Best Pulmonology Doctors in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
Pulmonology is the branch of medicine that deals with the treatment involving respiratory tract diseases. It is considered a type of internal medicine subspecialty that is managed by a pulmonologist.
Pulmonologists are basic physicians, who receive MD, after completing a residency program, which followed by DM and an additional fellowship of two or more years in pulmonology as a sub speciality. After completing their education, pulmonologists in India get a board certification by passing an exam and registering in the state to practice as a healthcare professional. They are involved in both research and clinical treatment of respiratory tract ranging from respiratory epithelium anatomy that is an effective treatment for pulmonary hypertension to basic breathing disorders.
1. How do I know who is the right doctor for me? Is the doctor board certified? In what field? – “How do I study a doctor’s profile”?
Patients should consider the following factors for selecting the best pulmonologist in India:
• Is the hospital easy to locate? International patients should select hospitals located in urban areas to ensure that they are able to reach there easily.
• Is the pulmonologist certified from a medical association (MCI)? Medical Council of India is an authoritative and recognized board that verifies the credentials of the healthcare providers in the country.
• What qualifications does the pulmonologist have? A pulmonology doctor needs to have MBBS, MD, DM and fellowship specialization in pulmonology for becoming eligible to register as a pulmonologist in India. Patients should ensure that their doctor has the required training and education to treat them.
• Can the doctor treat all types of respiratory conditions? Patients can go through career profiles of different doctors and select them according to the disease and the type of sub-specialist it requires.
For further queries, patients can contact Medmonks directly.
2. What is the difference between a pulmonologist and a thoracic surgeon?
A Thoracic surgeon performs all types of major heart and lungs surgeries. Pulmonologists perform specialized laboratory test for obtaining samples from the chest or lung of the patient, that help in further analyzing and studying their conditions. They utilize radiographic techniques for viewing lungs & heart vasculatures for assisting with the diagnosis of the chest disease in the heart or respiratory tract.
3. What are the special interests/procedures that some of these doctors are performing?
Pulmonology involves management of patients who require life support and extended mechanical ventilation. A pulmonologist is specially trained for diagnosing respiratory conditions and diseases, particularly emphysema, tuberculosis, asthma and other chest infections.
Following procedures are commonly used for the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions:
Arterial Blood Gas – helps in measuring the amount of arterial gases (oxygen, carbon dioxide) in the blood. The results of the test are derived by examining the small dose of blood which is extracted from the radial artery through a syringe.
Scintigraphy (Gamma Test) – uses radioisotopes that come with attached drugs that can travel through specific tissues and organs. It helps in putting medicines directly to the affected organs, which helps in delivering faster results.
Positron Emission Tomography – is a type of nuclear medicine that uses functional imaging technique which can observe a body’s metabolic processes. It helps in diagnosing lung cancer and numerous other types of respiratory diseases.
Bronchoscopy – is an endoscopic technique in which a flexible tube with an attached camera is inserted inside the patient through their nose or mouth for diagnosis of lung conditions or to perform a transbronchial biopsy.
4. On selecting the doctor, how do we book the appointments? Can I video consult with her before arriving?
Patients can browse through the list of pulmonologists on our website and select the best the best doctors for treatment. Once they have made their mind, they can contact Medmonks team, to book an appointment with their doctor.
The company can also arrange a video consultation between the doctor and patient if demanded. We highly suggest patients use this service for discussing their concerns or worries they might have regarding their condition or treatment.
5. What happens during a typical doctor consult?
During the first doctor consultation appointment, the pulmonologist will evaluate the symptoms and the extent of damage on the patient’s respiratory for creating a suitable treatment plan for them. He/she will inquire about the following risk factors,
- High blood pressure
- Breathing Disorders
- High cholesterol
A family history of respiratory diseases
The doctor will then question the patient about their disease, (when it was diagnosed, what caused it?)
Now, the patient will be examined physically for any visible signs or symptoms.
The doctor will now analyse the old reports of the patient, asking him/her about the drugs, therapies, treatments they have received in the past.
Based on the discussion, the doctor can also suggest a few diagnostic tests for the patient and create a rough plan, while scheduling the next appointment.
6. If I do not like the opinion given by the doctor, can I get a second opinion?
Medmonks is a patient management company that is devoted to providing the best treatment facilities to the people in need of any form of medical attention. It encourages patients to receive second or more opinions on their condition and explore the latest technologies that can be used for achieving better results.
Patients can use our company’s in-house team for getting a second opinion, or any other doctor of the same stature in India by asking our team to book their appointments.
7. How do I stay in touch with my doctor after the treatment?
Follow-up care is crucial for sustaining the results achieved from the treatment/ procedure, making it important for the patients to stay in touch with their pulmonologist in India.
Medmonks has designed its services to ensure the comfort and health of its patients, by providing them follow-up care. The company provides two free video call consultations & 6-month message chat service to them with their doctor that be used for any type of medical emergency, if required.
8. Why does the fees of Pulmonologists vary in India in the same state?
The following reasons can be held responsible for the variation of in the fees of pulmonologists in India:
- The location of the clinic/ hospital (Metro/ Urban/ Rural)
- Additional Specialization of the Pulmonologist
- Experience of the Pulmonologist
- Type of technique used for the treatment
- Number of procedures performed
Patients can contact Medmonks to book an appointment with the best pulmonologists in India, at the right price.
9. Where can patients find the best Pulmonology hospitals in India?
International patients can find best-grade treatment and healthcare facilities in India that offer services at a reasonable cost. Medmonks has a network of top-notch hospitals that are located in metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai etc. These healthcare centers are designed with world-class infrastructural vision and are equipped with the latest medical technologies, equipment, and the best surgical minds of the country that provide quality treatment at an affordable cost.
10. Why select Medmonks?
“Medmonks is patient management company designed to provide, international patients with cost-effective treatment options in India. We offer patients with the on-ground services that help them quality treatment at an economical price. Our network of certified hospitals allows patients to receive healthcare facilities from the best pulmonology doctors in India.
Our Extended Services:
100% Verified Hospitals │Certified Pulmonologists in India
Pre-Arrival – Video Consultations │Travel Arrangements
Upon Arrival – Cab Pickup & Drop │Free Translation Services │24*7 Helpline Care │ Accommodation Arrangement│ Hospital Appointments │Religious Arrangements │ Dietary Arrangements
Post-Departure – Follow-Up Care │Medicine Delivery or Online Prescription”