Weight Loss Treatment in India Hailed as More Natural & Effective
When Weight Loss Prescription is the only Remedy
Bariatric Surgery in India
Obesity, in the present scenario can definitely be considered an international public health problem and people across the globe are suffering from this disease and its effects. Excess body weight is directly related to many other health disorders like diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), arthritis, chronic back pain, depression etc. Thus, it becomes important that weight is brought under control with the help of a proper Weight Loss Specialist who gives you treatment based on your body type and needs.
There are many world-class weight loss specialist in India who have successfully cured their patients both from India and abroad for the problem of obesity.
Obesity or excessive weight could be due to various reasons including:
1. Lifestyle habits- Excessive intake of junk and aerated drinks without exercising is one of the leading reasons for obesity today.
2. Alcohol: Drinking too much of alcohol can either lead to excessive weight loss or weight gain depending on your body type.
3. Genetics: A history of over-weight family members can also result in obesity for other family members. One’s genetic disposition determines how and where you store fat in your body.
4. Lack of physical exercise: A sedentary life with little physical activity is the germinating bed of obesity and the host of problems that it brings along. The first thing any weight loss specialist in India will talk about with a patient is how much physical activity does he/she involve in daily.
5. Medical reasons: While the main reason for the weight issues is the lifestyle changes that we are undergoing including the ever-increasing intake of junk food without much physical activity, there are certain cases wherein the obesity is due to a medical condition.
The weight loss specialist in India looks into all these factors and then prescribe which treatment is best for you. Some disorders that are directly related to excessive bodyweight include coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, abnormal blood fats, stroke, metabolic disorder, cancer, osteoarthritis, extreme sleep apnea, and infertility in women.
In most cases, body weight could be brought under control through a combination of healthy dieting and physical exercises. However, for some people, this is not a possibility due to various factors like genetics or dome other medical problem that inhibits weight loss. In such a scenario, a weight loss specialist in India prescribes weight loss surgery also known as bariatric surgery for the patient. Many research studies have recently reported decrease in mortality and also improvement in medical conditions after bariatric surgery
With state of the art technology, medical expertise and high success-ratio, India is one of the leading medical destination for many patients coming from the West who are suffering from obesity and its related disorders.
A weight loss specialist in India suggest for a weight loss surgery in the case of:
- BMI> 30
- Gynecological disorders
- Hypertension and excessive mental stress
- Reduced physical stamina and endurance
- Acute Sleep disorders
Obesity can manifest itself in many forms including minor heart-attacks. So, a person must first consult a Bariatric Surgeon and know about various available options and then take an informed decision.
There are many types of Bariatric surgeries depending upon the two mechanisms of either restriction i.e. reduced capacity to eat at one particular point of time or malabsorption. Your weight loss specialist in India combine one or both of these mechanisms in a variable manner to achieve desired results.
Various types of bariatric surgeries include:
1. Gastric Banding – Gastric banding is considered to be the safest weight loss surgery that brings down weight using an adjustable silicone band. The Best Bariatric surgeons in India use laparoscopy to insert the band around the upper part of the stomach, which lets stomach to hold only little food. Adjustable gastric banding can result in nearly 40 percent weight shedding post-surgery. However, the results differ with the patient.
One should always consult their weight loss specialist in India about the precautions that need to be taken post-surgery and the follow-up that is required. In case if gastric banding, special dietary advice like mandatory intake of protein with a multivitamin & mineral is always given.
2. Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy – Sleeve Gastrectomy is one of the most commonly used surgical procedures by weight loss specialist in India. Through this surgery, nearly 85 percent of the stomach is surgically removed. The tummy is then reshaped into a sleeve-like structure. The gastrointestinal tract otherwise remains intact. This surgery reduces hunger by lowering down the secretion of hunger stimulating hormones.
3. Gastric bypass surgery – Another popular bariatric technique is gastric bypass surgery that involves creation of thumb-sized pouch from the upper stomach, accompanied by bypass of the remaining stomach. The lower part does not receive any food but continues to secrete the digestive juices. Since the food now bypasses a section of the small intestine, fewer calories are now absorbed. This is considered a safe procedure by weight loss specialist in India as by avoiding the intestinal bypass, the chance of intestinal blockage, anemia, osteoporosis, protein deficiency and vitamin deficiency are significantly reduced.
4. Biliopancreatic diversion – This surgery, also known as Scopinaro procedure induce weight loss by altering the digestive system. Part of the stomach is resected, creating a smaller stomach. This gives the body lesser time to absorb fats and calories resulting in weight loss.
This is quite a complex surgery with longer recovery time. Your weight loss specialist in India can brief you about all the risks and complications involved in this surgery. But despite this, Biliopancreatic Diversion is considered super-helpful for clinical or morbid obesity where other standard weight loss options don’t work.
5. Duodenal switch surgery – This procedure is a modification of biliopancreatic diversion comprising of a malabsorptive and restrictive component.
