Mongolia, the exotic land of Genghis Khan, at one point of time enjoyed the privilege of a robust healthcare system and gained recognition in offering good comprehensive care for citizens and foreign nationals alike. However, in 1990, the Mongolian health system collapsed due to the withdrawal of Soviet aid. A majority of the health professionals who serves in Mongolian hospitals and clinics were Russians. Consequently, when the support was removed, Mongolia had to deal with an enormous shortage of qualified doctors, nurses and other caregivers which remains true till today. Moreover, the health system suffers from the scarcity of adequate infrastructure and expertise to carry out high-end surgical interventions with precision. Due to all such reasons, Mangol people are deciding to travel to countries such as India for meeting their medical needs.
India has emerged as a "dream medical destination" for people from Mongolia owing to following mentioned reasons,
1. World-class infrastructure
2. High-precision instruments and devices
3. Internationally-acclaimed doctors, surgeons and medical staff-wide broad knowledge base
Conditions to be met:
People from Mongolia require a Medical Visa to travel to India. To get a medical visa from Mongolia to India, the Indian Embassy (located in the Sukhbaatar district of Ulaanbaatar) has carved out a set of guidelines that include eligibility requirements, validity and extension of Visa. As a resident of Mongolia, you might be having a number of questions regarding getting an Indian medical visa. You can find the answers to some of the most common questions below,
What are the eligibility requirements?
1. The first and foremost requisite for a patient to get a medical visa is that the treatment centre he or she wishes to consult should have the approval of the Government of India.
2. The patient can be accompanied by at most two blood relatives; the attendant will need to apply for a medical attended Visa, which has the same validity as that of the patient’s.
3. The patient (with attendants )should have an original passport along with a photocopy that remains valid for a period of six months. Also, the foreign nationals need to carry two blank passport pages to be used for India visa stamps later on.
4. The applicant or the patient should possess valid recommendations or references from medical specialists of his or her own country for specialized treatment. Such recommendations are made on the basis of preliminary medical checkups conducted by the facility where the patient received treatment.
5. The patient should be seeking a specified nature of treatment that includes, Neurosurgery, Heart surgery, Organ transplant, Joint replacement, Gene therapy, Plastic surgery, Renal problems, Congenital disorders, Radio-Therapy and Ayurveda treatment.
What set of documents does one need to submit?
The Indian immigration authority asks the applicant to submit the following set of documents:
1. Passport with six months validity
2. Passport size photographs (2X2 inches with a white background)
3. A scan of the information page of the passport along with a photocopy of the passport.
4. A copy of accurately filled online visa application form with a recent photograph.
5. A copy of the passport's profile page. if the applicant is a national of two countries at the same time, then a copy of both the passports profile page is mandatory.
6. A copy of national ID. Non-Mongol applicants need to submit a copy of their current visa or visa extension page.
7. A copy of confirmed return tickets
8. Insurance coverage or Bank statement for last three months. The submitted account statement should be certified by the bank and must indicate the name of the applicant, full address and telephone/fax numbers.
9. Applicants who are not residents of Mongolia need to fill out the personal particular form.
10. Copy of reference letter from recognized medical care and treatment centres in India.
11. Copy of recommendation from home country stating that the applicant can undergo medical treatment in India.
12. A Copy of the passport of the attendant along with residential proof.
13. Applicants of Pakistan, non-residents in Iraq, applicants who have Iraq ID for less than two years and nationals of China, Bangladesh, Taiwan and Nigeria need to submit another additional form.
The Indian government has introduced e-Visa to expedite the medical visa process even further. For those, who are either not aware or unable to apply for e-visa should go through the following,
How to apply for e-Visa?
1. Go to government registered website- https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on the regular Visa application.
2. Fill out the details in the form including the name of the country, high commission, date of birth, nationality, expected date of arrival in India and Visa type, email-ID. Following that, you will need to enter the access code and click on continue to proceed.
3. The medical e-visa form comprises of a total of 3 pages. Fill out the details of each page and click save and continue.
4. Upload your picture, or you can paste it on to a printed copy of filled application form.
5. In case of an error, click the modify or edit option to do the necessary correction.
6. After the filling in the details correctly, click on verify and continue.
7. A new window containing a set of instructions will appear. Click OK to complete the registration. In case you feel the need to modify a few details, click cancel and fill out the form from the beginning.
8. Once you click OK, again a separate window will appear that will ask you to furnish date of appointment for submission of Visa application at the Mission counter. Select the date as per your convenience and confirm.
9. After confirming the appointment, another window bearing two options namely, print or save will emerge.
10. Click the "save" button followed by "print" button to receive the hardcopy of the application form.
11. Enter your signature and submit the Visa application with the required documents as mentioned above at the Mission Counter on the date of appointment between (0900 hours – 1230 hours).
How much is the processing fee?
The processing fee for medical Visa from Mongolia to India is NIL. In case, of an emergency, the service processing fee is USD 35.
What is the Indian Medical Visa Processing Time?
The processing time ranges from 3 to 4 working days.
What is the Validity of Medical Visa and Visa extension policies?
The initial validity period of Indian medical visa is either one year or the period of treatment whichever is less. However, the period of validity of medical visa can be extended for a period of one year further in case the recovery period of the patient extends the duration of his or her stay in India.
For Visa extension, one is expected to submit a medical certificate or letter from the recognized or specialized hospital indicating details including, the name of ailment, treatment procedure and number of days for expected recovery along with necessary documents such as photocopy of the passport and the initial visa, four photographs, and residence details in India for Visa extension in the FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices). The Ministry of home affairs will approve any further extension, provided the recommendations of the of the State Government/FRROs with by appropriate medical documents are available. The validity period of this visa is valid for up to three entries in a year. However, an additional entry can be allowed in case of an emergency.
Why seek Medmonks's assistance?
Getting a medical visa from Mongolia to India is as simple as ABC with Medmonk's quality and end-to-end assistance. We help patients and attendants from Mongolia to travel to India at a fraction of the cost. Also, we provide the necessary support to allow people to get in touch with the best medical facility and doctors in India in no time. In addition, we have gained recognition to be the leading medical travel company by proffering services including, round the clock medical assistance, Airport pickup and drop facility, Medical lodging, to name a few.
For More Information Connect to Indian Embassy Webpage: https://eoi.gov.in/ulaanbaatar/?1096?000
"For assistance in getting an Indian medical Visa, post your query on [email protected]onks.com. Feel free to contact our professionals through Whatsapp- +91 7683088559"