Best Anal Cancer Treatment Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
33 Years old Mozambique Patient undergoes CTVS pro....
Patient: Mr SargioCangola Age: 33 male Country: Mozam....Read More
UAE Patient Underwent Successful Knee Replacement ....
Country: UAE Condition: Knee Problems Treatment: Robo....Read More
Cancer is a malignant tumor that affects a significant amount of the population worldwide. Thousands of medical tourists travel abroad for their cancer treatment in India every year.
Anal Cancer usually develops in the colon or rectum. A colorectal surgeon performs the surgery to remove the abnormal tissues from the patient's body by extracting the surrounding of the colon (margin). The early stages of Melanoma are treated via surgery only.
India accounts for some of the best anal cancer treatment hospitals, which are spread in the country’s metropolitan cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore. Majority of these hospitals have two divisions one for cancer treatment and second for research, that help them in discovering and exploring new methods to cure cancer.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Cancer treatment can stretch over a period of weeks, in which a patient might have to admit for surgery or visit the hospital regularly for their therapy sessions. This makes it important that they choose a hospital where they feel comfortable.
Factors that should be considered before selecting a hospital:
• Is the hospital accredited by NABH or JCI? JCI (Joint Commission International) is an international patient safety board that helps in categorizing healthcare service providers with world-class facilities. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) is the Indian board of certification created to help the patient identify a government-approved hospital.
• What is the location of the hospital? The selection of the hospital should be based on the facilities available in and around the hospital. Patients might feel tempted to opt for hospitals located in less developed states of India, due to reduced cost but won’t be able to avail the resources and technology required for their surgery.
• What are the reviews and rating given to the hospital by previous patients? Patients can read the reviews on our website as references to analyze the quality of services offered in the hospital.
• What technologies and equipment are available in the hospital. Does the hospital offer all types of cancer treatments? It is important that the hospital is equipped with the technology to deliver different types of cancer treatments like surgical equipment, radiotherapy, CyberKnife, chemotherapy, immunotherapy etc. as different procedure are used for treating different stages of anal cancer.
• The experience of cancer treatment doctors (surgeons, radiologists, oncologists). Experience plays an important role in defining the success rate of a doctor. Their familiarity with the medical machines and tools increases the chances of patient’s recovery.
Patients can use our website to research the infrastructure, technologies, and doctors/surgeons of some of the best anal cancer treatment hospitals in India. However, we suggest you contact Medmonks directly to get reliable details about the hospital.
2. What are the common techniques used for treating anal cancer at hospitals in India?
These are some of the popular treatments used for treating anal cancer:
Surgery – is the fastest way of getting rid of a significant portion of the tumor from the patient’s body. However, this treatment can't be used for treating all stages of anal cancer.
Abdominoperineal Resection – is a complex operation in which an incision is made on the abdomen and around the anus for removing tissues from the rectum and the anus. The surgeon might also remove the nearby lymph nodes from the groin, although it is done much later.
As the anus (anal sphincter) is removed, a new opening is made for the extraction of stool. The end portion of the colon will be attached with a stoma (small incision in the abdomen). Then a bag is attached to the abdomen for collecting the stool. This whole process is called Colostomy.
Chemotherapy – uses anti-cancer drugs for killing and preventing the growth of cancer cells in the patient’s body.
Radiation Therapy – uses powerful X-rays to target the affected portion of the patient’s body, killing cancer cells within a few sessions.
CyberKnife – It is the most advanced form of cancer treatment, that is incorporated to deliver accuracy, that helps in promoting faster recovery. CyberKnife uses LINAC (lightweight linear accelerator), that is attached to a robotic arm that helps in delivering focused doses of radiation on the targeted area or the tumor. Most cancer hospitals in India offer CyberKnife treatment, which lures hundreds of international patients in India every year.
3. Why does the cost of cancer treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
The cost of cancer treatment can vary in different hospitals within the same region because of the facilities, technologies, or the extended services provided by them. Most high price hospitals have an advanced infrastructure and are incorporated to deliver treatment for most health conditions, while low-cost hospitals might not facilitate all forms of new technology or might not have a staff of highly reputed doctors. In some cases, the cost of the treatment might vary due to the room charges, as well.
4. What facilities are provided to international patients?
International patients are treated with the same care and attention as the domestic patients, however, the hospital does provide them with extra guidance and assistance, to help them adjust in the foreign land.
Medmonks facilitate international patients with the following services to make their arrival, stay, and departure as comfortable as possible:
• A network of verified hospitals and doctors to make selection easier for them.
• Pick-up on arrival
• Personal translator to help them communicate with the doctor and other people during their stay in India.
• Accommodation Adjustments
• Doctor appointments and surgery booking
• 24*7 Assistance for any form of emergency
• Other Miscellaneous services
5. Do medical center provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Most anal cancer treatment hospitals in India provide telemedicine services. And even if the patient’s hospital doesn’t offer these services, Medmonks can arrange a free video call consultation for the patient with the surgeon for any follow-up care.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the healthcare center selected by them? Will Medmonks helps the patient in switching to a different hospital?
Cancer treatment requires patients to visit the hospital regularly or admit there. So, if a patient is unhappy with the hospital staff, they are likely to feel uncomfortable that might prevent them from going there regularly. We want to make our patients stay here as easy and as comfortable as possible. We understand such situations where a patient might get second thoughts about their preferred hospitals and want to move to a different setting. We help the patient in moving to a different hospital while ensuring that their same treatment is continued there without delay.
7. What is the average cost of different cancer treatments in India?
India is the most affordable cancer treatment destination in the world that charges ten times lower fees than most first world nations like the USA and the UK.
Cost of Anal Cancer Surgery in India – starting from USD 2900
Cost of Chemotherapy in India starting from USD 400 per cycle
Cost of Radiation therapy in India – USD 3500 (IMRT)
Cost of CyberKnife in India – USD 6500
Immunotherapy Cost in India starting from – USD 1600
Cost of Hormone therapy in India – USD 800 - USD 1000
Targeted Therapy Cost in India starting from USD 1000
Note: The cost of these procedures is subject to vary depending on the stage of cancer and where the cells have spread.
8. Are the best cancer treatment surgeons, oncologists and radiologists in India working in famous hospitals only?
Yes, this is true for most cases. The reputation and goodwill of most hospitals rely on the experience and medical achievements of their doctors, especially when we talk about cancer treatment. Most cancer treatment doctors are analyzed based on their success rate which eventually determines the ranking of the hospital.
9. Why should I use Medmonks services?
"Medmonks healthcare is a leading medical travel assistance service provider that facilitates healthcare services for international patients by guiding them to the best anal cancer hospitals in India. We receive more than 100 queries from cancer patients around the world every month.
Reasons to use our services:
Pre-Arrival Services – We help in guiding patients to select the best hospitals in India and arrange free video call consultation with their doctor, allowing them to make a decision based on their interaction with a professional about their condition. Apart from this we also assist patients with visa approvals and their flight tickets.
Arrival Services – We provide airport pickups, accommodation, doctor appointment management, translator and 24*7 customer care facilities for our patients during their stay.
Post-Return-Services – Patient can stay in touch with their anal cancer doctor in India after they go back to their country, and can discuss any concern or medical emergency with them over a video or an online chat consultation."
Contact Medmonks for booking an appointment with the best Anal Cancer Treatment Hospitals in India.