India is home to some of the best hospitals and medical facilities and esteemed health professionals, popular for performing complex procedures on International patients at a fraction of the cost.
For people from Ethiopia who are planning to come to India in order to seek high-end medical treatments need a medical Visa. Also, in order to get an Indian medical visa, Ethiopian applicants ought to fulfill a set of requirements, conditions and other details like processing fee, processing time etc. as mentioned below,
List of documents one needs to submit to get a medical Visa from Ethiopia to India
The Indian immigration authority asks the applicant to submit the following set of documents:
1. Filled and duly signed (by the passport holder) visa application form.
2. Oral polio and Yellow fever vaccination certificate that turns valid ten days after the inoculation
3. Confirmed return air tickets
4. Two recent passport size (37 mm x 37 mm) photographs.
5. Bank statements for the last three months( the submitted statements should be certified by the bank and must possess the applicant's name, address and telephone numbers.
6. CV/ Biodata
7. Verified Ethiopia re-entry permit
8. Passport with six months validity along with one blank page for Visa's endorsement.
9. A copy of Ethiopia Dependent/Alien's Pass for all Non-Ethiopia residents, currently domiciled in Ethiopia.
10. A copy of Dependent/Aliens Pass, as evidence of residence in Ethiopia (applicable to resident Non-Ethiopia foreign nationals only)
11. A letter indicating details about any previous visits to India that should include the period of stay.
12. A scan of the information page of the passport along with a photocopy of the passport.
13. A copy of the passport's profile page. If the applicant is a national of two countries at the same time, then a copy of both the passports profile page is mandatory.
14. A copy of Ethiopia's national ID. Non-Ethiopian applicant needs to submit a copy of their current Ethiopia's visa or visa extension page.
15. Applicants who are not residents of Ethiopia need to fill out the personal particular form.
16. Copy of reference letter from recognized medical care and treatment centers in India.
17. Copy of recommendation from home country stating that the applicant can undergo medical treatment in India.
18. A Copy of the passport of the attendant along with residential proof.
19. Applicants of Pakistan, non-residents in Ethiopia , applicants who have Ethiopia's ID for less than two years and nationals of China, Bangladesh, Taiwan and Nigeria need to submit another additional form.
List of conditions to be met by applicants from Ethiopia seeking an Indian medical visa:
The patient coming to India from Ethiopia should abide by following the set of conditions:
1. The first and foremost requisite for a patient to get a medical visa is that the treatment center he or she wishes to consult should have the approval of the Government of India.
2. The patient can be accompanied by at most two blood relatives; the attendant will need to apply for a medical attended Visa, which has the same validity as that of the patient’s.
3. The patient (with attendants) should have an original passport along with a photocopy that remains valid for a period of six months. Also, the foreign nationals need to carry two blank passport pages to be used for India visa stamps later on.
4. The applicant or the patient should possess valid recommendations or references from medical specialists of his or her own country for specialized treatment. Such recommendations are made on the basis of preliminary medical checkups conducted by the facility where the patient received treatment.
5. The patient should be seeking a specified nature of treatment that includes, Neurosurgery, Heart surgery, Organ transplant, Joint replacement, Gene therapy, Plastic surgery, Renal problems, Congenital disorders, Radio-Therapy and Ayurveda treatment.
Steps of filling of e-Visa application form:
Since traveling to the Indian embassy in Ethiopia can be problematic for many, one can fill in the e-Visa application from the comforts of their homes. Here are the steps involved,
1. Go to government registered website- https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on the regular Visa application.
2. Fill out the details in the form including the name of the country, high commission, date of birth, nationality, expected date of arrival in India and Visa type, email-ID. Following that, you will need to enter the access code and click on continue to proceed.
3. The medical e-visa form comprises of a total of 3 pages. Fill out the details of each page and click save and continue.
4. Upload your picture, or you can paste it on to a printed copy of filled application form.
5. In case of an error, click the modify or edit option to do the necessary correction.
6. After the filling in the details correctly, click on verify and continue.
7. A new window containing a set of instructions will appear. Click OK to complete the registration. In case you feel the need to modify a few details, click cancel and fill out the form from the beginning.
8. Once you click OK, again a separate window will appear that will ask you to furnish date of appointment for submission of Visa application at the Mission counter. Select the date as per your convenience and confirm.
9. After confirming the appointment, another window bearing two options namely, print or save will emerge.
10. Click the "save" button followed by "print" button to receive the hardcopy of the application form.
11. Enter your signature and submit the Visa application with the required documents as mentioned above at the Mission Counter on the date of appointment between (0900 hours – 1230 hours).
Processing fee for getting a medical visa from Ethiopia to India:
The processing fee for medical Visa and the medical attendant visa from Ethiopia to India is USD 92 (2103 Birr) that remains valid for six months. In order to increase the validity period to one year, Ethiopian applicant need to pay an amount of USD 132 (3017 Birr). The fee has to be submitted at the Embassy counter in cash (Birr). Online transactions are not allowed.
Validity period of Medical Visa and Visa Extension Policies
The initial validity period of Indian medical visa is either one year or the period of treatment whichever is less. However, the period of validity of medical visa can be extended for a period of one year further in case the recovery period of the patient extends the duration of his or her stay in India.
For Visa extension, one is expected to submit a medical certificate or letter from the recognized or specialized hospital indicating details including, the name of ailment, treatment procedure and number of days for expected recovery along with necessary documents such as photocopy of the passport and the initial visa, four photographs, and residence details in India for Visa extension in the FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices). The Ministry of home affairs will approve any further extension, provided the recommendations of the of the State Government/FRROs with by appropriate medical documents are available. The validity period of this visa is valid for up to three entries in a year. However, an additional entry can be allowed in case of emergency.
Medical travel on a tourist visa:
People from Ethiopia can plan their medical travel to India on a tourist visa provided the stay extends for a short period of time. To get an e-tourist visa from Ethiopia to India, one needs to furnish the following set of documents that include,
1. A scanned copy (PDF-size 10 KB to 300 KB) of the passport's first page
2. A digital photograph. The dimensions should be:
• Size: 10 KB to 1 MB
• Height and width should be the same
• The photograph should possess the candidate's full face, front view, open eyes.
• Pain light colored or white background
• No shadows or borders.
Plan your medical journey with us now!
In order to make the process of getting Indian medical Visa, our highly experienced and professional team of medical counselors provide valuable end-to-assistance to people from Ethiopia at free of cost.
MedMonks, the leading healthcare provider in India has dedicated it's experience and expertise to cater to international patients in collaboration with the best medical facilities and health professionals that include doctors and surgeons in India. Our main objective is to allow people from myriad nationalities to seek best quality medical treatment and care at affordable cost.
In addition, our professionals can offer a wide range of services including, round the clock medical assistance, airport pickup and drop facility, medical lodging, etc.
For More Information Connect to Indian Embassy Webpage: http://indembassyeth.in/category/consular-services/visa-services
"For assistance in getting an Indian medical Visa, post your query on [email protected] Feel free to contact our professionals through Whatsapp- +91 7683088559"