Best Kidney Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
A kidney is responsible for cleansing and balancing the fluids in the body by extracting the waste material. Any disease or functional damage in the kidneys can lead to a harmful or a fatal condition in which the waste can get accumulated in the body. A kidney transplant is usually considered when a person’s kidney can no longer function. But for such severe procedures, the patient should receive treatment in the top Kidney Transplant Hospital in India where he/she can find the best doctors and the latest technology in the country.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
These factors should be considered while selecting the Best Kidney Transplant Hospital In India:
• Is the hospital certified to provide healthcare facilities by a government organization (NABH or JCI)?
JCI (Joint Commission International) is an international association that has determined the standards for medical care providers that help in protecting the patients.
NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) is a similar association that analyses the quality of treatment provided at Indian hospitals.
• How is the infrastructure of the hospital? Kidney transplant surgery requires hospital stay of 10 to 15 days making it important that patient feel comfortable with the services and the infrastructure at the hospital. We recommend patients to explore the gallery of the hospitals before making their final choice.
• Is the hospital equipped with the technology required for the surgery? It is important that the hospital has the resources to allow the surgeon to perform a successful surgery. Patients should seek a second opinion before a major surgery like kidney transplantation, that will help them explore new surgical techniques which can potentially cause damage and result in speedier recover.
• What are the qualifications of the surgeon? How much experience does the doctors and staff at the hospital have? Experience and qualifications play an important role in determining the quality of treatment delivered by a healthcare professional, so ensure to read the career profile of doctors carefully.
• How the reviews of the hospital? Patients can search for the review of old patients or directly contact Medmonks to learn about the goodwill of the hospital.
Patients can browse through Medmonks to find the Best Kidney Treatment Hospital In India by comparing its infrastructure, staff and the technologies available.
2. What technologies are important to perform kidney transplant surgery?
Minimal Invasive Surgical tools & machine:
Advancements in the medical world, have given to innovative operation techniques like robotic surgery and laparoscopic surgery, that uses multiple small incisions for performing the surgery.
Apparently, the whole transplant cannot be performed via this technique as it requires insertion of a healthy functioning kidney.
3. Why does the cost of treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
The variation in the cost of a kidney transplant can be caused because of the following reasons:
The technology available at the healthcare centre
Experience of surgeons/ doctors and other staff at the hospital
Specialization of the surgeon
The requirement of additional procedure
Use of any special drug, machine or component
4. What facilities are given to international patients at kidney specialist hospital in India?
Most hospitals in India facilitating treatment facilities for International patients empathize with the overwhelming feeling felt by them coming to a foreign country. They provide them with the same facility appointing a translator, and even if they don’t have an executive who can speak their language, Medmonks will provide them with a free translator. The company also help patients in making their travel, treatment and accommodation arrangements.
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Usually, most hospitals do provide telemedicine services. But even if the hospital selected by the patient does not profile telemedicine services, Medmonks helps them get in touch with their respective surgeons over a free video call session or a message chat.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
Due to any circumstances, if a patient finds the services provided at the hospital selected by them to be unsatisfactory, they can contact Medmonks and file a request for moving to a different healthcare center. The company take these concerns very seriously and take immediate action either by contacting the current hospital or transfer the patient to a better hospital.
7. Where can I find the best kidney transplant surgeons in India?
Most reputed and experienced kidney transplant doctors in India tend to work with the top hospitals in the country which are located in states like Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore etc. This is because these are the few hospitals that are able to afford their fees and comprise the latest technology and resources that can help them perform the surgeries successfully.
8. What is the cost of kidney transplant surgery in India?
The cost of the procedure in India starts at USD 9,500 to USD 13,500 that can vary depending on the diagnosis of the patient.
In some cases, the transplant can be performed immediately, because of the availability of a matching donor (deceased or alive), while in some cases, it can get delayed. While waiting for a donor, kidney patients need to get dialysis that costs around USD 120 per cycle in order to survive.
1. The final cost of the procedure can only be determined after the after the patient has been physically examined at the hospital.
2. International patients cannot legally use the organs of an Indian donor. They need to travel with a donor from their country, preferably parents, siblings or spouse, with the proper documentation.
9. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks is a leading patient management company that acts as a browsing platform for international patients allowing them to receive affordable healthcare facilities in countries like India. They make arrangements for patient’s travel, and treatment in India or 14 other countries based on their selection, allowing patients to focus on their recovery.
Certified Hospitals & Surgeons – Locating the best kidney transplant surgeon in India can be a major challenge considering that international patients don’t have a clue about the Best kidney treatment hospital in India. Medmonks guides patients to the perfect doorstep based on their condition or disease. Patients can use our website to read about career profiles and compare different hospitals and doctors on their own as well.
Post-Arrival and Arrival Facilities – We help patients book flight tickets, make doctor appointments and make hotel bookings in India. We also provide free translators and make religious arrangements for patients to help them feel as comfortable as possible in a foreign country. Patients can also access our customer service executive 24*7 for any medical or personal emergency.
Post-Return – Patients can contact their kidney transplant hospital in India and get in touch with their doctor using the free video consultation service provided by to allow the patient to receive follow up care. ”