Cardiologist in India
1. How do I know who the right heart doctor is for me? Is the heart doctor board certified? In what field? – “How do I study a doctor’s profile”?
Finding the right heart doctor is important, however, considering a few factors prior to choosing one will help you make an informed decision. Here are the factors :
1. The cardiologists should hold specialization from a reputable healthcare association. They must earn degrees such as MBBS, MD or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO). Top-notch cardiologists have received a fellowship of two to three years from reputable institutes of International stature in a variety of specializations, such as cardiovascular diseases, interventional cardiology and heart failure.
2. Next, one must make sure to take the cardiologist's experience in mind. Also, there are other factors that one must pay heed to prior to selecting a cardiologist that includes:
a. Make sure to go through the reviews and patient testimonies to determine whether the chosen eye doctor is able to deal with cases of patients suffering from eye complexities of various severity.
b. Also, the eye doctor must have prior certification from the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Probe into career profiles, highlights and qualifications of the best cardiologist in India on our website and choose the best.
2. What is the difference between a cardiac surgeon and a cardiologist?
Cardiologists diagnose and offer treatment to people with heart and blood vessel diseases. In case the diagnosis indicates the need for surgery, the patient is referred to a cardiac or cardiothoracic surgeon.
Cardiologists offer state-of-the-heart care to patients and employ diagnostic methods including, biopsies, stress tests, monitors and echocardiograms to detect and cure heart and coronary artery conditions, congenital heart defects, abnormal heart rhythms and more.
Cardiologists refer patients to cardiac surgeons if the patient needs surgery. Cardiac surgeons carry out complex bypasses, heart transplants, repair heart valves, defects and aneurysms.
2. What are the special interests/procedures that some of these doctors are performing?
In an effort to resolve the various heart-related issues of a patient, top-notch cardiologists in India employ a bountiful of heart surgical techniques to treat individuals suffering from a variety of heart disorders. Find a brief description of heart surgeries below
1. Ablation: Arrhythmias, otherwise known as palpitations, can be either treated with medications or by catheter ablation by a cardiologist. In this procedure, the doctor operates by creating small scars in some of the cells of the patient's heart. Such scarred cells form a barrier for the electricity in the heart of the patient that allows the electric impulses to travel on the right path. Cardiologists use catheter ablation to cure arrhythmia completely so that patients do not have to rely on medications.
2. Angioplasty: Due to plaque deposition, coronary arteries become narrowed or blocked which in turn does not allow the heart to get all the blood it requires. Cardiologists can perform angioplasty and stenting to eliminate the blockage in the arteries, restoring the blood supply to the heart.
3. Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG): Performed on an individual with a severe coronary artery disease (CAD), CABG is one of the most commonly performed heart surgeries in India. In this procedure, a surgeon normally takes an artery or a vein from the leg, chest or any other patient's body part and connects them with the blocked artery. After the completion of this procedure, blockage formed, as a result of the fatty material referred to a Plaque in the coronary arteries, can be bypassed.
4. Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TLR): Carried out to treat angina, this procedure is the last option of a surgeon when all the other procedures have failed. The surgeon executing this surgical process uses laser technology to create channels in the heart muscle. These channels, in turn, allow the blood to flow directly from the heart chambers into the heart muscle without any difficulty.
5. Valve Repair /Replacement: Valve repair is carried out to operate closed leaflets. Surgeons replace the ales with the healthy vales that comprise human, animal tissue or any man-made substance.
6. Aneurysm Repair: In the medical terminology, an aneurysm refers to abnormal bulging of the heart muscle or in the artery walls. Over the course of time, the aneurysm can even burst that causes bleeding in the body. This may increase the risk of a heart attack too. To treat this condition, replace the weaker sections of the artery with a graft via surgical intervention.
7. Heart Transplant: This surgical procedure intends to substitute the abnormally functioning heart with a healthy one.
Apart from the techniques mentioned above, cardiologists can use procedures including, Implantable Defibrillator, Pacemakers, Patent Foramen Ovale Repair, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and Ventricular Assist Device
After a detailed diagnosis, surgeons advise one of the above surgical procedures to cure heart-related problems once in for all.
To know more about the procedures, traverse through our exquisite blog section.
3. On selecting the cardiologist, how do we book the appointments? Can I video consult with him/her before arriving?
Once the patient or the respective family member has selected the cardiologist of their choice, our dedicated professionals will schedule an appointment right away. Also, if the patient wants to speak to a cardiologist personally, we can arrange a video consultation wherein the problems, concerns and the treatment plan can be discussed in detail.
4. What happens during a typical cardiologist consult?
During the first visit, the patient can expect the following:
1. The operating cardiologist will take a closer look at the patient's medical history and assess the risk factors of coronary artery disease.
2. The patient should carry his or her recently performed test results and the list of medications. This will help the cardiologist to assess the condition closely.
