The cost of healthcare in Oman is on an upswing. The need for modern diagnostic equipment, treatment protocols, medications, treatment establishments etc. are some of the few reasons behind this steep rise.
Also, Oman faces an increasing demand for well-equipped hospitals and technical expertise, both. For example, the lack of an adequate number of beds at Oman's medical facilities, non-availability of high-precision instruments and adept professionals is driving Omanis or residents in Oman to seek quality healthcare systems such as India.
India boasts the best quality medical care including successful surgeries, fast patient-recovery time and zero waiting time at a fraction of the cost. In fact, the cost of treatments in India is comparatively lower (one fourth) the cost of the similar procedures in the US and UK sans compromising quality. This is why a multitude of Omanis looking for premium-grade medical treatments at affordable costs are choosing to come to India.
To be able to come to India to get themselves treated at India's best medical units, Omanis need to get an Indian Visa.
The requirements for getting medical Visa from Oman to India have been mentioned below:
1. Filled and duly signed (by the passport holder) visa application form.
2. Yellow fever vaccination certificate that turns valid ten days after the inoculation
3. Confirmed return air tickets
4. Two recent passport size (37 mm x 37 mm) photographs.
5. Bank statements for the last three months( the submitted statements should be certified by the bank and must possess the applicant's name, address and telephone numbers.
6. CV/ Biodata
7. Verified Oman re-entry permit
8. Passport with six months validity along with one blank page for Visa's endorsement.
9. A copy of Oman Dependent/Alien's Pass for all Non-Oman residents, currently domiciled in Oman.
10. A copy of Dependent/Aliens Pass, as evidence of residence in Oman (applicable to resident Non-Oman foreign nationals only)
11. A letter indicating details about any previous visits to India that should include the period of stay.
12. A scan of the information page of the passport along with a photocopy of the passport.
13. A copy of the passport's profile page. If the applicant is a national of two countries at the same time, then a copy of both the passports profile page is mandatory.
14. A copy of Oman's national ID. Non-Omanis applicant needs to submit a copy of their current Oman's visa or visa extension page.
15. Applicants who are not residents of Oman need to fill out the personal particular form.
16. Copy of reference letter from recognized medical care and treatment centres in India.
17. Copy of recommendation from home country stating that the applicant can undergo medical treatment in India.
18. A Copy of the passport of the attendant along with residential proof.
19. Applicants of Pakistan, non-residents in Oman, applicants who have Oman's ID for less than two years and nationals of China, Bangladesh, Taiwan and Nigeria need to submit another additional form.
Apart from the requirements, people from Oman should fulfil the following set of criteria,
Medical Visa can be attained only in certain conditions that may include,
List of conditions:
1. The first and foremost requisite for a patient to get a medical visa is that the treatment centre he or she wishes to consult should have the approval of the Government of India.
2. The patient can be accompanied by at most two blood relatives; the attendant will need to apply for a medical attended Visa, which has the same validity as that of the patient’s.
3. The patient (with attendants )should have an original passport along with a photocopy that remains valid for a period of six months. Also, the foreign nationals need to carry two blank passport pages to be used for India visa stamps later on.
4. The applicant or the patient should possess valid recommendations or references from medical specialists of his or her own country for specialized treatment. Such recommendations are made on the basis of preliminary medical checkups conducted by the facility where the patient received treatment.
5. The patient should be seeking a specified nature of treatment that includes, Neurosurgery, Heart surgery, Organ transplant, Joint replacement, Gene therapy, Plastic surgery, Renal problems, Congenital disorders, Radio-Therapy and Ayurveda treatment.
Since travelling to the Indian embassy in Oman can be problematic for many, one can fill in the e-Visa application from the comforts of their homes. Here are the steps involved,
Steps of procedure:
1. Go to government registered website- https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on the regular Visa application.
2. Fill out the details in the form including the name of the country, high commission, date of birth, nationality, expected date of arrival in India and Visa type, email-ID. Following that, you will need to enter the access code and click on continue to proceed.
3. The medical e-visa form comprises of a total of 3 pages. Fill out the details of each page and click save and continue.
4. Upload your picture, or you can paste it on to a printed copy of filled application form.
5. In case of an error, click the modify or edit option to do the necessary correction.
6. After the filling in the details correctly, click on verify and continue.
7. A new window containing a set of instructions will appear. Click OK to complete the registration. In case you feel the need to modify a few details, click cancel and fill out the form from the beginning.
8. Once you click OK, again a separate window will appear that will ask you to furnish date of appointment for submission of Visa application at the Mission counter. Select the date as per your convenience and confirm.
9. After confirming the appointment, another window bearing two options namely, print or save will emerge.
10. Click the "save" button followed by "print" button to receive the hard copy of the application form.
11. Enter your signature and submit the Visa application with the required documents as mentioned above at the Mission Counter on the date of appointment between (0900 hours – 1230 hours).
The processing fee for getting a medical visa from Oman to India:
The processing fee for medical Visa from Oman to India is USD 83 or 31,800. Medical fees are outsourced to Indian passport along with Visa service centre of M/s. BLS International services.
The application and payment of the medical visa should be submitted only at BLS centres.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time:
The processing time of Medical Visa from Oman to India ranges from 4 to 5 working days.
The validity of Medical Visa and Visa extension policies:
The initial validity period of Indian medical visa is either one year or the period of treatment whichever is less. However, the period of validity of medical visa can be extended for a period of one year further in case the recovery period of the patient extends the duration of his or her stay in India.
For Visa extension, one is expected to submit a medical certificate or letter from the recognized or specialized hospital indicating details including, the name of ailment, treatment procedure and number of days for expected recovery along with necessary documents such as photocopy of the passport and the initial visa, four photographs, and residence details in India for Visa extension in the FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices). The Ministry of home affairs will approve any further extension, provided the recommendations of the of the State Government/FRROs with by appropriate medical documents are available. The validity period of this visa is valid for up to three entries in a year. However, an additional entry can be allowed in case of an emergency.
There are many Omani residents who are planning to come to India for a short period of time. Such people can travel to India on an e-tourist visa, provided the treatment time is short.
To get an e-tourist visa from Oman to India, one needs to furnish the following set of documents that include,
1. A scanned copy (PDF-size 10 KB to 300 KB) of the passport's first page
2. A digital photograph. The dimensions should be:
• Size: 10 KB to 1 MB
• Height and width should be the same
• The photograph should possess the candidate's full face, front view, open eyes.
• Pain light coloured or white background
• No shadows or borders.
Why opt for MedMonks?
With all the documents and conditions fulfilled as mentioned above, mad monks can help you obtain medical Visa from Oman to India under easy sail. We offer end-to-end assistance to patients and attendants from Oman to help them travel to India for having their medical needs met at a fraction of the cost.
Furthermore, our highly adept and experienced professionals serve as an interface between patients and top-notch medical care and treatment facilities along with widely acclaimed doctors and surgeons in India to help them gain access to the quality medical treatments that match the International standards.
Apart from this, we offer a wide range of services including, round the clock medical assistance, Airport pickup and drop facility, Medical lodging, to name a few, to make your stay even easier and comfortable.
For More Information Connect to Indian Embassy Webpage: http://www.indemb-oman.gov.in/page/visa
"For assistance in getting an Indian medical Visa, post your query on [email protected] Feel free to contact our professionals through Whatsapp- +91 7683088559"