Eligibility for Medical Visa from UAE to India
- Medical Visa is granted to a person, whose only purpose is medical treatment, to visit another country.
- The applicant should have chosen a recognized hospital for his or her treatment.
- A maximum of two medical attendants is allowed to travel to India with the patient. These attendants can be either the patient’s family members or, his or her close friends.
- The applicant must choose from an extensive list of treatments that are eligible for granting of a medical visa. The popular treatments in this list are neurosurgery, renal disorders, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, cardiac problems, organ transplantations, congenital disorders, radiotherapy, plastic surgery and gene therapy.
Important Documents for Indian Medical Visa Application from UAE
- Print of the applicant’s online visa application form, correctly and legibly filled.
- 2 coloured passport size photographs of the applicant, which meet the following norms:
- The photos should not be more than maximum 3 months old.
- The background should be white and for locals wearing a white Arabic head gear, the background should be light blue.
- The applicant should be wearing dark-coloured clothes.
- The size of the photo should be 51 x 51mm.
- The photos should feature applicant’s frontal view, with clearly visible facial features and ears. Also, his or her expressions should be natural.
- There should be absolutely no shadows in the background or on the applicant’s face.
- Patient’s original passport, which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application and shall contain a minimum of 2 blank pages. Photocopies of the passport’s first five pages also need to be submitted.
- Patient’s medical records and reports from Abu Dhabi or Al Ain Hospital to indicate his or her diagnosis and that he or she has been recommended a treatment in India.
- A letter of appointment from his or her concerned Indian hospital, stating its disposition to provide medical treatment to the patient.
- A proof of residence from GCC nationals. They also have to fill up one copy of the reference form.
- If any of the applicant’s family member is accompanying him or her during travel, he or she needs to submit his or her application.
- In case of a minor, a non-objection certificate has to be signed and submitted by both the parents. Parents’ signature must match to the ones in their own passports.
- In case of UAE residents with visa issued at Al Ain or Abu Dhabi, residing in Northern Emirates or Dubai, a copy of applicant’s address proof, which can be his or her tenancy contract, electricity bill or telephone bill, is required.
Process of Online Application of Indian Medical Visa from UAE
- Visit Indian Visa Online website and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Enter the essential details like your country, date of birth, nationality, high commission, e-mail ID, visa type and expected date of arrival in India.
- Enter the access code and then, click Continue.
- The online form has three pages and correct details have to be furnished in each page. As you complete each page, click Save and Continue, displayed at the bottom.
- Provide details about your occupation or profession, and your family address.
- After this, you need to enter your medical visa application details. These include details of hospitals both in UAE and India, purpose of visit, duration of treatment, number of entries, expected date of journey and probable time of arrival and departure. Other information required includes references and details about any SAARC country visit.
- Upload your recent picture by clicking on Upload Photo. You can also later on paste it in the printed copy in the photo box on the first page. The photograph must be exactly the same size (2x2 inch) as the box.
- On the third page, click Save and Continue. Then, thoroughly check the details showed as a preview and correct any mistake by clicking on Modify/Edit.
- If all the entered data seems fine to you, click on Verified and Continue.
- Read the instructions carefully on the newly opened window and press OK for closing registration. If you still need to modify the details, please click Cancel.
- After you click OK, a new window will appear, wherein you have to select the appointment date for submitting your visa application and then, click on Confirm the Appointment.
- You will be asked to Print or to Save. Please do not forget to save the application before you print for the form’s hard copy by clicking on Print Registered Application.
- Sign in the rectangular box just below the photo box. Repeat the signatures in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Last but not the least, you need to choose from one of the Visa Application Centres in your country to submit the form and the required documents on the appointed date. You can find the list of these Visa Application Centres and their working hours at the right margin of the application.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Fee
For 6 months of stay, the medical visa fee from UAE to India is AED (Arab Emirates Dirham) 295, which is equivalent to USD 80, whereas for a year, it is AED 445, equal to USD 121. Additional BLS services charges can cost up to AED 37.5, equalling to USD 10. Medical visa applied in UAE is processed and delivered within five to six working days.
For More Information Connect to Indian Embassy Webpage: http://www.indembassyuae.gov.in/eoi.php?id=guidlines
"For assistance in getting an Indian medical Visa, post your query on email@example.com. Feel free to contact our professionals through Whatsapp- +91 7683088559"