Owing to a host of reasons including, an underdeveloped healthcare system with a shortage of expert medical personnel, prevalence of a variety of diseases, poor hygiene, sanitation, grueling waiting time and treatment costs, India is becoming one of the most preferred medical destinations for Nepalese people seeking best quality medical treatments at affordable costs.
Needless to say, a resident from Nepal who is willing to come to India for getting high-end medical treatments to need to adhere to a set of guidelines that includes requirements along with the set of documents to carry, and conditions. Apart from that, people from Nepal should be aware of the medical visa's processing time, its validity and extension policies.
This section of Medmonks is clearly dedicated to providing information regarding medical Visa from Nepal to India in detail.
Go through the following to be ready with the appropriate set of documents beforehand to avoid hassles later.
Documents to carry:
The requirements with a necessary set of documents for getting medical Visa from Nepal to India have been listed below:
1. Filled and duly signed (by the passport holder) visa application form.
2. Yellow fever vaccination certificate that turns valid ten days after the inoculation
3. Confirmed return air tickets
4. Two recent passport size (37 mm x 37 mm) photographs.
5. Bank statements for the last three months( the submitted statements should be certified by the bank and must possess the applicant's name, address and telephone numbers.
6. CV/ Biodata
7. Verified Nepal re-entry permit
8. Passport with six months validity along with one blank page for Visa's endorsement.
9. A copy of Nepal Dependent/Alien's Pass for all Non-Nepal residents, currently domiciled in Nepal.
10. A copy of Dependent/Aliens Pass, as evidence of residence in Nepal(applicable to resident Non-Nepal foreign nationals only)
11. A letter indicating details about any previous visits to India that should include the period of stay.
12. A scan of the information page of the passport along with a photocopy of the passport.
13. A copy of the passport's profile page. If the applicant is a national of two countries at the same time, then a copy of both the passports profile page is mandatory.
14. A copy of Nepal's national ID. Non-Nepalese applicant needs to submit a copy of their current Nepal's visa or visa extension page.
15. Applicants who are not residents of Nepal need to fill out the personal particular form.
16. Copy of reference letter from recognized medical care and treatment centers in India.
17. Copy of recommendation from home country stating that the applicant can undergo medical treatment in India.
18. A Copy of the passport of the attendant along with residential proof.
19. Applicants of Pakistan, non-residents in Nepal, applicants who have Nepal's ID for less than two years and nationals of China, Bangladesh, Taiwan and Nigeria need to submit another additional form.
Apart from the requirements, people from Nepal should fulfil the following set of criteria,
List of conditions to be met:
The patient coming to India from Nepal should abide by following the set of conditions:
1. The first and foremost requisite for a patient to get a medical visa is that the treatment centre he or she wishes to consult should have the approval of the Government of India.
2. The patient can be accompanied by at most two blood relatives; the attendant will need to apply for a medical attended Visa, which has the same validity as that of the patient’s.
3. The patient (with attendants) should have an original passport along with a photocopy that remains valid for a period of six months. Also, the foreign nationals need to carry two blank passport pages to be used for India visa stamps later on.
4. The applicant or the patient should possess valid recommendations or references from medical specialists of his or her own country for specialized treatment. Such recommendations are made on the basis of preliminary medical checkups conducted by the facility where the patient received treatment.
5. The patient should be seeking a specified nature of treatment that includes, Neurosurgery, Heart surgery, Organ transplant, Joint replacement, Gene therapy, Plastic surgery, Renal problems, Congenital disorders, Radio-Therapy and Ayurveda treatment.
Steps of filling of e-Visa application form:
Since travelling to the Indian embassy in Nepal can be problematic for many, one can fill in the e-Visa application from the comforts of their homes. Here are the steps involved,
1. Go to government registered website- https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on the regular Visa application.
2. Fill out the details in the form including the name of the country, high commission, date of birth, nationality, expected date of arrival in India and Visa type, email-ID. Following that, you will need to enter the access code and click on continue to proceed.
3. The medical e-visa form comprises of a total of 3 pages. Fill out the details of each page and click save and continue.
4. Upload your picture, or you can paste it on to a printed copy of filled application form.
5. In case of an error, click the modify or edit option to do the necessary correction.
6. After the filling in the details correctly, click on verify and continue.
7. A new window containing a set of instructions will appear. Click OK to complete the registration. In case you feel the need to modify a few details, click cancel and fill out the form from the beginning.
8. Once you click OK, again a separate window will appear that will ask you to furnish date of appointment for submission of Visa application at the Mission counter. Select the date as per your convenience and confirm.
9. After confirming the appointment, another window bearing two options namely, print or save will emerge.
10. Click the "save" button followed by "print" button to receive the hard copy of the application form.
11. Enter your signature and submit the Visa application with the required documents as mentioned above at the Mission Counter on the date of appointment between (0900 hours – 1230 hours).
Processing fee of getting a medical visa from Nepal to India:
The processing fee for medical Visa and the medical attendant visa from Nepal to India is Rs. 8,610- valid up to 6 months/ single or Multiple entries. For more than six months validity (up to one year), the processing costs can go up to Rs. 12,750.
Medical Visa from Nepal to India Processing Time:
The processing time of Medical Visa from Nepal to India ranges from 7 to 10 working days or more that depends on the Visa regulations.
Delivery of passports affixed with visas can be collected the following day of submission of the original passport from the counter of the Indian Visa Service Centre (IVSC) located in Kathmandu between 1500 hrs to 1700 hrs on all working days.
The validity of Medical Visa and Visa Extension Policies:
The initial validity period of Indian medical visa is either one year or the period of treatment whichever is less. However, the period of validity of medical visa can be extended for a period of one year further in case the recovery period of the patient extends the duration of his or her stay in India.
For Visa extension, one is expected to submit a medical certificate or letter from the recognized or specialized hospital indicating details including, the name of ailment, treatment procedure and number of days for expected recovery along with necessary documents such as photocopy of the passport and the initial visa, four photographs, and residence details in India for Visa extension in the FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices). The Ministry of home affairs will approve any further extension, provided the recommendations of the of the State Government/FRROs with by appropriate medical documents are available. The validity period of this visa is valid for up to three entries in a year. However, an additional entry can be allowed in case of an emergency.
Why opt for Medmonks?
With all the documents and conditions fulfilled as mentioned above, Medmonks can help you obtain medical Visa from Nepal to India under easy sail.
We offer end-to-end assistance and leave no stone unturned to make medical travel to India smoother than ever before.
With our highly adept and experienced team of medical counsellors and collaboration with top-notch medical care and treatment facilities along with widely acclaimed doctors and surgeons in India, people from Nepal can gain the access to the quality medical treatments that match the International standards.
For More Information Connect to Indian Embassy Webpage.http://www.indembkathmandu.gov.in/page/visa
"For assistance in getting an Indian medical Visa, post your query on [email protected]. Feel free to contact our professionals through Whatsapp- +91 7683088559"