7 Factors that Influences Patients to Choose India for Knee Replacement Surgery
Availability Of JCI Accredited Hospitals
- The Gold Seal of approval that is JCI, accredited entities have accredited hundreds of healthcare organizations in India. Academic medical centres, hospitals and primary care providers are being partnered by JCI. Hospitals like Fortis Escorts Health Institutes, Delhi, Medanta The Medcity, Delhi NCR, Artemis Hospital, Delhi NCR, Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore, Columbia Asia Referral Hospital, Bangalore, Gleneagles Global, Chennai etc. to support their quest for excellence.
- Initial accreditation is just the initial part of the journey. JCI supervises these organizations to keep track of activities to ensure that they maintain the updated standards, provide guidance on the continuous expectation, and also ensure the constant improvement in terms of technological advancements and patient’s satisfaction.
Availability of Super specialists
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal is the best knee replacement surgeon in India. He is the Chairman of the Bone and Joint Institute at Medanta Medicity in Delhi NCR, who has performed the highest number of knee replacement surgeries each year with excellent outcome.
- There are other specialists as well like Dr Naresh Trehan, Dr Ajay Kaul, Dr Sanjay Gupta, Dr Pradeep Nambair, Dr Rajneesh Malhotra, Dr Yugal K Mishra, Dr ZS Meherwal etc. who are performing exceptionally well and have been contributing in global health for a very long time now.
Cost-Effectiveness In the Process of Treatment
- One of the factors that influence people to opt for medical tourism is the availability of the healthcare services in other parts of the world at an amount which sounds reasonable to them. India is among the top popular destinations for medical tourism because in India patients not only get excellent healthcare services but also at a very reasonable amount.
- When compared with the developed nations like the USA, UK, and Singapore the cost of knee replacement in India is 60% less that attracts patients from all across the globe.
- The approximate cost of Unilateral Knee Replacement Surgery in India is starting from USD 4500, and that of Bilateral Knee Replacement is starting from USD 7500.
- Connectivity leads to smooth travelling, and that eventually helps the patient to travel across for treatment without facing any barrier. India is well-connected with most parts of the world. The government of India is very supportive of Medical Tourism and cooperates well with the patient in all the documentation procedure.
- Easier and quicker availability of transportation services within India to travel to various places in the process of the medical journey.
- Medical Travel Platforms like Medmonks plays a vital role here in guiding the patient throughout the process about travel, connectivity, availability of means of transport and fills all sorts of information and service gaps like accommodation, documentation, air ambulance, etc.
- Communication plays a vital role in the journey of any medical travel as it is extremely important that the right encoding and decoding has been undergone between the sender and the receiver as that leads to the higher success rate in the process of the medical journey.
- India has the 2nd largest English speaking population in the whole world.
- Availability of various human resources that work religiously on translating the sender’s( patient’s) message most accurately to the receiver( healthcare service providers and other people associated with the healing journey).
Highly trained paramedical personnel
- Paramedical staff is the backbone of the hospitals as they make the process of journey simpler and efficient.
- The medical curriculum of India involves rigorous training of the employees which is leading to building a great team of paramedical staff in all the hospitals of India.
- Hospitals like BLK, Artemis, Fortis, Medanta, Rockford, Gleneagles Global etc. have proper selection criteria for the selection of paramedical staff.
- There is efficiency in the role that paramedical staff plays in all healthcare hospitals which leads to higher success rates.