Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery
- Cosmetic surgery continues to grow in popularity, with 15.1 million cosmetic procedures carried out in the United States in 2013, an increase of 3 percent on the previous year.
- Procedures are available for almost any part of the body, but the choice to undergo cosmetic surgery should not be taken lightly. The results are often permanent, so it is important to be sure about the decision, to use an appropriate practitioner, and to have the right motivation.
- A surgeon may refer a patient for counseling before surgery if they believe there is an underlying problem that cannot be solved by the surgery, or if the patient shows signs of Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD).
- BDD can cause a person to perceive that there is something seriously wrong with their appearance, when objective evidence suggests otherwise.
- Reconstructive surgery is another type of plastic surgery. It aims to improve function and to give a normal appearance to a part of the person's body that has been damaged, for example, after a mastectomy. This article will focus on cosmetic surgery only.
The following are some of the cosmetic surgery Procedures
Facial contouring procedures: Some of the examples include rhinoplasty, chin or cheek augmentation, thermage treatment, lip augmentation, eyelid correction, and laser skin resurfacing. These are done to enhance the facial features and rejuvenate the face. All kinds of invasive and non-invasive facial procedures are available through MedMonks.
Breast procedures: Breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast reconstruction, nipple areola reconstruction, and breast lift are some of the most popular procedures among medical tourists. Medmonks works closely with some of the leading cosmetic surgeons. Medmonks perform Breast reconstruction and nipple areola reconstruction for our clients. Apart from aesthetic reasons, these procedures are often recommended to patients with complete mastectomy as a part of breast cancer treatment.
Body contouring procedures: This category includes procedures like liposuction, tummy tuck, butt lift, body lift, calf augmentation, and breast reduction (as a treatment for gynecomastia). These body contouring procedures are done to tone up the body by removing unwanted fat and skin from the body or to add volume wherever required through fat grafting or silicon (or saline) implants.
Facial rejuvenation procedures: Facelift, neck lift, eyelid lift, and brow lift are some of the most popular procedures among foreign nationals when it comes to facial rejuvenation. There are many non-invasive procedures like Thermage and Ultherapy that are used for facial rejuvenation.
Skin rejuvenation procedures: Laser resurfacing and filler treatments are conducted at some of the top plastic surgery hospitals.
Vaginal procedures: Hymenoplasty, labiaplasty, and vaginal tightening are some of the vaginal cosmetic surgery procedures popular among medical tourists. These procedures are conducted to rejuvenate the female genital parts and in some cases, to restore virginity.
Reconstructive procedures: Burn repair surgery, hand surgery, scar revision surgery, breast reconstruction, lower extremity reconstruction, and congenital defect repair are some of the reconstructive procedures conducted at the top plastic surgery hospitals.