Best Brain Tumor Surgeons in India
1. How do I know who is the right doctor for me? Is the doctor board certified? In what field? – “How do I study a doctor’s profile”?
Patients can find the best brain tumor surgeons in India by nitpicking the following things about their neurologists:
• Does a government healthcare association certify the neurologist? For analyzing the competence of the best neurologist in India, patients should look go through their career profiles. Check if your selected surgeon is affiliated to practice by the state or MCI (Medical Council of India).
• Does he/she have any particular specialization? Different neurology conditions require different treatment approach, making it essential for the patients to select their surgeons based on their medical emergency.
• How much experience does he/she have? An amateur surgeon can't perform brain surgery, so the patient should compare the success rate of different neurologists and go through their reviews on our website.
Medmonks will be able to assist patient better if they contact us directly, as they are led by a team of doctors who have the first-hand experience of the medical field.
2. What is the difference between a neuro-physician and a neurologist?
A neurologist is a medical specialist, trained for diagnosing and treating brain and nervous system diseases. And a neuropsychologist is the doctor who studies the functioning of the patient’s brain to determine a pattern between their strengths and weaknesses.
3. What are the special interests/procedures that some of these doctors are performing?
Craniotomy – A surgical operation performed for temporarily removing the bone flap of the skull to allow surgeons to access the brain for operating other procedures.
Awake Craniotomies – is used by Brain tumor surgeons for navigating brain structures of the patient, while he/she is still awake. It helps the surgeons get feedback from the patient as they perform the surgery on the delicate tissues of their brain.
MRI-Guided Laser Ablation – In this procedure the surgeon uses image guidance and laser for removing the tumor from the patient’s brain to achieve better accuracy that prevents the healthy brain tissues from getting affected.
Intraoperative MRI – This surgery is performed with an MRI that allows surgeons to detect and address problems or challenges in the brain within the operating room during the surgery.
4. On selecting the doctor, how do we book the appointments? Can I video consult with her before arriving?
Patients can book an appointment with their selected neurosurgeon by using our services before coming to India. We can also arrange a video consultation for the patient with their brain tumor surgeon, to discuss their condition or gain recommendations for using any medicines until their treatment is started in India.
5. What happens during a typical doctor consult?
Doctors usually ask the following questions or do the following things during a typical consultation:
• Discussion about when the tumor was diagnosed, including if it is benign or malignant?
• Physical examination of the affected area to study any visible symptoms.
• Discussion about the treatments and medications they have used in the past.
• Analysis of the old reports of the patients.
• Recommendation to undergo a few tests if required.
• Development of a treatment plan. (Surgical/Chemotherapy/Radiotherapy)
6. If I do not like the opinion given by the doctor, can I get a second opinion?
Patients are free to seek out for different opinions if they don’t feel confident about the treatment plan suggested by their selected heart surgeon in India. Medmonks will help patients fix an appointment with some of the brain tumor surgeons in India, to help them explore a different opinion.
7. How can patients stay in touch with my doctor after the surgery?
Follow-up care is an essential part of recovery, which should be taken very seriously by the patient, especially after brain surgery. We motivate patients to stay in touch with their surgeon, who can better assist them in times of medical emergency that might occur as a side-effect of surgery, via free video call or free online chat services for 6 months, if required.
8. Why does the cost of Brain tumor procedures in India differ across hospitals?
The treatment cost of brain tumor in India is subject to vary depending on multiple factors like the surgeon’s fees, hospital charges, time spent for performing the surgery, specialist required in the surgery, days spent in the hospitals, and medicines used throughout the procedure.
9. Where can patients find the best brain tumor hospitals in India?
Patients can locate the best brain tumor surgeons in India in its metropolises, as most experienced and specialized surgeons prefer working with well-established hospitals that can provide them with the resources which are required for them to perform successful surgeries. Patients will also be able to access better facilities in cities like Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai etc., compared to an isolated region or slightly backward area.
10. Why select Medmonks?
Medmonks is one of the leading patient management company located in Delhi, India that connects international patients with their network of certified treatment centers and medical experts in India, to help them attain quality healthcare services at an affordable cost. They act as a guide, assisting patients with their visa, flight tickets, doctors appointment and stay in India so patients can concentrate on becoming healthy again, as they do all the groundwork.
Certified Hospital | Best Brain Tumor Surgeons in India
Pre-Arrival – Visa Assistance | Flights | Hotel Booking | Doctor Appointment | Video Call (to help patients make up their mind about the doctor)
On-Arrival – Airport Pickup | Free Translator | Cab Discounts | Hotel Discounts | Religious Arrangement | Dietary Arrangement | 24*7 Helpline
Post Departure – Online Prescription | International Medicine Delivery | Follow-Up Care (Video Call or Online Chat)