15 Reasons Why You Are Not Getting Pregnant
Posted By: MedMonks Comments: 0
Reasons for not Getting Pregnant
Escalation of joy and sense of fulfilment are the outcomes that are displayed in parents’ eyes. Sometimes, due to biological and environmental reasons, individuals are not able to conceive naturally. Here technology plays a crucial part in providing couples with options to overcome barriers and successfully conceive a baby. This article will make you understand all the reasons that cause infertility in female and will also try and explain a few measures that can one can take to limit the causes of infertility.
This article will help you to understand various reasons that cause infertility in females. Approximately 1 out of every six couples suffer from infertility. The diagnosis is provided to couples that have been unsuccessful in conceiving over the course of one full year. When the causes of infertility exist within female partner that is referred to as female infertility. Whereas when the causes lie within female partner, then that is considered as male infertility.
Now, let’s understand the causes that are refraining you from getting pregnant-
- One of the major causes of infertility among women is the hormonal imbalance.
- Some glandular problems lead to excessive production of Prolactin which ultimately lead to disruption of the hormonal levels.
- The milk-producing hormone also known as Prolactin suppress and causes interference with the process of ovulation.
- Unhealthy diet and disturbed eating habits also lead to hormonal imbalance.
- A tumour or Cyst
- Tumour and Cyst can cause damage and scarring which then ultimately blocks the fallopian tubes and also interfere with other aspects of the pelvis region.
- That often results in causing infertility, and it is a condition that affects women during their reproductive years.
- The most common cause of chronic pelvis pain is endometroid ovarian cysts.
- Diagnosis of ovarian cysts is done through ultrasound scan.
- Most of the cysts are removed using laparoscopic surgery, irrespective of their size.
- Size of the cyst doesn’t matter as it can be decompressed laparoscopically that leads to its collapsation.
- Then via keyhole incision the cyst is removed saving the unnecessary major surgery.
- Keyhole surgery is the most preferred procedure to treat infertile women as it allows the doctor to conserve the normal ovarian tissue preserving natural ovarian function.
Eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia
- What you eat and the pattern of eating habit influences in a big way not only for fertilization process but other health-related factors too.
- Menstrual irregularities or no menses at all is often faced by women suffering from bulimia (obsessive desire to lose weight) or anorexia.
- It is important for the girls or women to maintain a balanced diet in order to make their reproductive function work naturally healthy.
Alcohol or Drug Abuse
- Research says that women are more vulnerable concerning long-term effects of drugs and alcohol when compared to men.
- Change is physiology, weight, hormone levels and ultimately infertility.
- Drug abuse harms the reproductive system severely.
- Alcohol and smoking have a severe effects on individual’s health particularly women.
- Both cigarettes and alcohol are slow killers and over consumption not only lead to infertility, but other severe diseases like cancer.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- The rate of infertility is very high for the women suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
- For the women suffering from PCOS, it gets very difficult to conceive.
- For some of the women suffering from PCOS the abnormal growth of hair on face, darkening of the underarms and face acne are observed.
- PCOS occurs due to the lack of balance in the hormones in the brain and ovaries.
- PCOS happens when a hormones known as LH from the pituitary gland or the level of insulin are too much.
- That causes ovaries to make some extra amounts of testosterone.
- A happy mind is directly proportional to the healthy body.
- Stress affects not only physically but mentally too.
- It is a common cause that affects the smooth functioning of the reproductive system.
- Stress leads to mental disturbance, which further leads to sleep deprivation and eventually that causes more health issues.
- Always remember to sleep like a baby as a body having complete or healthy sleep will eventually keep individual physically and mentally fit.
- Exercising rather a religious exercising is good for healthy living.
- But, developing the desired body will require patience, and it is always advisable to take baby steps in the process of fitness.
- Intense stress to the body impacts the functioning of the reproductive system.
Brief Menstrual Cycles
- Gaps in the menstrual cycles in the initial phase are normal, but it is always advisable to consult the healthcare profession to protect yourself from the risk of infertility.
- If treated timely then the causes will be stabilized and ladies can retain their normal cycles.
