- IVF Infertility Treatment in India
- Eye Surgery in India
- Cosmetic Surgery India
- Knee Replacement in India
- Heart Surgery India
- Kidney Transplant in India
- Liver Transplant in India
- Prostate Cancer Treatment in India
- Spine Surgery in India
- Neurosurgery in India
- Brain Tumor Treatment in India
- Cochlear Implant Surgery in India
- Weight Loss Surgery in India
- Hip Replacement Surgery in India
- Orthopedic Surgery in India
- Bone Marrow Transplant in India
- Blood Cancer Treatment in India
- Gastric bypass Surgery in India
- Stomach Cancer Treatment in India
- Liver Cancer Treatment in India
- Colon Cancer Treatment in India
- Breast Cancer Treatment in India
- Lung Cancer Treatment in India
Neuro Surgery in India
Neurosurgery is a medical discipline concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of nervous system disorders. Neurosurgery is often referred to as brain surgery, however, it’s much more than just the brain. The medical specialty deals with all kinds of neurological disorders including brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and extra-cranial cerebrovascular system.
What is Nervous system?
The nervous system is a highly complex, specialized network inside human body that organizes, elucidates, and directs human interactions with the world outside. The nervous system is primarily responsible for functions like:
- Five senses of seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, and feeling
- Besides regulating things like blood flow and blood pressure, nervous system is also responsible for voluntary and involuntary functions, such as movement, balance, and coordination.
- The ability to think and reason.
The nervous system is divided into the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system, or CNS) and the nerve cells that control voluntary and involuntary movements (peripheral nervous system, or PNS).
A physician who specializes in neurosurgery is neurosurgeon. Neurosurgeons treat patients suffering from back and neck pain, spinal arthritis, herniated discs as well as a host of other disorders ranging from trigeminal neuralgia to head injury and Parkinson's disease.
Neurosurgery treatment in India has considered amongst the best in the world thanks to top-class neurosurgeons who are trained at the best medical schools and have wide experience in handling various kinds of neurosurgery in India. Choosing the best and widely experienced neurosurgeon ensures minimum complications after treatments and much less stress for the patient and the family.
Neurosurgeons in India usually deal with the surgical treatment of the following:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Brain tumors
- Brain aneurysms
- Brain hemorrhage
- Spine arthritis
- Erniated spinal discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal fractures
- Head injuries
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Spinal cord injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Acute and chronic pain
- artery blockages in the neck and brain
- Pain caused by cancer
- Parkinson’s disease
The causes of neurological disorder may be quite diverse. Both the spinal cord and the brain are insulated by numerous membranes that can be vulnerable to force and pressure. This also includes peripheral nerves that are located deep under the skin. Neurological disorders can affect an entire neurological pathway or a single neuron. Even a small disturbance to a neuron’s structural pathway can result in dysfunction. As a result, neurological disorders can result from a number of causes, including:
- Lifestyle related issues
- Nutrition related issues
- Physical injuries
- Environmental influences
Symptoms of Neurological Disorders
Symptoms of neurological disorders may be mild or severe depending upon which part of the nervous system is involved and what is the root cause of the problem. Nervous system disorders may happen slowly with gradual loss of function or it may be a sudden occurrence that becomes life-threatening.
Some of the symptoms of acute neurological problems and diseases include:
- Numbness, weakness, or problem in movement of a part or all of one side of the body
- Blurring, haziness, double vision, or loss of vision in one or both eyes.
- Speech issues like trouble talking, or trouble understanding or complete loss of speech,.
- Severe headache.
- Dizziness, unsteadiness
- Persistent confusion in understanding things or a change in behavior.
Neurosurgery Treatment in India
The main procedures under Neurosurgery treatment in India include:
- Minimally invasive spine surgery: Minimally invasive spine surgery involves a small incision and use of advanced computer technology and specialized instruments to repair back and spine conditions. In microscopic surgery, minimally invasive techniques are combined with highly advanced, cutting-edge surgical microscopes to access even the most delicate areas with precision.
Minimally invasive surgery is one of the best Neurosurgery treatment in India that offers patients:
- Faster recovery
- Less chance of infection
- Reduced blood loss
- Minimal scarring
- Faster return to your regular lifestyle
- Microdiscectomy: Probably the most popular neurosurgery in India, a microdiscetomy is performed to treat patients with painful herniated discs in the lumbar region.
- Spinal nerve decompression: In nerve decompression surgery, the neurosurgeon relieves the pressure on the nerve caused by a neuroma by making tunnels around it. This way, despite being still swollen, there is no pressure on the nerve from surrounding parts in your body, helping the nerve to start working normally again.
Patients suffering from numbness, pain, or functional loss from entrapped nerve, who have not found relief through other neurosurgery may consider nerve decompression surgery. It is important to note that most patients need to undergo repeat neurosensory testing 1-3 months after surgery. This helps to know if the nerves are repairing properly and if function is improving. People with diabetes must undergo neurosensory testing every year to detect possible new nerve damage and keep in check existing nerve damage.
