Urologists in India
1. How do I know who is the right urologist for me? Is the doctor board certified? In what field? – “How do I study a doctor’s profile”?
Patients should consider the following factors while selecting a urologist:
- Is the urologist certified by a reputed board of medical specialty? It is important that the patient verifies whether their surgeon/doctor has completely their degree from a reputed college and also check if he/she is licensed to legally practice urology in India or not.
- What is the experience of the urologist? How many surgeries has the urologist performed? Does he/she have a sub-specialty? Experienced doctors are more likely to operate the patient successfully, as they are also more likely to have a specialty. Patients should select doctors based on their career profiles and specialty.
- How are the reviews of the urologist? Reviews of urologist’s old patients can be used for analyzing his/her performance.
- What is the gender of your urologist? In some cases patients might feel uncomfortable with a urologist of opposite sex treating them, so they should select the doctor considering this.
We have simplified this search for patients as we only list certified hospitals and urologist in India on our website. Patients can also run customized search based on their preferred location or type of treatment for filtering suitable surgeons for their treatment.
2. What is the main difference between a urologist and a nephrologist?
Urologists and nephrologists are both cater to the treatment of kidney problems. A urologist is a medical specialist who focuses on structural or anatomical disorders of urinary and kidneys tract. They both treat problems like kidney cancer, kidney blockage and kidney stones.
Urologists in India have earned combined qualification of correcting such situations in patients through surgical or outpatient medical procedures. Nephrologist gains medical specialty in remedying disorders like diabetes and chronic kidney diseases which prevent the kidneys from functioning properly. Nephrologists perform nonsurgical medical treatments for correcting these disorders.
3. What are the special interests/procedures that some of the urologists are performing?
- Cystoscopy – is performed for detecting urinary tract problems like hematuria, urinary retention, stones, abnormal tissues, urethra narrowing, urinary frequency or urgency etc.
- Ureteroscopy – is performed for finding the cause which might be leading to urine blockage or for evaluating other disorders in the kidney or ureters.
- Circumcision – is a cultural ritual which now is performed professionally by urologist like different countries of the world. In this procedure the extra skin from the top of the penis is removed.
- MACE (Malone Antegrade Continence Enema) – is a surgery performed for creating a continent pathway to the anus which facilitates fecal evacuation with the help of enema. It is usually used by patients when who have trouble with their bowel movements.
- Mitrofanoff Surgery – or appendicovesicostomy is performed using the appendix for creating a conduit between the urinary bladder and the skin surface.
- Bladder Augmentation Surgery – is used for increasing the size of the bladder that can help patients in storing a large amount of urine without causing leakage or high pressures.
- Vaginal reconstruction or replacement surgery – Vaginoplasty is used for tightening the vagina by reconstructing its shape. While Labiaplasty is the reconstruction of vaginal lips (labia) for changing its size.
4. On selecting the doctor, how do we book the appointments? Can I video consult with her before arriving?
Patients can contact Medmonks and use their extensive array of medical tourism services, which includes everything from booking patients plane tickets, making doctor appointments, or assisting them throughout their treatment. Medmonks even encourage patients to interact with their surgeons or doctors on a video chat before arriving in India.
5. What happens during a typical urologist consult?
Here are a few that patient should expect at their urologist consultancy:
• It will be a non-surgical appointment between the doctor and the patient, where the urologist will study his/her reports while running a few tests himself/herself.
• A urologist will conduct a physical exam on the patient that will examine the genitourinary system (urinary bladder, urethra, kidneys and reproductive organs)
• The patient might be asked for a urine sample, so they should arrive at the office with a full bladder. A few urological conditions are also known to prevent patients from urinating or hold urine, so the patient should inform the hospital or staff about it in advance.
• Following the exam, the patient and the urologist will create a treatment plan, which might include medications, therapies or surgery.
6. If I do not like the opinion given by the doctor, can I get a second opinion?
Medmonks allows patients to explore their options and seek guidance from different Urologists in India before the surgery if required. We want patients to feel confident about the hospital and doctor selected by them before they go forward with surgery.
7. How do I stay in touch with my doctor after the surgery?
We take our patient health very seriously, which is why we arrange video sessions for follow up care between international patients and their surgeons in India, to help them seek assistance from a healthcare professional who has been thoroughly involved in their case.
8. Why does the cost of urological treatment so affordable in India?
The cost of urology treatment in India ranges from $4,000 to $10,000 depending on the condition and the treatment approach of the patient. The reason why most healthcare procedure in India, are significantly more affordable then their treatment cost in other countries, is because of the availability of a large number of hospitals in India that are filled with the latest technologies.
9. What are the best urology hospitals in India?
Most hospitals in India, consist of a urology department that is led by a team of experienced doctors, whose career profiles are glorified with over 80% success rate. We have ensured to list only the best doctors in India for our patients so that it becomes easier for them to filter their options. Patients can study the technologies, infrastructure and reviews about these hospitals on medmonks.com before finalizing a hospital.
10. Why select Medmonks?
Medmonks creates an online venue for patients where they can connect with some of the best doctors and hospitals in the world. We want to make affordable treatment accessible to patients around the world who require immediate medical attention. We help patients receive profession healthcare assistance for all medical conditions and disorders by making their travel and housing arrangements in over 14 different countries.
- We make travel and accommodation arrangements for the patients allowing them to concentrate on their treatment and getting better.
- We provide free translation services for patients of non-English speaking countries.
- Patients can also use our services and request for special dietary and religious arrangements in India.
We also arrange video consultation services for patients with their urologists in India before and after the treatment when they are in their country.