- Stomach cancer or gastric cancer is a condition where the abnormal cells build up to form a mass inside a part of the stomach.
- The majority of people who are diagnosed with stomach cancer either have metastasis or eventually develop it.
- Metastasis is a process where cancer spreads from the area in which it first developed.
- Stomach cancer usually develops slowly over many years.
- Cancer formation is preceded by pre-cancerous changes in the inner lining (mucosa) of the stomach. These early modifications rarely cause symptoms and thus often go undetected.
- Cancers starting in different parts of the stomach may cause different symptoms and tend to have different outcomes.
Like any other type of cancer, the Stomach cancer treatment also depends on how long you’ve had the tumor, the extent of its spread and the patient’s overall health.Get a free Quote