Vidyasagar Institute of Mental Health Neuro and Allied Sciences(VIMHANS), Delhi
: 13 Kms
: 13 Kms
Choose the weight loss surgery hospital in India that have been accredited by International agencies such as NABH, NABL, and JCI.
Apart from the accreditations, reputable weight loss surgery hospitals should be safe and affordable. To ensure that, one must take word of mouth recommendations and reviews into account from previously treated patients and their family members.
Furthermore, weight loss surgeons functioning in these hospitals must have the highest qualifications and expertise along with extensive experience to help them employ the latest techniques in a successful way.
Hence, people looking for good weight loss surgery centers in India should be cognizant of the hospital's accreditations, patient testimonies and quality of the surgeons before settling for one.
For more insight, log on to medmonk.com.
Weight loss surgeons can use any of the procedures mentioned below to help patients to battle obesity permanently.
1. Laparoscopic Gastric Banding: In this procedure, an inflatable band is positioned around the upper part of the stomach which in turn helps in constructing a small pouch along with a narrow passage into the remainder of the stomach. The band is inflated with saline afterwards. Over time, this band is adjusted with an aim to alter the passage's size. This particular procedure is advised and performed on severely obese people- those who are almost 100 pounds or more.
2. Biliopancreatic Diversion: Malabsorptive operations like Biliopancreatic Diversion(BPD), wherein a large portion of the stomach is removed, restrict food intake and amount of calories and nutrients the body absorbs both. Being a high-risk procedure (nutritional deficiencies are common), BPD is less frequently used than other types of weight-loss procedures.
3. Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RGB): In this procedure, the size of the stomach is made smaller by making use of surgical staples by the surgeon. As a result of which, a small stomach pouch is formed that remains attached to the middle part of the small intestine. As food goes into the patient's mouth, it bypasses the upper part of the small intestine as well as stomach and travels straight to the middles segment of the small intestine via a small opening. This bypassing of food limits the amount of food an individual eats, and so weight remains under control. However, this procedure can give rise to a few symptoms like nausea, weakness, sweating and diarrhea.
4. Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (VBG): A restrictive gastric bypass surgery, Vertical banded gastroplasty is a form of bariatric surgery for weight control. This type of surgical procedure is highly effective in patients suffering from severe obesity. The prime objective of this procedure is again the same; it impedes the food intake rate inpatients. The surgeon utilizes sophisticated surgical staples to create a small stomach pouch. Being small in size, the concerned individual feels full sooner. The major benefit of this procedure is that it does not affect the absorption process involved in digestion.
5. Sleeve Gastrectomy: Sleeve Gastrectomy is a procedure in which the size of the stomach is cut down to a minimum. The Sleeve Gastrectomy is a restrictive surgical procedure, wherein the size of the stomach is scaled down- it is reduced to about 25% of its original size. The process of reduction of the stomach's size is executed by extracting a large portion of the stomach along the greater curvature. The respective open edges are attached together (with the help of surgical staples); the outcome is a sleeve or tube. Sleeve Gastrectomy is gaining popularity in young patients including children and adolescents.
The type of surgery chosen for the patient is dependent on several factors that may include age and health conditions of the patient.
Apart from the surgical procedures, weight loss surgeons in India can suggest the patient adhere to a healthy lifestyle that involves proper diet and exercise to cut down those extra calories.
The weight loss surgery cost in India at various hospitals within the same country is varied due to myriad factors such as human resources, capital costs, and material costs, hospital type etc.
Different hospitals of different standard or degree or stature have different treatment costs. This is due to a variety of factors including, cost per surgery, operating costs, cost per inpatient stay, cost per laboratory test, cost per inpatient stay or outpatient visit, cost of OPD visit, emergency room visit, cost of IPD stay, cost per laboratory test, cost per visit at the physiotherapy and other units, and cost per admission or bed-day at the intensive care unit.
Medmonks offer excellent healthcare services to patients who travel from overseas to India to fulfill their medical needs. The services may include round the clock support care, accommodation services, affordable prices strategic connectivity, translation services and much more at negligible costs.
Along with pursuing best-quality treatment in India under the supervision of highly experienced professionals of Medmonks, patients have the luxury to explore the beauty and culture of India during your stay.
We are one of the very few healthcare providers in the country that enjoys the privilege of providing telemedicine consultation services to International patients.
In case a patient does not suffice with the services offered by a particular weight loss hospital, professionals working with Medmonks will arrange the switch; the patient will be moved to a different hospital without further ado.
The cost of weight loss surgery techniques are:
1. Adjustable gastric banding
2. Gastric bypass surgery (Roux-en-Y)
3. Robotic weight loss surgery
4. Sleeve gastrectomy
5. Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (VBG)
Reputable weight loss surgeons in India have attained necessary educational degrees including MBBS, MS along with completing fellowship programs from International universities.
Apart from the formal education, most of the weight loss surgeons in India have pursued integrated training programs for expanding challenges of vascular care in a holistic manner; it helps them to prepare them to do incredible things to treat even the most complicated patient-cases ever.
Undergoing such extensive educational and training programs help the surgeons to pay heed to sub-speciality components to reach a safe level of surgical competence which in turn has brought down the overall morbidity and mortality rates involved with weight loss surgery in India.
In addition, weight loss surgeons in India are open to learning new techniques, accumulate competitive knowledge, and have the necessary know-how-skills in all of the treatment aspects.
Medmonks, a renowned healthcare provider has earned the trust of millions of people by offering premium-quality medical services.
We stand out from others due to the attributes mentioned below.
Our noticeable features are:
1. Well-regarded and highly sought-after panel: Medmonks has formed a robust network, which comprises some of the best doctors, surgeons and hospitals in India.
2. Major facilities: With the help of our highly experienced professionals and a reliable network of premier hospitals, we offer end-to-end support to patients in getting a medical visa and an appointment with the doctor concerned. Also, we arrange suitable accommodation for the patient and his or her family, provide transportation facility and much more.
3. Ethical values: Our moral values are our strength. Medmonks is known for providing genuine services to people of various degrees.
4. Affordability: Keeping the economic aspects of all types of individuals in mind, we have introduced budget-friendly packages to help you get in touch with the best medical facility in India. No matter what your budget is, we have service for you.
In addition, Medmonks offer free follow up services, free translation services, and on ground services to patients, local and international both.
Hence, for people looking for best-quality and affordable medical Services, Medmonks is a boon.