Best Pulmonology Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
33 Years old Mozambique Patient undergoes CTVS pro....
Patient: Mr SargioCangola Age: 33 male Country: Mozam....Read More
UAE Patient Underwent Successful Knee Replacement ....
Country: UAE Condition: Knee Problems Treatment: Robo....Read More
Pulmonology is the study and speciality of the respiratory tract. It is a branch of internal chest & respiratory medicine, which is a part of intensive care medicine. It involves the management of patients who are on mechanical ventilation or require life-support. Medication is essential for managing pulmonology diseases, which can be taken either in an oral form (leukotriene antagonists, antibiotics) or by inhalation (steroids and bronchodilators). Further, acute conditions might require therapeutic or surgical treatment. Pulmonology Hospitals in India are not only build on the latest infrastructural design but also have the latest technology and the best medical minds to treat different types of severe respiratory diseases.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Pulmonary treatment can go on for weeks, during which the patient has to visit the hospital regularly or admit in it, for advanced therapies, making it important that they choose the best healthcare center that has the best staff and equipment for treating their condition.
The following factors can help patients select the best pulmonology hospital in India:
• Is the healthcare center accredited by NABH or JCI? JCI (Joint Commission International) is a council board that helps international patients in determining the quality of treatment provided at hospitals worldwide. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) is an Indian quality council board certification designed for analyzing the standard and quality of treatment delivered at different hospitals in India.
• Where is the hospital located? Patients should make sure that they select their hospital based on the services available in and around the hospital. They might feel tempted to select hospitals located in an isolated area because of the low cost, but they should realize the cost of treatment is low at these hospitals because of unavailability of the latest technology.
• How are the reviews of the hospital? Patients can use our website for reading reviews of old patients and compare ratings for selecting the best hospital for pulmonology in India.
• What technologies and equipment are available at the hospital? Patients should check if the hospital comprises of the required diagnostic tools and machines, for detecting and treating their condition. PET, RICU, Oxygen therapy, PFT are some of the important technologies necessary for the treatment of pulmonary diseases.
Patients can browse the internet for researching the infrastructure, technologies, and doctors available at some of the best pulmonology hospitals in India.
However, we suggest patients contact Medmonks directly for getting reliable details about the hospital.
2. What technologies are important to perform pulmonology procedures?
PET (Positron Emission Tomography) – uses functional imaging technology that can help in observing metabolic processes inside the body that helps in detecting different diseases such as lung cancer.
Chest X-Rays – uses electromagnetic radiation for producing images of the inside of the chest of the patient, allowing the doctor to detect any damage or lump.
Spirometry – is one of the most common types of PFTs (Pulmonary Function Tests). It is used for measuring lung function, specifically the speed and volume of air inhaled and exhaled by the patients. Spirometry is useful for assessing the breathing pattern of the patients who are afflicted with conditions like asthma.
Arterial Blood Gas – is a blood test, that uses the blood of radial artery for measuring the amount of carbon dioxide and oxygen in the patient’s body.
Mechanical Ventilators – Majority of patients suffering from a pulmonary condition are at high risk of losing their ability to breathe, or have trouble breathing making the availability of ventilators necessary at the hospitals.
CT Scanning – aka Computed Tomography Scan uses a combination of advanced X-Ray measurement from multiple angles for producing tomographic images that help in analyses the lungs and other organs present in the chest.
MRI – Magnetic Resonance Imaging uses radiology for forming pictures of physiological and anatomic processes in the body that can be used for determining health or aggressiveness of the disease. It can generate images of any organ, including the respiratory tract.
HRCT – (High-resolution Computed Tomography) uses computed tomography with enhanced image resolution, that is commonly used for diagnosing lung diseases, by analyzing lung parenchyma.
Respiratory Intense Care Unit (RICU) – are necessary for constant care and monitoring of the patient on a mechanical ventilator or for correcting or managing severe cases of acute respiratory failure.
e-ICU (Electronic Intensive Care Unit)│ (Available at Apollo Hospital & Fortis Hospital in India) – is a telemedicine service that uses art technology for providing an active layer of advanced care service to patients.
3. Why does the cost of treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
The following factors are responsible for variation in cost across different pulmonology hospitals in India:
- Location of the Hospital (Metro/ Urban/ Rural)
- Hospital Room Rent
- Days Spent in the Hospital
- Type of Treatment
- Fees of the Pulmonologist
- Additional Consultation
- Additional Procedure
- Use of special components/ technology
- Services used at the hospital
- Other Miscellaneous Reasons
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
Medmonks provides international patients will the following facilities:
- Visa & Flight Assistance
- Accommodation Adjustments
- Doctor appointments and treatment booking
- Free Translator, so they can convey their concerns freely with the doctor
- Free Pick & Drop Service, so they don’t feel lost
- Treatment Discounts
- 24*7 Customer service
- Free Video Consultation (Before Arrival & After Departure)
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Most pulmonology hospitals in India offer telemedicine services for international patients. However, in case the healthcare center selected by the patient does not provide this service, patients who have used Medmonks are eligible to avail 6-month message chat service and two free video consultation session with their doctor after their treatment.
Patients can use these services for any purpose be it follow-up care or any medical emergency.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
In some cases, a patient might feel uncomfortable with the location, staff, facilities or the infrastructure of the hospital selected by them, which might make them want to shift to a different healthcare center. The company understand such scenario, in which patient can have second thoughts about their choice of preferred hospital. Patients can contact our executives, who will help them find and move to a hospital of a similar stature without compromising with their treatment schedule.
7. Are the best pulmonology doctors in India working at famous hospitals only?
Yes, this statement is true in most cases. A hospital builds its goodwill on the medical achievements of its staff and doctors, so they seek to get associated the best doctors in India with their name. Another reason, why doctors prefer working at famous hospitals, is because they are equipped with the resources and the technology that helps them treat patients effectively.
8. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks is a leading medical travel assistance service provider that facilitates healthcare services for international patients by guiding them to the best pulmonology hospitals in India. We receive dozens of queries from patients suffering from pulmonary diseases from around the world every month, that are attracted to the country because of the affordable cost of treatment here.
Reasons to use our services
Pre-Arrival Services – We help in guiding patients to select the best hospitals in India and arrange video free video call consultation with their doctor, allowing them to make a decision based on their interaction with a professional about their condition. Apart from this we also assist patients visa approvals and their flight tickets.
Arrival Services – We provide airport pickups, accommodation, doctor appointment management, translator and 24*7 customer care facilities for our patient during their stay.
Post-Return-Services – Patient can stay in touch with their pulmonology hospitals in India after they go back to their country, and can discuss any concern or medical emergency with them over a video or an online chat consultation.”