Cardiac Surgery Hospitals in India
With an availability of eminent amenities and world-class treatment and care facilities, best cardiac surgery hospitals in India comprising of a team of best cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons has emerged as a medical hub for International patients with heart disorders.
What is cardiology?
Derived from two Greek words namely, "cardia" meaning heart and "logy" meaning the study of, cardiology is a particular branch of medicine that deals with heart-related diseases and disorders.
Who is a cardiologist?
Physicians or doctors who specialize in the study or treatment of all types of heart diseases and heart abnormalities.
Who is a cardiovascular surgeon?
Cardiac surgeons are the specialist physicians who have the expertise to correct heart disorders by performing surgical procedures. A cardiologist refers to a cardiovascular surgeon in case the need for surgery arises. Cardiovascular surgeons can perform a wide range of operations including, coronary artery bypass, aneurysm repair, heart defect repair, valve repair and replacement, heart transplantation, and transmyocardial laser revascularization procedures, to name a few.
What is cardiac surgery? What is CABG?
Cardiac surgery is done to correct problems related to the heart. Coronary artery bypass grafting is the most common type of heart surgery; wherein, a blocked coronary artery is connected to a healthy artery or vein. Since the grafted artery or vein bypasses the blocked portion of the coronary artery, a new path is created for the oxygen-rich blood to flow to the respective heart muscle.
Why is a cardiac surgery performed?
Cardiac surgery can be performed owing to many reasons. Some of the most common causes are:
1. Repair or repair impaired heart valves, which regulate the blood flow through the heart.
2. Repair structures in the heart that have undergone significant damage.
3. Implant medical equipment that supports crucial functions such as heartbeat control and blood flow.
4. Substitute a defective heart with a healthy one attained from a donor.
What are the types of heart surgery performed in India?
Indian cardiac surgery hospitals have a pool of specialized cardiovascular surgeons that have the expertise and skill to execute procedures such as coronary artery bypass grafting, Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization, Heart Valve Repair or Replacement, Arrhythmia Treatment, and aneurysm repair. In addition, cardiac surgeons may perform surgery to position or implant ventricular assist devices(VADs), or other mechanical devices in order to support heart function and blood flow.
What are the types of surgical approaches used?
Heart surgeons in India use a multitude of approaches to treat heart issues of various types. These approaches include,
1. Open heart surgery
2. Off-pump heart surgery
3. Minimally-invasive heart surgery
Why India's best heart surgery hospitals are becoming the numero uno choice for International patients?
India is emerging as a medical hub for patients from all over the world when it comes to heart surgery with Internationally-acclaimed, high-tech avant-garde medical and surgical facilities (accredited by NABH, NABL and JCI), top-notch cardiac surgeons, and availability of premium-grade quality equipment or devices. Besides, the cost of heart surgery in India is comparatively lower than that in other countries including US, UK, Australia etc.
Are Indian cardiac surgeons qualified and experienced enough?
Cardiac surgeons in India have earned accreditations such as MBBS, MS, MCH, DNB/FRCS/MRCS etc. from top-notch universities in India and abroad and hold experience in performing complex heart surgeries with absolute precision and accuracy. Their in-depth knowledge about the cardiac surgery and ethical management practices have helped them earn various International fellowship and training programs too.
How much a cardiac surgery costs in India?
The cost of cardiovascular surgery in India is minuscule when to compared to the global standards. As a matter of fact, the cardiac surgeons perform complex surgical procedures at a cost which is almost three times lower than that in developed counterparts. For example, Coronary angiography costs around Rs.10,000 to Rs. 15,000 and 500 dollars (Rs. 32,000) in the US.
Furthermore, the treatment cost of heart disease in children is 10 to 15 times lower than that of any European country. For example, open heart surgery in India's best private hospitals costs Rs.1.5 lakh to Rs.2.25 lakh; for children, open heart surgery costs Rs.1.25 lakh to Rs.2 lakh; valve surgeries cost between Rs.2.5 lakh and Rs.2.75 lakh.
MedMonks is an established medical tourism company that has collaborated with best heart surgery hospitals in India to help patients from all the corners of the world to get access to best cardiac treatments at modest prices.
Share your concern with our experienced professionals via the user-friendly portal, and we will help you get in touch with the best treatment facility along with surgeon in India expeditiously.
How do things function at MedMonks?
The differentiators of MedMonks include,
1. First-class facilities: Our professionals provide end-to-end assistance to International patients during their stay in India. From arranging medical Visa, setting accommodation plans, to providing conveyance to and from the airport, MedMonks will be there with you without fail.
2. Experienced and highly qualified panel: MedMonks boasts a network of competent professionals that acts as an active interface between patients and doctors (along with hospitals) in India.
3. Professionalism: We have gained a reputation for maintaining the highest set of ethics in providing patient information regarding treatments and surgeries with transparency.
4. Cost-effectiveness: MedMonks will plan and execute your medical journey at a fraction of the cost when compared to other medical travel companies in India- almost 30% lower than others.