- Spinal fusion: There are different types of Spinal fusion neurosurgery such as lumbar spinal fusion, cervical spinal fusion. Though each surgery is different depending on the disease or condition being treated, the main aim is to reduce the pain caused by the joints.
- Craniotomy for brain tumor: A craniotomy is an opening of the skull used in many types of procedures, including brain tumor removal, blood vessel disease surgeries, removal of traumatic hematomas, and epilepsy surgeries. In this surgical procedure, usually the bone is reserved to be fixed into place later on at the end of the surgical procedure.
- Laminectomy: A minimally invasive neurosurgery treatment in India, a laminectomy requires only small incisions in the skin that are used to access and remove a part of the vertebral bone called the lamina. Also known as decompression surgery, this neurosurgery treatment in India is quite common for people with severe chronic back pain.
- Pituitary tumor surgery: Pituitary tumor surgery is the treatment of tumors of the pituitary gland. In most cases, pituitary adenomas are benign and are easily cured by surgical means without much affecting the normal gland.
- Trigeminal neuralgia surgery: Trigeminal neuralgia surgery is performed to cure disorder of a trigeminal nerve at the side of the head. In this condition, patient suffers from intense, stabbing pain in the lips, eyes, nose, scalp, forehead and jaw. Though the first treatment for trigeminal neuralgia is usually drug therapy, however, for some patients, it doesn’t work out and doctors go for surgically damaging nerve that is causing the pain.
- Ventriculostomy: Ventriculostomy is a neurosurgical treatment in India in which surgeon creates a hole within a cerebral ventricle for drainage. There are two ways of drainage. When catheter drainage is temporary, it is commonly referred to as an external ventricular drain, or EVD. And when the drainage is permanent, it is called a shunt.
Prevention of Neurological Disorders
While one cannot do much about unforeseen accidents and injuries to nervous system, there surely are certain ways by which one can keep one's body and nervous system healthy.
- Physical exercises- Some form of physical exercise is a must for a healthy body and nervous system.
- Keep check on conditions like Diabetes and high blood pressure that can have adverse effect on the nervous system functioning.
- Avoid smoking and other tobacco products.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet with ample sources of minerals and vitamins like B6, B12, and folate that will help protect the nervous system.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids to keep yourself hydrated.
- Limit use of nonprescription medicines as overuse of medicines could often be the biggest cause of nervous system problems in older adults.
Best Neuro Surgeons in India
Indian neurosurgeons are world renowned for providing best operative and non-operative management and medical care to patients with neurological disorders. The best surgeons for neuro surgery combine personalized care with leading-edge research and technology to provide you with unparalleled neurological care.
The top surgeons for neurosurgery in India are highly qualified and have many years of experience in treating nervous system disorders. They are recognised nationally and internationally for their surgical technical excellence and innovative abilities to perform both simple and challenging operations.
Indian hospitals provide comprehensive, exceptional neurological care to every patient. From accurate diagnosis to development of a personalised treatment plan and thorough post-operative follow-up, Indian doctors and surgeons work hard to ensure you have the best possible outcome. And all this is done at a very affordable cost.
Best Neurosurgery Hospitals in India
Private healthcare hospitals in India are world renowned for their quality of health care and economical pricing. Certain neurosurgery hospitals go even a step ahead to assist their international patients. Some of these names include Max Healthcare, Manipal Hospitals, Fortis Healthcare, BLK, Rockland, Spectra, Artemis, Medanta, Metro Hospitals, Columbia Asia, Nanavati hospital etc., all of which have dedicated departments for neurosurgery treatment in India.
The Best hospitals for Neurosurgery in India use cutting-edge technology with minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat some of the most complex disorders and diseases of the central nervous system, including tumors, stroke, and aneurysms.
Widely experienced doctors complemented by state of the art technology means better diagnosis and better treatment giving patients complete cure for their disorders.
eurosurgeries are amongst the most complex and rigorous medical procedures. Basic neurosurgeries in India are provided at more than 2000 hospitals and the more complex ones are performed at around 200 super specialty neurosurgery hospitals. When we look at the cost of neurosurgery treatment in India, it comes out to be a fraction of what such treatments cost in western countries like the US, UK, Germany or other European countries.
For example, cost for Microdiscectomy neurosurgery in India starts from USD 4500 which is nearly 60 percent less than the cost in the US. Similarly, Laminectomy cost in India also starts from USD 4500 which is just 1/4th of what it costs in the US or UK.
The neurosurgery hospitals have the latest equipment, highly experienced neurosurgeons and extremely strong support teams as well. A large number of neurosurgeries in India enables Indian hospitals to offer low-cost neurosurgery in India.