Entitlement for Medical Visa from Pakistan to India
Any national resident of Pakistan can apply for a medical visa to India if the following criteria is met:
- Medical Visa is granted to a person, whose only purpose is medical treatment, to visit another country.
- The applicant should have chosen a recognized hospital for his or her treatment.
- A maximum of two medical attendants is allowed to travel to India with the patient. These attendants can be either the patient’s family members or, his or her close friends.
- The applicant must choose from an extensive list of treatments that are eligible for granting of a medical visa. The popular treatments in this list are neurosurgery, renal disorders, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, cardiac problems, organ transplantations, congenital disorders, radiotherapy, plastic surgery and gene therapy.
Important Documents for Indian Medical Visa Application from Pakistan
- Patient’s passport, which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application and shall contain a minimum of 2 blank pages.
- A print of patient’s online application form.
- A letter of appointment from his or her concerned Indian hospital, stating name of the patient and his medical attendant and doctor. It should also include the prospect treatment procedure for the patient and the hospital’s address and contact details.
- Patient’s medical records and reports from Pakistan to indicate his or her diagnosis in Pakistan’s hospital and that he or she has been recommended a treatment in India.
- A copy of NADRA Card along with its English translation.
- Patient’s polio vaccination certificate.
- A copy of patient’s address proof, which can be his or her electricity bill, gas bill, or landline telephone bill.
- If the patient is travelling for an organ transplant, an affidavit from the organ donor is compulsory, mentioning the donor’s relationship with the patient. Attested by Pakistan Foreign Office, this affidavit should also clearly imply that the donor is making the donation solely by his or her free will. You can easily get the affidavit by clicking: https://www.india.org.pk/pdf/hpsc44.pdf
Process of Online Application of Indian Medical Visa from Pakistan
- Visit Indian Visa Online website and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Enter the essential details like your country, date of birth, nationality, high commission, e-mail ID, visa type and expected date of arrival in India.
- Enter the access code and then, click Continue.
- The online form has three pages and correct details have to be furnished in each page. As you complete each page, click Save and Continue, displayed at the bottom.
- Provide details about your occupation or profession, and your family address.
- After this, you need to enter your medical visa application details. These include details of hospitals both in Pakistan and India, purpose of visit, duration of treatment, number of entries, expected date of journey and probable time of arrival and departure. Other information required includes references and details about any SAARC country visit.
- Upload your recent picture by clicking on Upload Photo. You can also later on paste it in the printed copy in the photo box on the first page. The photograph must be exactly the same size (2x2 inch) as the box.
- On the third page, click Save and Continue. Then, thoroughly check the details showed as a preview and correct any mistake by clicking on Modify/Edit.
- If all the entered data seems fine to you, click on Verified and Continue.
- Read the instructions carefully on the newly opened window and press OK for closing registration. If you still need to modify the details, please click Cancel.
- After you click OK, a new window will appear, wherein you have to select the appointment date for submitting your visa application and then, click on Confirm the Appointment.
- You will be asked to Print or to Save. Please do not forget to save the application before you print for the form’s hard copy by clicking on Print Registered Application.
- Sign in the rectangular box just below the photo box. Repeat the signatures in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Last but not the least, you need to choose from one of the Visa Application Centres in your country to submit the form and the required documents on the appointed date. You can find the list of these Visa Application Centres and their working hours at the right margin of the application.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time and Fee
For Pakistani nationals, applying for Indian medical visa costs PKR 100, whereas for non-Pakistani nationals, this cost is PKR 8,800 for 6 months and PKR 13,200 for a year. Indian medical visa is administered within 35 days from its day of submission in Pakistan. However, if in dire need, the patient can apply for an Emergency Medical Visa in Pakistan, which is processed and delivered on the same day.
For More Information Connect to Indian Embassy Webpage:https://www.india.org.pk/pages.php?id=19
"For assistance in getting an Indian medical Visa, post your query on [email protected]. Feel free to contact our professionals through Whatsapp- +91 7683088559"