Patients who wish to seek medical treatment in India require a visa. One can apply for a medical visa to India at the Indian Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh. There are few guidelines formulated by the Embassy for getting a medical visa.
Eligibility criteria for Medical Visa from Bangladesh to India
A medical visa is granted to only those patients who are travelling to India for a medical purpose and wish to seek treatment in a reputed healthcare facility in India. 2 close acquaintances are allowed to accompany the patient.
What all documents are required for getting a medical visa to India?
• The first step is filling up of the application form, which should diligently have passport holder’s signatures and the signature must match with that in the passport otherwise the holder must sign in the presence of the Visa Officer.
• Proof of relationship with the acquaintances accompanying the applicant to India should be
• An enclosure of a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, the validation of which takes ten days after the inoculation.
• Copy of confirmed air tickets to India and return to the homeland.
• Two recent clear passport size (37 mm x 37 mm) coloured photographs. One picture must be affixed in the space provided in the Visa application form, and the other one should be given along with the application form.
• Candidates must enclose a valid Bangladesh Re-Entry Permit or permit for an onward destination on the passport.
• Copy of a national passport, reflecting the validity of 6 months with one full blank page for endorsement of Visa.
• A letterhead from the recognised hospital in India, reflecting details of the medical condition of the patient.
• Indian hospital authorities must e-mail the recommended letter to the High Commission.
• All Non-Bangladesh domiciled in Bangladesh must submit a copy of Bangladesh Dependent/Alien's Pass.
• Proof of residency in Bangladesh, for which a Copy of Dependent/Aliens Pass has to be submitted.
• Evidence of employment, for which certificate from the employer must be enclosed. Students must enclose a copy of identity card of the educational institution.
• Evidence of Financial Soundness: Applicants must enclose a copy of international credit card or bank statement of the last three months, reflecting sufficient balance to travel and seek treatment.
• The candidate should be present in Bangladesh while the application for the visa is underway.
What are the conditions under which a medical visa is issued?
The visa is granted only when the Indian Missions have closely analysed the medical documents and are convinced as to why a medical visa is being requested. A medical visa is granted to patients primarily for ailments like ophthalmic disorders; neurological disorders; cardiac-related problems; renal disorders; solid organ transplantations; cosmetic surgery; joint replacement etc.
The validity of Visa and Extension
Medical visa to India is initially granted for one year but can be extended by State Government/FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices) to one more year. It is mandatory for patients to enclose medical certificate or a recommendation from the concerned hospital.
If there is any further extension, then it will be handled by the Ministry of Home Affairs only after the recommendations of the State Government or FRROs.
FRRO contact details- Click Here
Documents that are required for FRRO registration are as follows:
• Application form.
• Photocopy of the passport and the initial visa.
• Applicant’s four passport size coloured photographs.
• Residential details of India.
What is the medical visa processing fee?
There is no Visa fee for citizens of Bangladesh. A cost of 600 – 700 Taka (7 $ – 9$) is incurred for a medical visa which is processed by the State Bank of India, and must be submitted at IVAC.
The Indian Visa Services regarding processing of visa applications and delivery are outsourced to Indian Visa Application Centres (IVACs). These centres are full controlled by the State Bank of India.
IVACs in Bangladesh
• Gulshan, Uttara, Motijheel and Dhanmondi in Dhaka
How many days does it take to process the medical visa to India?
The minimum processing time for medical visa application is 5 to 10 days.
Important Contact Details
Indian Embassy in Bangladesh
High Commission of India in Dhaka
House No. 2,
Tel: 9889339; 9888789
Bangladesh Embassy in India
High Commission of Bangladesh in New Delhi
EP-39, Dr.Radhakrishana Marg
Tel: +91-11-2412-1389; +91-11-2412-1394
Fax: +91-11-2687-8953; +91-11-2687-8955
Medical Visa Assistance
For any medical visa assistance, feel free and get in touch with MedMonks. Post your query at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will walk you through the entire procedure and help you get a medical visa.
HELP DESK INFORMATION
Call or WhatsApp: +91-7683088559
Email ID: email@example.com
For More Information Connect to Indian Embassy Webpage: Click Here