1. A weight loss specialist in India looks at all the aspects before prescribing weight loss surgery for a patient. A successful bariatric surgery complemented with a comprehensive treatment and recovery plan entails long term weight-loss and boosts your quality of health.
2. Bariatric surgery helps in curing many obesity-related conditions, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and more. The weight loss specialist in India continually monitors postoperative nutritional status and psychological wellbeing in patients who undergo bariatric surgery.
3. Bariatric surgery also lead to improvement and remission of Type II diabetes mellitus (T2DM). While, in the past, diabetes was considered to be a progressive and incurable disease, its not the case any more. Treatments include weight loss and lifestyle changes for those who are overweight or obese and antidiabetic medication, including insulin.
4. Studies have shown that Bariatric surgery helps in improving a number of conditions and biological actions like hormonal changes to reverse weight gain mechanism. Apparently, more than 90 percent of bariatric patients are able to sustain a long-term weight loss of 50 percent excess body weight or more.
5. According to many weight loss specialist in India, individuals suffering from obesity have lower risk of death after bariatric surgery than individuals who did not have surgery.
6. Bariatric surgery also helps Asthma patients. Gastric bypass is particularly helpful in Asthma from gastroesophageal reflux disease.
7. Back pain and Degenerative Joint Disease can be considerably reduced with weight loss post bariatric surgery.
8. For patients suffering from Sleep Apnea Syndrome, weight loss treatment in India is a boon with most of the symptoms of the disorder completely gone within an year.
9. Furthermore, Bariatric surgery and the concomitant weight loss helps people fight-off depression and anxiety which are significantly reduced following the surgery with the efforts of psychologists and rehabilitative therapists.
With advanced technology and world-class medical care, the best Bariatric surgeons in India help patients defeat their obesity completely and comprehensively. The surgery team usually includes experienced physicians, weight-loss specialist in India, best bariatric surgeons, nurses, experienced anesthesiologists, nutritionists and as needed, pulmonologists, cardiologists, cosmetic surgeons, fitness expert, rehabilitation therapists and psychiatric staff.
The top weight loss specialists in India are trained at the best medical schools and have wide experience in handling obesity surgeries. Choosing the best and widely experienced bariatric surgeon ensure minimum complications after surgery and much less stress for the patient and the family.
The weight loss specialist in India offer comprehensive evaluations before surgery. This is followed by tertiary care after surgery, including therapists, nutritionists, dieticians and continuing education. The bariatric wards in all our hospitals are equipped with the latest technology, excellent infrastructure and provide high-standard medical care.
Thus, with internationally accredited hospitals that boast of best weight-loss specialist in India and also best Bariatric surgeons with international training and experience, India becomes top spot for medical care for international patients and their families.
What differentiates the bariatric surgery in India from other bariatric surgeries around the world is the cost of the surgery. The cost of bariatric surgery in India is nearly 40-70 percent less than the US and the UK.
The cost of Gastric Sleeve surgery in India starts from USD 5,300 which is way cheaper than what it costs in western countries. Similarly, the cost of Gastric Bypass starts from USD 6000.
Our associate bariatric surgery hospitals are spread across all the major cities and states in India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Pune. These hospitals with its top-class weight-loss specialist in India and trained staff boast to be the best bariatric surgery hospitals in India.
The best hospitals across India with their State-of-the-art medical equipment provide world-class health care to obese patients and help them resume a normal life post surgery. Some of the leading hospitals that provide best Bariatric surgeons in India include names like Max Healthcare, Manipal Hospitals, Fortis Healthcare, BLK, and Columbia Asia. The weight-loss specialist in India and the bariatric surgeons in these hospitals are highly professional, well-qualified and renowned across the world for their skills and expertise in all kinds of weight-loss surgery at minimal cost.
Medmonks ensures that our medical tourists receive tailor-made treatment that fits into their budget and time constraints. Our team takes care of all your non-medical issues so that you can simply sit back, relax and be assured of your complete treatment and healing through the efforts of our accomplished medical practitioners, which include best weight-loss specialist in India and also best Bariatric surgeons offering the latest techniques of bariatric surgery.
The waiting time for surgery in India is also less than other countries as there is no dearth of good hospitals. Also, language is no issue in India as English is the second language in the country.
All the major treatments for weight loss in India are pre-planned to meet the demands and convenience of patients coming from abroad. Mostly, the examination of the patient is conducted by an internationally-certified weight loss specialist in India and surgeon. India offers e-visa facilities to countries like United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Oman, UAE, middle east countries, East Asian countries, African countries and others so that they can travel easily to India to undergo bariatric surgery.
At MedMonks, we always strive and work round the clock to provide affordable, accessible and reliable medical services in a hassle proof and stress free environs of India. We will always be by your side in your journey to restore your health.
top Weight Loss Doctors in India
Dr Vikas Singhal
Dr Vikas Singhal, after completing MBBS from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College pursued further surgical training from top institutes in UK and USA. He completeView Details
Dr Deep Goel
Dr. Deep Goel is currently associated as a Director at the BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi.
He has completed his MBBS from Kasturba Medical College; and DNB from the prestigious SirView Details