Kidney Transplant Hospitals in India
What is a kidney transplant?
Kidney transplantation involves replacing damaged kidney of a patient with end-stage renal disease with a healthy kidney from a donor. Kidney transplantation is typically classified as deceased-donor (formerly known as cadaveric) or living-donor transplantation depending on the source of the donor organ.
The kidney donors are characterised as biologically related or non-related transplant donor.
There are two types of treatments for kidney failure- dialysis and transplant. People usually prefer kidney transplant because it's a permanent and a long-term solution for a failed kidney. However, the kidney transplant procedure depends on finding a suitable donor.
Kidney transplant cost in India-
The average cost of a kidney transplant in India saves up to 80-90 percent as compared to the western countries. The laparoscopic kidney transplant cost in India is around $17,500. The same procedure costs around $3,00,000 in the US. Kidney transplant cost in India associated with open nephrectomy is about $14500. This cost is less than 5 percent of what the same procedure costs in the US ($4,50,000). Foreign nationals do come for treatment in India as the costs incurred is much lower as compared to the kidney transplant hospitals in foreign countries.
Kidney transplant hospitals in India-
The surgery for a kidney transplant in India can be availed at any major hospital across the country. The renal disease patient has plenty of options when it comes to choosing the best kidney transplant hospital in India. The renal disease has plenty of options when it comes to choosing the best kidney transplant hospitals in India. The best kidney hospitals in India are located in the major urban cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Chandigarh and Bangalore. Some of the best kidney transplant hospitals in India include-
1. All India Institue of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi- AIIMS was established in 1956 for serving people, and department for nephrology started in 1969. This kidney transplant hospital performs 3-4 kidney transplants a week.
2. Fortis Hospital, Bengaluru- Fortis has a network with 12000-bed services across 75 hospitals. It got certified with JCI (Joint Commission International) & NABH (National Accreditation Board of hospitals). The kidney transplant hospital provides the best source of dialysis with well-equipped dialysis machines combined with qualified, experienced doctors.
3. Manipal Hospital, Bengaluru- Manipal hospital is one of the best hospitals for kidney treatment. This kidney transplant hospital has performed nearly 1000 kidney transplants and has done the first cover transplant. The kidney transplant hospital is ranked as the most caring hospital across the country.
4. Coimbatore kidney hospital- This kidney transplant hospital is ranked among the top most hospital in treating kidney and urinary tract diseases. The kidney transplant hospital in India offers facilities for kidney stone removal, hemodialysis, Transurethral Resections of the Prostrate (TURP) and Kidney transplant.
5. Christian medical college, Vellore- Christian medical college gives excellent medical treatment for nephrology functioning in two wings namely Nephrology I & Nephrology II. This kidney transplant hospital offers facilities such as Hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, renal transplantation, diagnostic tests, biopsy, patient education, nephrology research, education etc.
6. MIOT hospital, Chennai- The nephrology department of the MIOT hospital looks into the diagnosis and treatment of all diseases of the kidney. The hospital looks into Acute Renal Failure, Chronic Renal Failure, Diabetic Kidney diseases, Obstructive kidney diseases.
These kidney transplant hospitals in India are well-equipped to handle the most complex kidney disorders. Also, infrastructure and amenities offered at Indian hospitals are at par with international standards.
MedMonks helps you get the best deal from some of the well-known and trusted kidney hospitals in India. We also assist with appointment booking, second opinion services and follow up back in their country.