- Pelvis Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- It is essential to treat people suffering from Pelvis Inflammatory Disease in a right way as PID can lead to scar in the tissue in the pelvic region and ultimately cause infertility.
- Other problems like pelvic pain, ectopic (tubal pregnancy follows for the women suffering from Pelvis Inflammatory Disease.
Infection History or Chronic infection like Tuberculosis
- Tuberculosis affects the genital tract too in human beings.
- It causes endometriosis (infection of the uterus).
- The infection caused by tuberculosis is silent and doesn’t produce any signals.
- A big no to smoking.
- Do not let your loved one lose the magic that they feel because of your presence, smoking is one of the causes of tuberculosis.
Polyps in Uterus
- Polyps in the uterus cause not only infertility but sometimes may also lead to miscarriage.
- To maintain healthy uterine cavity, a lining known as endometrial is needed to conceive and maintain pregnancy.
Endometriosis or Fibroids
- Endometriosis is a disease that affects approximately 16 percent of the infertile women, and it occurs when the tissues that line the cavity of the uterus is found outside the womb.
- Endometrioma is a cavity full of blood formed commonly in the abdomen on the ovaries due to endometriosis.
Scar tissue or Adhesions
- Scar tissue or adhesions is mostly caused by pelvic infection, for example, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- Minor scars can be treated, and the chances of getting infertile can also be reduced.
- Chronic Medical Illness like kidney disease or anaemia
- Kidney disease or Anaemia is also among the leading causes making women suffer.
- It is always a wise option to eat healthy as your choice of food and water can help you to be on safe side and reduce the chances of getting infertile.
- Proportionate intake of vitamins and minerals in the body lead to not only lead to a healthy body but also develops a strong immune system.
[Read: Types of Kidney Transplant]
Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- A regular menstrual cycle is the first signal for the healthy reproductive system.
- If you are facing with the irregularity in your cycle, consult the gynaecologist to get to the root of the cause and get it treated in time before that turns out to be severe and make you infertile or may also cause other diseases.
Advancement in technology has come with numerous solutions for would-be parents who are not able to conceive naturally-
Developing understanding of common laboratory techniques undertaken in the process of IVF
- Egg Retrieval– It is a minor surgical procedure where the doctor extracts eggs from the follicles, a small secretory cavity of the ovaries.
- Sperms Extraction-
- Extraction of sperms from male donor which are further used to fertilize with the extracted eggs of the female.
- Previously donor insemination was called Artificial Insemination.
- Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)-
- In the process of Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), single sperm is fertilized with an egg to activate fertilization.
- It is performed with a special equipment in the embryology laboratory.
For the ladies facing any of the above problems and are facing trouble to meet the suitable healthcare professional concerning their case then Medmonks is the answer
Medmonks a medical travel platform in India started by a team of professional physician executives. The objective of the company is to work towards creating a healthier world by empowering the patient to make informed healthcare decisions. It bridges the information and service gaps that patients often grapple with when travelling abroad for medical treatment. As a team Medmonks becomes part of patient’s journey by hand-holding them at all steps including assistance in other services like accommodation, travelling, food, language, money exchange etc. in the most efficient way.
Leave a comment
Ravi upadhyay on Uterine Transplants Glimmer Hope for Posterity Amongst the Wombless
V.shobana on Uterine Transplants Glimmer Hope for Posterity Amongst the Wombless
Riya Jain on Stem Cell Therapy, Sequentially Programmed Magnetic Field (SPMF) Therapy Hold Potential in Treating Knee Pain in India
Gautami Singh on Uterine Transplants Glimmer Hope for Posterity Amongst the Wombless
mahesh_fmim on Infertility Treatment in India: 5 Facts You Should Know
Ankita thakur on Uterine Transplants Glimmer Hope for Posterity Amongst the Wombless
Tara on Uterine Transplants Glimmer Hope for Posterity Amongst the Wombless
Neha Jain on Face Transplant- This Pioneering Surgery is the Talk of the Town
Almasi on Heart Surgery in India: 5 Benefits You Did Not Know About