When Weight Loss Prescription is the only Remedy
Obese at 17? Every obese youngster has a heartbreaking tale of their overweight days when some of them were being mocked at, and some had to go through a gloomy and dark phase. Weight loss treatment in India is revolutionised, involving weight shedding programs, special diet plans, fitness books, or medications. Weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery becomes inevitable for patients who are obese and diets and other weight loss programs fail.
There have been many cases where obesity has been associated with depression, low self-confidence, binge eating disorder and other psychological disorders. Obesity increases odds of conditions such as elevated blood pressure, cardiac ailments, poor mobility and Type 2 diabetes.
Weight Loss Programs in India
Weight loss treatment in India has a natural inclination. Natural, sustainable weight loss and healthy metabolism activity involve a multidimensional mind-body-spirit understanding of how emotions, beliefs, lifestyle, energy, and food impact one’s body.
• Detoxification: Potentially clears accumulated toxins in the body so that nutrients can be better absorbed, thereby improving the bioavailability.
• Rejuvenation: Followed by detoxification, rejuvenation diet restores vitality and makes one energised.
• Nourishment: Optimising metabolism along with a balanced and nutritious diet.
• Maintenance: The therapy involves managing weight.
Weight Loss program includes:
• Inch loss
• Tummy tuck
• Arm tuck
• Thigh tuck
• Body Toning
• Anti-cellulite therapy
• Post-delivery skin tightening
• Spot fat reduction/thigh bulges
• Permanent weight loss
• Medical, lifestyle and Prakriti analysis
• Deviation analysis
• Stimulus control
• Double chin
• Bio-stat correction
Weight Loss Programs
Nutrition therapy is focused towards monitoring the individual’s nutrition levels and physical activity. Specialists and other healthcare providers motivate obese individuals to shift their perspective.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Weight Loss: Pure & Natural
Ayurvedic Treatment is the most natural and therapeutic method of treating obesity. The therapy involves deep and dry massages with herbal powders and pastes (Udwarthanam) and massaging with specific oils (Abhyanga). The treatment also includes a herbal steam bath which holds potential in mobilizing the accumulated fat alongside a customised diet and yoga postures such as Dhanurasana, bhujangasana, shalabasana, ardhamatsyendrasana, trikonasana and Vajrayana.
The magic of Dieting + Probiotics
A healthy diet in combination with probiotic treatment has been associated with combating obesity and boosting weight loss, a smart study revealed. However, the study warrants further study. The findings hint towards the potential of the microbiome in accelerating weight loss.
Hormone Injection for Weight Loss
Hormone Injection has the similar results as that of gastric bypass surgery.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Weight Management?
CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) is a talk therapy focused on the mechanism of how thoughts manipulate behaviour. The therapy involves identifying maladaptive thoughts and moulding and directing towards positive thoughts.
CBT has proved to be of potential in treating binge eating disorder. The treatment is most effective when given alongside conventional weight loss methods.
The theory behind Acupuncture & Weight Management
Acupuncture has long been practised in the East. The procedure uses super-thin needles to stimulate strategic points of the body, and the results have remarkable health benefits. Traditional practitioners stick to the conventional alternative medications so body’s energy (called “qi”) can be rebalanced. It is an effective slim down strategy but takes time.
Acupuncture is done alongside timely and regular physical activity; potentially focusing on healthy eating habits.
Best Specialty Clinics & Dietician for Weight Loss Program
Dr. Shikha Sharma's NutriHealth, Delhi
Dr. Anjali Hooda Sangwan’s LiveNutriFit, Delhi
Dr. Ishi Khosla’s Clinic
Ms Ritika Mehta’s AktivHealth (formerly AktivOrtho), New Delhi
Best Hospitals & Doctors for Weight Loss Surgery in India
• Dr Pradeep Chowbey (Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket)
• Dr Ajay Kriplani (Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Delhi NCR)
• Dr Rajesh Khullar (Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket)
• Dr Mohan Rao (Fortis Malar Hospitals Ltd., Chennai)
• Dr Praveen Bhatia (Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi)
• Dr Yogesh Agarwala (Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket)
• Dr Naresh Singhi (Saifee Hospital, Mumbai)
• Dr HV Shivaram (Aster CMI, Bengaluru)
Types of Weight Loss Surgeries
Bariatric surgery is associated with cutting down the risk of premature heart disease and stroke among overweight or obese youngsters but only becomes an option when other weight loss options do not work. It is a surgical procedure which involves reducing the size of the intestines, and the stomach becomes, so the absorption is reduced.
Solid research has potentially shed light on the significance of bariatric surgery in weight loss and lowering risk of stroke and other heart diseases in patients.
The various types of weight loss surgeries performed in India are as follows:
• Roux-en-Y (roo-en-y) - A type of gastric bypass surgery, the procedure involves limiting the absorption capacity of the stomach and compressing the stomach.
• Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch- A form of gastric bypass surgery for individuals with BMI more than 50, in this surgery 80 percent of the stomach is removed. Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch has proved to be of potential in bypassing a greater chunk of the intestine.
• Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) – The procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the uppermost part of the stomach, which holds potential in compressing the stomach.
• Sleeve gastrectomy- The surgical procedure involves making a biliopancreatic diversion with a duodenal switch so that the structure of the stomach can be re-defined to a tube, thereby limiting the absorption of nutrients.
What is the cost of weight loss surgery in India?
Weight Loss programs
• Nutrition Therapy- USD 500
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Weight Loss- USD 200
• Ayurvedic Treatment- USD 250 to USD 300
• Hormone Injection- USD 400
• Acupuncture for Weight Loss- USD 200
• Gastric Bypass- USD 5500
• Gastric Banding- USD 4500
• Roux-en-Y Surgery - USD 4700
• Gastrectomy sleeve- USD 4800
Why should you choose India for Weight Loss Treatment?
Obesity is increasing at an alarming rate, and so is the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes among patients. Individuals with morbid obesity may undergo weight loss programs being offered at various speciality clinics under coveted dieticians.
Bariatric surgery becomes inevitable when other treatment options fail to exhibit positive results. Weight loss treatment in India is enhanced and can be availed at an affordable cost. The hospitals in India dispense top-notch services to patients have the state-of-the-art infrastructure.
With the emergence of medical tourism in India, availing treatment in India has become even more feasible, thereby eliminating insensitive middlemen. Various healthcare platforms like MedMonks connect patients to the right hospital and help them walk through the entire procedure.