Best Gastroenterologist in India
1. How do I know who is the right doctor for me? Is the doctor board certified? In what field? – “How do I study a doctor’s profile”?
We suggest patients to verify the following factors for selecting the Best Gastroenterologist In India:
• Is the Hospital/clinic easy to locate? Patients should ensure that their select doctor works at a hospital which can be easily located by them.
• Is the gastroenterologist certified by an authorized Medical Council of India? Indian government has made several councils to help protect the rights of the patients and to ensure that all patients receive quality treatment.
• What are the qualifications of the gastroenterologist? It is important that the patient selects there doctor based on their qualification to ensure that they are able to treat the condition that they are suffering from.
• Can the gastroenterologist perform all types of treatments? A gastroenterologist is a sub-specialist that focuses on the treatment of certain problems within the digestive tract. For certain cases, one or more specialists might be required for performing the surgery, making it important to check if the doctor is trained to perform all types of procedures or not.
• How many years of experience does the gastroenterologist have? Any treatment which requires an incision should be performed by an experienced doctor. Patients should review the career profiles and success rate of different specialists before selecting them. Best gastroenterologist in India tends to have more than 20 plus years of experience.
Patients can save their time and energy and directly contact Medmonks to get the make an appointment with the most Famous Gastroenterologist In India.
2. What is the difference between a gastroenterologist and a colorectal surgeon?
A rectal or colon surgeon (aka Proctologist) is trained to treat diseases of the anus, rectum and colon. A proctologist majorly deals with the problems of the intestines only. A gastroenterologist focuses on the treatment and diagnosis of all organs of the digestive tract like pancreas, liver, stomach, ducts, small & large intestines, gallbladder and rectum. A GI (gastroenterologist) is trained in internal training with gastroenterology to perform procedures like EGD, endoscopic techniques, capsule endoscopy and colonoscopy.
3. What are the special interests/procedures that some of these doctors are performing?
Endoscopy – is a gastroenterology sub-specialty dedicated to the treatment and diagnosis of digestive diseases and problems using endoscopic procedures. Endoscopy is a non-surgical method that uses a flexible tube that has a camera attached to it, that is inserted inside the patient digestive track, to analyse his/her condition.
4. On selecting the doctor, how do we book the appointments? Can I video consult with her before arriving?
Patients can refer to our website and compare the career profiles multiple gastroenterologists to select the best specialist. Once selected, they can contact Medmonks, that will help them schedule a video consultation session with their selected doctor, before traveling to India.
5. What happens during a typical doctor consult?
Patients can expect their gastroenterologist to ask them or perform the following examination on them during a doctor consult:
The origin and cause of the problem.
What symptoms are experienced because of the of the disorder or disease and to what extent?
Physical examination of the patient.
Has the patient used any therapy, treatment or drugs for relieving the symptoms? Has any of them worked?
History of patient’s medical reports produced throughout the years
Suggestion on any diagnostic tests for further investigation, if required
Based on the above discussion the doctor will create a treatment plan.
6. If I do not like the opinion given by the doctor, can I get a second opinion?
Patients can seek a second opinion from Medmonks in-house team of specialists or any doctor of there choice if they feel confused or unsure about the first opinion suggested by the first doctor.
7. How do I stay in touch with my doctor after the surgery?
Majority of Indian hospitals that deal with international patient do provide telemedicine and follow-up services to the patients. However, even in case, the hospital selected by them are unable to provide these services, Medmonks will help the patient get in touch with their gastroenterologist in India after they return to their country.
8. Why does the cost of gastroenterology treatment vary in hospitals located in the same location?
The following factors can cause the cost of gastroenterology procedures to vary across India:
Fees of the gastroenterologist
Location of the Hospital (Rural/ Urban/ Metro)
Experience of the Hospital Staff
Additional Speciality of the Surgeon
The technology used in the Surgery
Use of any additional drug or component
9. Where can patients find the best gastroenterology hospitals in India?
Hospitals located in metropolitan cities tend to have access to the latest technology and resources that naturally attract the best doctors and surgeons, making it an ideal setting for a patient to receive their treatment in. Hospitals at metro-cities will also consist of the most famous gastroenterologist in India. By selecting a hospital at a slightly isolated area, the patient might be able to get a more economical price, but it is unlikely that it will consist of the latest equipment and technology for performing the treatment.
10. Why select Medmonks?
“ Medmonks is a leading patient management company based in India, which is run by a team of doctors and healthcare geniuses that have a combined experience of over 100 years in the medical sector. We provide international patients with an open door to kickstart their treatment without any hassle at an affordable price. We walk with our patients acting as their guide from the moment they land in India, supporting them throughout their treatment until they board the flight to their home country.
We also provide additional services which include:
A network of accredited hospitals │ Best Gastroenterologist in India
• Visa Approvals and Flight Arrangement
• Doctor appointment arrangement
• Accommodation facilities for co-travelers
• Free Translators – To help assist with the doctor appointments, consultations and basic needs during patient’s stay in India.
• 24*7 Support Care – To help patients with any form of medical or personal emergency.
• Free Video Consultations (Before & After the treatment) – we offer extended post return services to patients providing 2 free video and six months of free chat consultations with their gastroenterologist in India after their treatment.
• Online prescriptions and medicine delivery, if required. ”