ear permanently correcting their disorder, which helps in increasing their hearing ability.
Patients can talk and hear sound easily on the phone.
Patients will also be able to focus better in noisy environments.
3. What happened at the hospital before a Cochlear Implant procedure?
The doctors usually discuss the patient’s condition while performing the following tests on him/her to create and execute a treatment plan for their cochlear implant surgery:
Consultation – An exam of the patient’s external, middle, & inner surrounding of the ear to check for any infections or other pathologies which will be followed by a general physical examination of the patient while also discussing their present and past medical reports to check their fitness
Audiogram – is a pure-tone hearing test, which helps in showing the type, and degree of hearing loss. Patients are asked to raise their hands or push a button, whenever they hear a sound at different frequencies.
Hearing Aid Evaluation – for determining the damaged or defected area or tissues in the ear that prevents the sound signals from reaching the brain.
CT or MRI scans to produce images of the inner tissues of the ear & other auditory nerves.
Rehabilitation Center – Psychological exams are performed on the patient for checking their inclination to receive rehabilitation care before the treatment.
4. What factors affect the cost of Cochlear Implants in India?
The cost to the treatment can vary for different patients depending on the following factors:
The location of the hospital
Medicines used before, during & after the surgery
Standard test and diagnostic procedures
Cost of the rehabilitation and follow-up care required after the treatment
Cost of the device used in the procedure
5. What facilities are given to international patients?
Medmonks helps international patients receive the following services:
Travel Assistance (with visa & tickets)
Free Follow-up Care (6-Months)
Dietary & Religious Arrangement
And much more
6. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
International patients can receive telemedicine services after their treatment using Medmonks. The company aims to make affordable healthcare facilities attainable for everyone around the world and has created packages that can deliver it effectively.
Patients can avail 6-months free message chat consultation including two video calls by availing its services post treatment which can be used for follow-up care or any other service.
7. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
International Patients come to India for their medical treatment without any prior knowledge of the best hospitals or doctors in the country, and can at rely on internet’s information and select a hospital which despite being a reputed setting, not a suitable place for their treatment, because of lack of technology, equipment, staff etc. Under such scenarios, patients can get in contact with Medmonks team, and seek assistance to move to a different hospital of similar stature in the country. The move will be initiated immediately, and it will be ensured that the treatment schedule does not get altered in the process.
8. What is the cost of different Cochlear Implant procedure in India?
The average cost of cochlear implant procedure in India starts at USD 12500 for unilateral cochlear implants and USD 23000 for bilateral cochlear implants.
Note: The exact cost of the cochlear implant treatment will be calculated after the hearing loss of the patient has been measured at the hospital.
9. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks is a patient management company that envisions to bridge the gap between affordable treatment and international patients, allowing them to receive the care that they need. We have a network of certified hospitals and doctors in over 14 countries that provides patients with options to choose the best cochlear implant surgeon in India or any other country.
• We help patients by making visa, flight, and accommodation arrangements for them so they can focus on getting better.
• We offer patients with free translation services to help them convey their concerns with the doctor and in general feel more comfortable in India.
• We also understand the cultural values and lifestyle choices of our Patients and make arrangements for any religious ritual or dietary plan that they might be following.
• We arrange free Pre-arrival and post-return video consultation for the patients with the Best Cochlear implants Hospitals In India to help them select the best treatment centre or to receive follow up care after returning to their country.”