India is the preferred destination for medical tourists with world-class hospitals and doctors in India. The cancer hospitals have the best oncologist in India who charge just a small amount compared to what the developed nations charge for the treatment. The best oncologists in India help the patient remain calm and motivated throughout the surgery. Some of the best oncologists in India are-
1. Dr Prof. K S Gopinath, Surgical oncologist, Ambuja Healthcare, Bangalore- He is known for his pioneering work on oncological research. He is the beneficiary of the Dr B. C. Roy Award and considered to be the best oncologist in India.
2. Dr Sanjay Sharma, Senior Consultant- senior oncology, Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai- Dr Sanjay Sharma has special expertise in malignancy of the breast, thorax and IORT (Intraoperative Radiotherapy). He has been a teacher for M Ch (Surgical Oncology) examinations and has many research projects and papers published in local and international journals.
3. Dr R K Deshpande, Chief of thoracic surgical oncology, Asian Institute of Oncology(S L Raheja Hospital, Mumbai)- Dr Ramakant (Raman) Deshpande is presently the Chief of Thoracic Surgical Oncology at the Asian Institute of Oncology (at Somaiya Ayurvihar Sion Mumbai). Formerly he was at the Tata Memorial Hospital as the Chief of Thoracic Services till 2002.
4. Dr Rajesh Mistry, Director- Oncology & Consultant Surgical Oncology (Thoracic and head/neck Oncology), Kokilaben hospital- D Rajesh Mistry has trained several surgical residents and has been a teacher for MCh (surgical oncology). He has demonstrated live surgeries in the surgical workshop and given several invited lectures and oration.
5. Dr Arun Behl, Senior consultant Surgical Oncologist, Fortis Hospital, Mumbai- Dr Arun Behl has an experience base of performing the whole spectrum of Surgeries in Oncology involving the Head & Neck, Gastro-Intestinal, Genitourinary, Breast, Thoracic and Soft tissue malignancies.
These best oncologist in India provide the highest quality of medical care to patients at an affordable cost of treatment. The best oncologist in India provides for cancer treatment of all major types including Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Lymphoma, Kidney Cancer, Melanoma, Oral and Oropharyngeal Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, and Thyroid Cancer.
The cost of oncology treatment in India is amongst the lowest in the world while the standard of medical facilities and amenities is at par if not better than the western countries. If we make a comparison, the cost of cancer treatment in India is nearly 50-70 percent cheaper than the treatment cost in countries like the US and the UK. For example, the cost of breast cancer surgery in India starts from $2900 which is nearly 70 percent less than its cost in the US.