3. In order to evaluate the condition better, the operating cardiologist may perform a series of diagnostic screening tests or procedures that may include,
• Blood tests
• Stress (or treadmill) test
• Nuclear stress test or echo stress test
• Computed tomography (CT) scan
• Positron emission tomography (PET) scan or magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) scan
• Coronary angiogram
When the evaluations end, the chosen cardiologist will discuss each and every detail with the patient and will create a treatment plan accordingly.
5. If I do not like the opinion given by the doctor, can I get a second opinion?
Whether the patient finds his or her doctor's opinion incomplete or unsatisfactory the first time, he or she is free to seek a second opinion. Professionals working with Medmonks will help you get the second opinion from the respective doctor without any hassles at all.
6. How do I stay in touch with my doctor after the cardiac treatment (follow-up care)?
Cardiac treatments call for good follow-up care plan in order to ensure faster recovery. Our professionals will help you get in touch with the cardiologist either via telephone or video call. Patients are free to share their concerns or put their queries forward regarding post-operation care to the respective cardiologist.
7. How does the cost of consulting and getting treatment from a cardiologist varies?
The cost involved in diagnosing and treating a patient with cardiac issues rests on a multitude of factors such as:
• The type of procedure used- Every procedure has a different cost. The cost will differ on the basis of the type of procedure used by the cardiologist or cardiac surgeon.
• Patient's age along with their health condition- Age plays a significant role in deciding which kind of treatment will be offered to the patient which in turn will affect the cost. Also, the patient's health condition is a crucial aspect that will impact the cost in a substantial manner.
• Choice of the cardiologist -The fee charged by the team of operating doctors including the cardiologist, cardiac surgeons, anesthetists etc. affect the overall costs of the treatment.
• The occurrence of complications during or after the surgery if any- The rise of complications after the treatment is a possibility. This will decide the patient's hospital stay and whether they will require additional medications or not.
• The type of hospital opted by the patient- The cost of treatment in facilities located in metropolitan cities is comparatively higher than those in other areas. Hence, the patient's choice of hospital will determine their overall treatment cost.
• Type of room chosen by the patient- The cost of the treatment greatly depends on the type of room chosen by the patient- Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room etc. In this, additional charges such as the cost of the room, nursing fee, cost of meals, and room service must also be included. Hence, patients ought to choose the room that meets their budget requirements completely.
• Medications prescribed, before, during and after the surgery- The cost of the medicines prescribed by the surgeon or the doctor should also be included.
• List of Standard test and diagnostic procedures used- No doubt, a cardiologist will advise the patient to undergo a set of diagnostic and screening procedures as mentioned above; it will help the doctor to evaluate the condition closely. The cost of each of the diagnostic method is different which should be taken into account to evaluate the final figure.
• Duration of Hospital stay- Hospital stay is one of the other major contributing factors of the treatment that will determine the cost of the overall procedure. In case, a complication arises, the patient will be asked to remain under supervision for an extended period. This will increase the cost further.
9. Where can patients find the best cardiac treatment hospitals in India?
India comprises some of the best and highly-regarded cardiac treatment hospitals that specialize in providing a wide range of cardiac treatments at a fraction of the cost. Patients pursuing such treatments mostly are foreign residents who travel to India to seek heart treatments.
Such hospitals are present in each and every part of the country, however, we will advise you to pick the cardiac care and treatment units located in metropolitan cities such as Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai. These healthcare units not only have world-class infrastructure and access to supreme-quality medical instruments, but these hospitals are manned by best surgical minds who perform surgeries at affordable costs.
For more information, visit our website now!
10. Why select Medmonks?
With a bountiful of heart surgeons working in India's premium parts such as Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, and more, the pathway to finding the best is a mammoth task. However, with the professional and end-to-end assistance of a leading medical travel company such as Medmonks, looking out for top-grade heart surgeons and top-notch cardiac health care facilities does not remain a challenge. Medmonks is responsible for helping patients from abroad to seek quality and affordable heart treatment units and surgeons in India. Managed by highly educated and experienced team of doctors, Medmonks helps to get in touch with best heart surgeons in India. Also, we offer patients a variety of cost-effective packages that help patients seek quality cardiac care with minimal costs involved.
Our experienced professionals have assisted millions of patients across the world to help them receive best-quality medical treatments from the top-of-the-line doctors as well as surgeons till date. The difficulties faced by the foreign patients in receiving the treatments in India is eliminated on consulting Medmonks. Due to high efficiency, small turn-around time and zero patient waiting time and end-to-end support of our professionals, Medmonks has become the leading healthcare provider company in the country. Our services include best-priced packages, free on ground services such as helping patients to get a visa, flight tickets, accommodation and hospital appointments, free translation services to remove the language barrier if any, and free follow-up care to patients, local and International both.
Book your appointment with the best cardiologist today!