Patients can consider the following factors for selecting the best prostate cancer doctor in India:
• Is the prostate cancer doctor certified by a government approved/ affiliated medical board? Patients should ensure that their selected doctor has gained his/her education from a reputed board and is certified and registered under the medical association of the area where they are practicing.
• How much experience does the prostate cancer doctor has? How many surgeries/ chemotherapies/ radiation therapies etc. has he/she performed? Experienced doctors being more familiar to the treatment can possibly achieve better results. Patients should go through the career profiles of doctors thoroughly before making a choice.
• What are the reviews of the prostate cancer doctor? Patients can analyze the quality of treatment delivered by the doctor by reading the reviews and rating of their previous patients.
• What is the gender of the prostate cancer doctor? Some patients might feel conscious about discussing their condition with their doctor if they are of the opposite sex, so they should consider this while making their selection.
Medmonks has listed only certified doctors on its website, to make it easier for patients to select the best doctors in the country for their treatment.
Nephrologists and Urologists are healthcare specialists that are concerned with the study and management of kidney problems. However, a urologist also studies and focuses on the structural or anatomical conditions of the urinary tract, including the kidneys.
Urologists in India have the required knowledge to treat condition within the urinary and kidney tract via surgical and non-surgical techniques. They are responsible for performing biopsies and prostate cancer surgery on the patient. Nephrologist focuses on treating conditions that impact the function of the kidney, like diabetes or other chronic kidney diseases. Nephrologists provide a nonsurgical cure for kidney diseases while a urologist is concerned with the surgical and non-surgical treatment of both urinary and the kidney tract.
Robotic Technology – is a minimally invasive procedure used for surgically removing the tumor using small incisions that helps in minimizing blood loss. It also helps in delivering preciseness, that can be used for performing an operation on sensitive organs like prostate gland etc.
Radical Prostatectomy – is a surgical treatment performed for removing the prostate gland. It is a common method used for treating prostate cancer, which hasn’t spread in the nearby tissues.
Radiotherapy – uses x-ray radiation for killing the cancer cells present in the prostate gland. Patients might be given hormone therapy before radiotherapy to prevent the cancer cells from spreading in the body.
Brachytherapy – is a type of advanced radiotherapy which uses high doses of radiation for killing the cancer cells present in the prostate gland. It can be delivered by implanting multiple radioactive seeds inside the tumor. This method helps in delivering radiation on the affected area, without causing any damage to the nearby organs.
It is common for patients to feel skeptic about the hospitals and doctors while traveling to a foreign country for their treatment. Medmonks empathizes with these concerns and arranges a free video call consultant between the doctor and the patient before they arrive in India. This helps the patients in feeling confident about their selection and discuss any particular aspect about their treatment which might be keeping them up at night.
A typical consultant between the doctor and the patient is arranged for them to discuss the details about the disease.
It usually starts with a brief discussion regarding the condition of the patient and the disease during which the doctor can ask about when the disease was diagnosed, patient’s family history, and the symptoms of the diseases.
Now, the doctor will physically examine the patient for any kind visible symptoms which can include discoloring, dryness, swelling, bruising etc.
Patients are recommended to carry their old reports and a record of all the treatments and drugs they have used or are using to for their condition, as it can be helpful for the doctor in suggesting new medications.
Based on the above interaction, the doctor might suggest a few diagnostic tests.
In the end, a rough treatment plan will be discussed, and the next appointment will be scheduled.
Patients can receive more than one opinion on their condition using Medmonks services. The company will help them book appointment with a doctor of a similar stature who can help them explore new techniques or suggest the same treatment making the patient feel confident about their initial treatment plan.
Medmonks offers patients to stay in touch with their doctors free for 6 months after their treatment via message chat service and 2 video call sessions. This service can be used for seeking assistance on managing minor symptoms, receiving follow-up care or any medical emergency.
Note: This service will remain free for 6 months only. Patients might be charged if they seek assistance on their condition after this period.
The variation in the fees of different medical professionals can be caused because of the following reasons:
Location of the Clinic/ Hospitals
Experience of the Surgeon/Doctor
The specialty of Doctor/Surgeon
Success Rate of the Doctor/Surgeon
The technique used by the doctor for the treatment
Patients are more likely to find the top prostate cancer hospitals in Metro-Cities, and because these hospitals have the latest technology and equipment, the top doctors in the country also prefer working here.
“Medmonks creates an online venue for patients where they can connect with some of the best doctors and hospitals in the world. We want to make affordable treatment accessible to patients around the world who require immediate medical attention. We help patients receive profession healthcare assistance for all medical conditions and disorders by making their travel and housing arrangements in over 14 different countries.
• We make travel and accommodation arrangements for the patients allowing them to concentrate on their treatment and getting better.
• We provide free translation services for patients of non-English speaking countries.
• Patients can also use our services and request for special dietary and religious arrangements in India.
• We also arrange video consultation services for patients with their prostate cancer doctor in India before and after the treatment when they are in their country.”