Best Dental Implant Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
Dental implant is a procedure which replaces the root of a tooth with screw-like posts. The procedure replaces damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth which look and function like real ones once they are secured. Dental implants are secured in the jawbone and once they are surgically placed, are not visible from outside. Dental implants are used to secure crowns, bridgework or dentures through various ways. The most common metal used in dental implants is titanium and titanium alloys. The dental implant hospitals in India are among the best in the world because of several reasons. Some of these are the significantly lower costs, advanced technologies, best specialists and incredible Indian hospitality.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Nothing can be more important than choosing the right hospital with the best doctors when it comes to getting dental implants in India. However, you should keep in mind several factors before deciding where you want to get your dental implants done. Some of those factors are mentioned below.
• At the very outset, you should find out whether the hospital being considered is accredited by NABH or JCI. NABH, which stands for National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers, is a constituent board of Quality Control of India established to determine the quality and standard of treatment delivered at different hospitals across India. JCI, which stands for Joint Commission International, is a council board which has been established to aid international patients to determine the quality of treatment at hospitals throughout the world.
• The location of the hospital also plays an important role. Before you decide to get dental implants done at any healthcare center, you should assess the kind of services that the hospital offers, both inside and out. The idea of choosing a hospital for its low cost, even though it may be in an isolated area, is quite tempting. However, the low cost at these hospitals comes at a price, which is the absence of latest medical equipment and technology.
• Reviews play a big role when it comes to deciding the best dental implant hospitals in India. You can get access to reviews of former patients along with other useful information on our website while deciding the right places for getting dental implants in India.
• Another factor to consider is: whether the hospital is equipped with satisfactory equipment for effectively performing dental implants? Dental implants are a delicate procedure and as such, the importance of skilled expertise and latest technologies can never be overemphasized.
Apart from considering these factors, patients can always browse the internet in helping them decide the right hospital for getting dental implants in India. However, an easier, and more reliable way, is contacting Medmonks which provides you with accurate and reliable information, helps you decide the best dental implant hospital and guides you throughout the process.
2. What are the steps involved in a dental implant surgery?
Dental implant surgery is performed in various stages. The entire process begins with a comprehensive dental exam and treatment plan. A dental team analyzes and plans the dental implant placement and restoration. It consists of a dental surgical specialist, restorative dentist and a dental laboratory technician. The various options and techniques used for dental implants are mentioned below.
Removal of the damaged tooth and bone grafting – The treatment starts with the removal of the damaged tooth after which the jawbone is prepared for surgery. This involves a process called bone grafting.
Placing the dental implant – In order to place the dental implant during surgery, the oral surgeon makes a cut in your gum to expose the bone. Holes are then drilled into the bone where the dental implant metal post is to be placed.
Waiting for bone growth – After the metal implant post in placed in the jawbone, the process of osseointegration begins. The jawbone, during this process, grows into and unites with the surface of the dental implant. Although the process takes several months, it provides a solid base for your artificial tooth.
Placing the abutment – After osseointegration is complete, additional surgery is required to place the abutment. It’s a minor surgery performed with local anesthesia.
Choosing your artificial teeth – After placing the posts, your gums are required to heal for one or two weeks before the artificial tooth can be attached. After your gums have completely healed, the dental surgeon makes several impressions of your mouth and remaining teeth. These impressions are used to make the crown. However, the crown can only be placed after your jawbone is strong enough to support new tooth. You are given two choices for artificial teeth: removable and fixed.
3. What are the reasons behind the variation in the cost of treatments at different dental implant hospitals in the same country or location?
There are several reasons behind variation in treatment costs at different dental implant hospitals in the same country. Some of these are:
Hospital’s Location (Hospitals located in urban areas tend to have higher treatment costs than those located in the rural ones)
Type of technology/ treatment used and duration taken to deliver it
Services offered & used at the hospital
Doctor’s/ Surgeon’s Fees
Extra procedures required/ performed on the patient
4. What are the facilities provided to international patients?
These are the facilities provided to international patients if they choose to avail the healthcare facilities provided by Medmonks.
Visa & Flight Assistance
Doctor appointments & treatment booking
Free Translator, so there are no language barrier between the doctor and the patients
Free Pick & Drop Service, so they don’t get lost
24*7 Customer service
Free Video Consultation (Before Arrival & After Departure)
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Most of the dental implant hospitals in India provide telemedicine services for international patients. In cases where the particular hospital selected by the patient does not provide this service, patients who have used Medmonks services will enjoy a 6-month message chat service and two free video consultation sessions with their doctor post-treatment.
These services can be used by the patients for various purposes, from follow-up care to medical emergency.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks assist the patient in switching to a different hospital?
There may be cases where the patient may be uncomfortable with the location, staff, facilities or the infrastructure of the hospital where they are seeking treatment, and want to shift to a different hospital. In such cases, patients can always contact our executives who will help them with the process of finding and shifting to a different hospital of a similar standing without altering their treatment schedule in any way.
7. Will you find the best dental surgeons working at famous hospitals only?
A hospital’s reputation depends on the medical achievements of its staff and doctors, and naturally, they like to associate themselves with the best dental surgeons/doctors in India. Doctors also prefer working at reputed and well-established healthcare institutions because they are equipped with the latest resources and advanced technology which helps them in providing the best healthcare to their patients.
8. Why should you choose Medmonks?
Medmonks is one of the best medical travel assistance service providers which helps international patients get the best healthcare facilities by assisting them in finding the best hospitals for dental implants in India. Every month, we are flooded with queries from patients seeking dental implants in India due to the affordable costs of treatment and the high success rate.
Why you should use our services?
Pre-arrival services – Medmonks assists patients in selecting the best dental implant hospitals in India and arranging video call consultations with their doctor. We also assist patients with visa approvals and flight tickets.
Arrival services – During the entire duration of the patients’ stay, they are provided services like airport pickups, accommodation arrangements, doctor appointment management, free translator and 24*7 customer care facilities.
Post-return services – After receiving treatment at the dental implant hospitals in India of your choice, patients can also stay in touch with their doctors after returning back to their country and share any concerns or seek any medical advice from them via video call or online chat consultation.