MBBS MCh - Neurosurgery ,
10 Years of Experience
Request Appointment With Dr Sudheer Ambedkar
MBBS MCh - Neurosurgery
- Dr. Ambekar is currently a Consultant in Neurological Surgery at the Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre. Previously,
- He graduated cum laude with a M.B.B.S. from JIPMER, Pondicherry, which is one of the primer institutes in India. He completed a 5-year neurosurgical residency at NIMHANS, which is the best University for training in Neurosurgery in India, followed by a 1- year skullbase surgery fellowship and a 2-year endovascular fellowship at the LSUHSC, Shreveport, LA and the University of Miami Department of Neurological Surgery, United States.
- Dr. Ambekar specializes in the treatment of brain aneurysms and AVMs (arteriovenous malformations).
- He is one of the few dual-trained neurosurgeons in the country able to offer both surgical and minimally invasive endovascular solutions to complex cerebrovascular disease. The minimally invasive endovascular techniques allows for patients to be treated through a 1mm incision in the leg with no incisions in the head.
- Because of his dual training, he unbiased with regards to the treatment chosen. While most lesions can be treated endovascularly, there are some cases are safer with surgery.
- Dr. Ambekar is able to perform every procedure from the initial angiogram to the final embolization or surgery. He is also a specialist in pediatric vascular disease such as aneurysms and tumors, and treating children with surgical and endovascular techniques.
- Dr. Ambekar also is specifically involved in mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke, intracranial stenting for atherosclerotic disease, carotid endarterectomy/stenting and treatment of intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulae.
MBBS MCh - Neurosurgery
- M.B.B.S. (2006) JIPMER, Pondicherry.
- M.Ch. (2011) NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Fellowship in Skullbase surgery (2014) LSUHSC, Shreveport, LA, United States.
- Fellowship in Endovascular Neurosurgry (2015) University of Miami, Fl, United States.
- Subdural hematoma treatment
- Epidural hematoma treatment
- Decompressive craniectomy
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Microvascular Decompression (MVD)
- Hydrocephalus Treatment
- Brain Aneurysm Repair
- Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Brain Tumour Surgery
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Brain Tumour Excision
- Lumbar decompression
- Acoustic Neuroma Treatment
- Skull Base Surgery
- Endoscopic Surgery for Pituitary Tumors
- Cerebrovascular Surgery(Aneurysms | AVMs)
- Neurological Society of India
- American Heart Association
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Best Outgoing student