Best Dental Implant Doctors in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
Dental implants are prosthetic frames or metal posts that are surgically positioned beneath the patient's gum into their jawbone. Once they are placed correctly, the dentist mounts the new teeth onto these posts. Most Dental Implant Doctors in India on our website come with over 10 years of rich experience and training in dentistry that makes them the best choice for treatment. They are not only qualified to perform dental implantation, but they can also perform several extensive and challenging dental procedures like gum cancer, oral infection treatment etc.
1. How do I know who is the right doctor for me? Is the dental implant doctor board certified? In what field? – “How do I study a doctor’s profile”?
Patients can make a list of the best dental implant doctors in India using Medmonks.com based on the following factors:
• Is the dental clinic easy to locate? When traveling overseas, patients should ensure that the healthcare clinic is located in an urban and accessible region, so that they have all the necessary facilities around the clinic to have a comfortable stay.
• Is the dentist certified by Indian dental association (IDA)? IDA is a recognized board, and an authoritative voice created for dentists in India which was founded in 1946.
• What are the educational qualifications of the dentist? Dentists need to earn a BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) degree and then pursue DMD (Doctorate of Dental Medicine) or DDS (Doctorate of Dental Surgery) to get registered and practice dentistry in India.
• Can the dental implant doctor perform different types of dental treatments? Dental implants are usually required by patients because of tooth decay, old age, injury or oral diseases which might have caused their teeth to dissolve. This makes it important for the dental expert to be acquainted with complex treatments so they can place the implants without experiencing any complications.
• How much experience does the dental implant doctor have? Dental treatment is a type of aesthetic procedure that needs to be performed with precision, or it can tamper the patient’s appearance. Experienced doctors being more familiar with the process can deliver better treatment.
Medmonks has listed some of the top dental implant doctors in India, on its website making it easier for international patients to find the best minds for their treatment.
2. What is the difference between DDM (Doctor of Dental Medicine) and DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery)?
Patients might have noticed that the education qualification of some dentists include DDS, while other include DDM. Well, both these degrees actually weigh the same and include the name syllabus and training. The university determines which degree they want the award to the students, but both these degrees have the same curriculum requirements.
3. What are the types of dental implants procedures performed by dentists in India?
Endosteal implants – are surgically rooted directly into the patient’s jawbone and left as it is for a few of days till it heals. Then a second surgery is performed in the patient’s mouth in which the posts are connected with the original implants. Finally, the artificial teeth or tooth are attached on the posts individually or in groups on a denture or bridge.
Subperiosteal implants – consists of a metal frame that is adjusted on the patient’s jawbone below the gum tissue. As the gum starts to heal, the tissues start developing around the frame fixing it to the jawbone. The frame comes with attached posts that protrude through the patient’s gums. Now just like the endosteal implants, the artificial teeth are mounted over these posts.
4. On selecting the doctor, how do we book the appointments? Can I video consult with him/her before arriving?
Medmonks is a one-stop destination for international patients to locate the best dental implant doctors and hospitals in India. Patients can use our website for locating the best treatment options in India. Once they have made their selection, they can use the company’s services for booking a video consultation appointment with their doctors before arriving in India.
This consultation can be used by the patient to discuss any particular concern or symptom about their condition.
5. What happens during a typical doctor consult?
Patients can expect the following things to happen during a typical consultation with their dentist in India:
The appointment usually starts with a brief discussion about the expectations of the patient, in which the dentist analyses the condition of their current teeth, determining the problems.
Next, the dental implant doctor in India will question the patient about oral habits and hygiene.
Further, if the patient has any oral disease, a treatment plan will be discussed.
Based on the above discussion, the dentist will schedule the next appointment, briefly discussing a rough treatment plan with the patient.
6. If I do not like the opinion given by the dentist, can I get a second opinion?
It is common for patients to feel confused before their dental treatment, especially when we talk about a relatively expensive procedure like dental implantation. Patients can seek Medmonks help for receiving second or more opinions on their condition, before undergoing this aesthetic procedure, for achieving the best set of teeth that can complement their smile.
7. How do I stay in touch with my doctor after the surgery (follow-up care)?
Usually, patients do not require extensive follow-up care after getting dental implants, but by using Medmonks services, they can still avail 6-months of free message chat services, including two video call consultation between them and their dentist after returning to their country. These services will remain valid for 6-months from patients date of discharge and can be used for any kind of medical emergency.
8. What is the cost of dental implantation in India?
The average cost of Dental Treatments in India ranges between USD 100 to USD 5000 depending on the complexity of the procedure. Dental implants can be used by patients with tooth decay, teeth injury or after gum cancer surgery, which combined with the procedure can add up to a hefty bill.
Dental implants cost in India can vary depending on the technique used for placing the posts (frames or individual metal posts), and the number of teeth which are being replaced in the process.
However, the average cost of dental implantation in India starts at USD 1,365 (for each tooth).
Note: The cost of dental implant procedure can also vary depending on the material used for creating the posts or the prosthetic teeth placed on the gums of the patient.
9. Why should patients travel to India for their dental implantation?
Affordable Treatment Cost: Dental treatments are considered as a part of aesthetic procedures which are quite expensive and are not covered by most insurance companies; hence the patients have to pay out of their pockets. The affordable cost of dental implantation in India, takes off the financial burden from the patient’s chest, allowing them to receive the same precision and quality of treatment as in their home country.
A network of Medical Geniuses: Dental Doctors in India have to graduate from a dental school BDS/BDM, and then earn postgraduation in MDS for 2 years, followed by (DDS/DMD) and fellowship training to apply for registering as a dental doctor in India, which qualifies them to perform the most complex forms of dental procedures. Patients can surf Medmonks to find the best dental implant doctors in India as the company has a network of government certified doctors on its website.
10. Why select Medmonks?
“Medmonks is the leading patient management company based in India, which is run by a team of doctors and healthcare geniuses that have a combined experience of over 100 years in the medical sector. They walk with their patients acting as their guide from the moment they land in India, supporting them throughout their treatment until they board the flight to their home country.
We also provide additional services which include:
• Visa Approvals and Flight Arrangement
• Doctor appointment arrangement
• Accommodation facilities for co-travelers
• Free Translators – To help assist with the doctor appointments, consultations and basic needs during patient’s stay in India.
• 24*7 Support Care – To help patients with any form of medical or personal emergency.
• Free Video Consultations (Before & After the treatment) – we offer extended post return services to patients, providing 2 free video and six months of free chat consultations with their dental implant doctors in India after their treatment.
• Online prescriptions and medicine delivery, if required.”