1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Choose the cardiology hospital in India that have been accredited by International agencies such as NABH, NABL, and JCI.
In addition, the services offered by the cardiology hospital need to be effective and affordable, both at the same time. To ensure this, word of mouth recommendations, reviews and testimonies of the previously treated patients must be taken into account.
Also, cardiologists working functioning in these hospitals must have the highest qualifications and expertise along with extensive experience to help them employ the latest techniques in a successful way.
Hence, people looking for the best cardiology center in India should be cognizant of the hospital's accreditations, patient feedback and quality of the series offered by the surgeons before settling for one.
For more insight, log on to medmonk.com.
2. What types of approaches are employed to perform cardiac treatment procedures?
Cardiologists can use any of the procedures mentioned below to help patients to combat various types of heart-related disorders permanently.
1. Ablation: Cardiologist cure conditions such as arrhythmias, otherwise known as palpitations with medications or by catheter ablation. Catheter ablation is a procedure wherein the operating doctor creates small scars in some of the cells of the patient's heart. Such scarred cells form a barrier for the electricity in the heart of the patient that allows the electric impulses to travel on the right path. This treatment method is employed by cardiologists to cure arrhythmia completely so that patients do not have to rely on medications.
2. Angioplasty: Owing to the deposition of plaque in the coronary arteries, it becomes narrower which in turn does not allow the heart to get all the blood it requires. In such cases, cardiologists can use treatment methods such as angioplasty and stenting to eliminate the blockage in the arteries, restoring the blood supply to the heart.
3. Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG): Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) is a form of heart surgery that is used to treat patients with severe coronary artery disease (CAD). During the course of this procedure, the doctor normally takes an artery or a vein from the leg, chest or any other patient's body part and connects them with the blocked artery. After the completion of this procedure, the blockage formed due to the presence of fatty material referred to a Plaque in the coronary arteries can be bypassed.
4. Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TLR): Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TLR) is a procedure used by cardiologists or cardiac surgeon that helps to cure angina. This particular type of procedure is the last option of a surgeon when all the other procedures have failed. The surgeon executing this surgical process uses laser technology to create channels in the heart muscle. These channels, in turn, allow the blood to flow directly from the heart chambers into the heart muscle without any difficulty.
5. Valve Repair /Replacement: This treatment method is used to operate closed leaflets of the heart. Valve repair is carried out to operate closed leaflets. Cardiac surgeons replace the vales with the healthy vales that comprise human, animal tissue or any man-made substance.
6. Aneurysm Repair: An aneurysm refers to abnormal bulging of the heart muscle or in the artery walls. Over the course of time, the aneurysm can even burst that causes bleeding in the body. This may increase the risk of a heart attack too. To treat this condition, doctors perform surgery to replace the weaker sections of the artery with a graft
7. Heart Transplant: This surgical procedure intends to substitute the abnormally functioning heart with a healthy one. This type of procedure is used in patients who are suffering from an end-stage heart disorder.
Apart from the techniques mentioned above, cardiologists can use procedures including, Pacemakers, Implantable Defibrillator, Patent Foramen Ovale Repair, Ventricular Assist Device and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
The type of surgery treatment method pendent on several factors that may include age and health conditions of the patient.
Apart from the cardiac surgical procedures, top-notch cardiologists in India can suggest the patient adhere to a healthy lifestyle that involves proper diet and exercise too.
3. Why does the cost of treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
The cardiac treatment cost in India at various hospitals within the same country varies. The overall cost of the treatment is contingent on a variety of factors such as human resources, capital costs, and material costs, hospital type etc. Other factors may include cost per surgery, operating costs, cost per inpatient stay, cost per laboratory test, cost per inpatient stay or outpatient visit, cost of OPD visit, emergency room visit, cost of IPD stay, cost per laboratory test, cost per visit at the physiotherapy and other units, and cost per admission or bed-day at the intensive care unit.
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
A large section of People who travel to India to seek medical procedures use the facilities offered by Medmonks. Medmonks enjoys the privilege of offering best services to international patients that may include round the clock support care, accommodation services, affordable prices strategic connectivity, translation services and much more at negligible costs.
Patients who come to India to pursue best-quality treatment have the luxury to explore the beauty and culture of the country as well.
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for International patients?
Medmonks is one of the very few healthcare providers in the country that has earned a colossal reputation of providing telemedicine consultation services to International patients at free of costs.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will MedMonks helps the patient switching to a different hospital?
In case a patient does not suffice with the services offered by a particular cardiology hospital, professionals working with Medmonks will arrange the switch; the patient will be moved to a different hospital without further ado.
7. What is the cost of different cardiac procedures in India?
The cost of heart surgery in India has been mentioned below:
4. Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TLR)
5. Valve Repair /Replacement
6. Aneurysm Repair
7. Heart transplant
8. What type of training a cardiologist in India needs to undergo?
Reputable cardiologists in India have attained necessary educational degrees including MBBS, MS or Doctor of Osteopathy. Apart from that, they have received a fellowship of two to three years from reputable institutes of International stature in a variety of specializations, such as cardiovascular diseases, interventional cardiology and heart failure.
In addition, top-notch cardiologists in India are open to learning new techniques, accumulate competitive knowledge, and have the necessary know-how-skills in all of the treatment aspects.
9. Why choose Medmonks?
A highly regarded healthcare provider, Medmonks has earned the trust of millions of people by offering premium-quality medical services at a fraction of the cost.
We are an eminent medical travel company in India today. Our stand out attributes of noticeable features includes,
1. Highly educated and experienced panel: With a highly-regarded panel that comprises experienced doctors, surgeons working in the premier hospital in India, Medmonks has a robust network, to begin with. The educated panel helps the patients to get in touch with the best doctor such as cardiologist of their choice in an easy and efficient manner.
2. Unparallel facilities: Since medical emergencies can happen at any time, we pledge to offer end-to-end support (round the clock) to patients in getting a medical visa and an appointment with the doctor concerned with the help of our highly experienced professionals and a reliable network of premier hospitals. Furthermore, our dedicated professionals arrange suitable accommodation for the patient and his or her family, provide transportation facility and much more.
3. Ethical values: Our moral values are our strength. Medmonks is known for providing genuine, value-added services to people of various degrees at authentic prices.
4. Affordability: Keeping the economic aspects of all types of individuals in mind, we have introduced budget-friendly packages to help patients or their family members reach out to the best cardiology hospital in India. Hence, regardless of your budget, we can find a reliable medical center in India for you.
Further, Medmonks is known for offering a wide range of additional services including, follow up services, free translation services, and on ground services to patients, local and international both.
So, if you are looking for a reputable medical travel company that can assist you in getting best-quality and affordable medical services in India, Medmonks is the best choice indeed.