Uzbekistan is a double landlocked, low-income country in Central Asia with a severe shortage of healthcare facilities. In truth, there is a profound imbalance in the health system in Uzbekistan when it comes to distribution of healthcare resources and personnel. In addition, there is restricted access to primary as well as emergency medical care and treatment services owing to a host of reasons including, insecurity, distance, poor economic and social conditions, cost and underperforming health care centers, to name a few. Ergo, patients from Uzbekistan are choosing to fly to countries such as India where the quality of treatment and care is beyond compare Thus, patients from Uzbekistan are opting for getting treatments in India.
Medical tourists from Uzbekistan are benefitting from the world-class treatments and pool of highly experienced doctors, surgeons and medical staff available at affordable costs. Moreover, with the introduction of simpler Indian medical visa laws and e-visa, people from Uzbekistan are flocking to India in large number.
Medical Visa from Uzbekistan to India
As a rule of thumb, one requires a valid medical visa to travel to India from Uzbekistan for meeting medical needs. To get a medical visa from Uzbekistan to India, the Indian Embassy (situated in Tashkent, Uzbekistan) has carved out a set of guidelines that include eligibility requirements, validity and extension of Visa.
Let us walk you through the requirements and other essential details regarding acquiring Indian medical visa.
Requirements for getting Indian medical visa
1. Filled and duly signed (by the passport holder) visa application form.
2. Yellow fever vaccination certificate that turns valid ten days after the inoculation
3. Confirmed return air tickets
4. Two recent passport size (37 mm x 37 mm) photographs.
5. Bank statements for the last three months( the submitted statements should be certified by the bank and must possess the applicant's name, address and telephone numbers.
6. CV/ biodata
7. Verified Uzbekistan re-entry permit
8. Passport with six months validity along with one blank page for Visa's endorsement.
9. A copy of Uzbekistan Dependent/Alien's Pass for all Non-Uzbekistan residents, currently domiciled in Uzbekistan.
10. A copy of Dependent/Aliens Pass, as evidence of residence in Uzbekistan (applicable to resident Non-Uzbekistan foreign nationals only)
11. A letter indicating details about any previous visits to India that should include the period of stay.
12. A scan of the information page of the passport along with a photocopy of the passport.
13. A copy of the passport's profile page. If the applicant is a national of two countries at the same time, then a copy of both the passports profile page is mandatory.
14. A copy of Uzbekistan's national ID. Non-Uzbeks applicant needs to submit a copy of their current Uzbekistan's visa or visa extension page.
15. Applicants who are not residents of Uzbekistan need to fill out the personal particular form.
16. Copy of reference letter from recognized medical care and treatment centers in India.
17. Copy of recommendation from home country stating that the applicant can undergo medical treatment in India.
18. A Copy of the passport of the attendant along with residential proof.
19. Applicants of Pakistan, non-residents in Uzbekistan, applicants who have Uzbekistan's ID for less than two years and nationals of China, Bangladesh, Taiwan and Nigeria need to submit another additional form.
Take a note: Medical Visa can be attained only in certain conditions that may include,
1. The first and foremost requisite for a patient to get a medical visa is that the treatment center he or she wishes to consult should have the approval of the Government of India.
2. The patient can be accompanied by at most two blood relatives; the attendant will need to apply for a medical attended Visa, which has the same validity as that of the patient’s.
3. The patient (with attendants )should have an original passport along with a photocopy that remains valid for a period of six months. Also, the foreign nationals need to carry two blank passport pages to be used for India visa stamps later on.
4. The applicant or the patient should possess valid recommendations or references from medical specialists of his or her own country for specialized treatment. Such recommendations are made on the basis of preliminary medical checkups conducted by the facility where the patient received treatment.
4. The patient should be seeking a specified nature of treatment that includes, Neurosurgery, Heart surgery, Organ transplant, Joint replacement, Gene therapy, Plastic surgery, Renal problems, Congenital disorders, Radio-Therapy and Ayurveda treatment.
Since traveling to the Indian embassy in Uzbekistan can be problematic for many, one can fill in e-Visa application from the comforts of their homes. Here are the steps involved,
Steps for filling in E-visa application form
1. Go to government registered website- https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on the regular Visa application.
2. Fill out the details in the form including the name of the country, high commission, date of birth, nationality, expected date of arrival in India and Visa type, email-ID. Following that, you will need to enter the access code and click on continue to proceed.
3. The medical e-visa form comprises of a total of 3 pages. Fill out the details of each page and click save and continue.
4. Upload your picture, or you can paste it on to a printed copy of filled application form.
5. In case of an error, click the modify or edit option to do the necessary correction.
6. After the filling in the details correctly, click on verify and continue.
7. A new window containing a set of instructions will appear. Click OK to complete the registration. In case you feel the need to modify a few details, click cancel and fill out the form from the beginning.
8. Once you click OK, again a separate window will appear that will ask you to furnish date of appointment for submission of Visa application at the Mission counter. Select the date as per your convenience and confirm.
9. After confirming the appointment, another window bearing two options namely, print or save will emerge.
10. Click the "save" button followed by "print" button to receive the hardcopy of the application form.
11. Enter your signature and submit the Visa application with the required documents as mentioned above at the Mission Counter on the date of appointment between (0900 hours – 1230 hours).
Processing fee and time:
The processing fee for medical Visa from Uzbekistan to India is USD 83 for six months and USD 123 for one year. An additional amount of USD 3 will go to the Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF).
The processing time ranges from 3 to 7 working days.
Validity of Medical Visa and Visa extension
The initial validity period of Indian medical visa is either one year or the period of treatment whichever is less. However, the period of validity of medical visa can be extended for a period of one year further in case the recovery period of the patient extends the duration of his or her stay in India.
For Visa extension, one is expected to submit a medical certificate or letter from the recognized or specialized hospital indicating details including, the name of ailment, treatment procedure and number of days for expected recovery along with necessary documents such as photocopy of the passport and the initial visa, four photographs, and residence details in India for Visa extension in the FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices). Any further extension will be approved by the Ministry of home affairs, provided the recommendations of the of the State Government/FRROs with by appropriate medical documents are available. The validity period of this visa is valid for up to three entries in a year, however, an additional entry can be allowed in case of emergency.
MedMonks, one of the most sought-after healthcare service providers in India is known for offering valuable assistance to patients with attendants from Uzbekistan along with other countries to come to Indian on Indian medical or attendant Visa at a fraction of the cost. Apart from this, our services include, providing links to best medical facility and doctors in India, round the clock medical assistance, Airport pickup and drop facility, Medical lodging, to name a few.
For More Information Connect to Indian Embassy Webpage: https://eoi.gov.in/tashkent/?2631?000
"For assistance in getting an Indian medical Visa, post your query on email@example.com. Feel free to contact our professionals through Whatsapp- +91 7683088559"