Cost Of Stomach Cancer Treatment in Top Countries
Stomach Cancer Treatment
Stomach Cancer Treatment Cost In India
• Stomach Cancer Treatment Cost In India starts at USD5,500.
• Stomach Cancer aka adenocarcinoma mostly begins from the mucus-producing cells which surround the stomach.
• Patients might receive Chemotherapy treatment which costs start from USD400 for each cycle.
• Stomach Cancer is difficult to diagnose in the initial stage as it typically doesn’t show any evident symptoms in the early stages.
• The patient might have to stay in the hospital for 5 to 7 days for a stomach cancer surgery or get outpatient treatment for 3 to 5 weeks.
Stomach Cancer Treatment Cost In India
1. What is Stomach Cancer Treatment Cost In India?
The cost of Stomach cancer treatment is subject to change based on the stages of cancer and the treatment or procedure used.
Stomach Cancer Surgery Cost in India – starting from USD5500
Cost of Chemotherapy in India – starting at USD400 per cycle
Cost of Radiation therapy in India – USD3500 (IMRT)
Cost of CyberKnife in India – starting from USD5500
Cost of Immunotherapy in India – starting from USD1600
Cost of Hormone therapy in India – starting from USD800
Cost of Targeted Therapy in India – starting from USD1000
2. What are the costs included in the treatment?
The cost of the following services will be included in the treatment package provide on our website:
Room Rent (Only for the specified days)
Consultation with during the package days
Cost of Equipment used during the surgery
Routine Checkup (during package days)
3. What are the costs excluded from the treatment?
Patients will have to pay additional fees if use any of these facilities which are not included in our package:
• Hospital Overstay
• Use of any new or special equipment or technology
• Consultation from any other specialist whose cost is not covered in the package
• Additional Surgery or Treatment
• Use of any additional blood component/ special drugs/ consumables
4. Why is the cost of medical treatment lower in India in comparison to other countries?
The following reasons contribute to low treatment cost in India:
Low Fees of Doctors/Surgeons/Nurse
Medical healthcare staff in India is paid only 25% of the total treatment cost when nationalities like France credit 90% cost to their staff, which also result in increasing the cost of the procedures making the treatment more expensive.
Law of Volume
The vast population in India has a proportionate number of patients in comparison to its populace. This means that every medical machinery in India is used 10 to 20 times in India compared to other countries where they are used at a much lower frequency.
Generic Medicines have the biggest market in India, which are an affordable substitute for expensive medical treatments. Replacing generic medicines with other medicines can help significantly in reducing the cost of the treatment.
Out of Pocket
Majority of people in India still pay for their treatment in out of their own pockets, making the hospitals to construct an affordable medical package. Only 15% of the population in India actually have a well-built insurance plan.
5. How do most hospitals calculate the cost of the procedures?
The treatment cost in most hospitals is calculated by adding the cost of all the professionals, operating theater, medicines and the equipment that will be included in the treatment. During the initial procedure, the full fees of the doctors and the equipment will be charged from the patient. If the patient requires another procedure, the surgeon and the hospital might charge half fees for the second or third surgeries.
6. What kind of accommodation options exist in India?
India accounts for some of the most affordable lodging options, that starts at just USD20. Medmonks ensures to make accommodation arrangements for the patients within walking distance of the hospital so they can easily access medical attention. It also makes it easier for patients attendants and relatives to visit the hospital.
7. What is the cost of a medical visa to India? How long do I get the visa for cancer treatment?
Patients can avail Medical Visa to India for 180 days which will cost them around USD85 to USD107. They can also get medical e-visa for 30 days at just USD35.
Note: The cost of a medical visa to India will vary for different nationalities. Patients can learn more about the Indian norms and visa policies by contacting Medmonks, who will also assist them with their visa approvals.
8. How can I pay for medical treatment?
Patients can pay for their medical bill via:
Cash (Pounds/ Dollars/ Euros/ INR)
Note: Indian has a cash payment restriction which can be made up to 2 lakhs in INR and USD5000 per passport.
9. If the money deposited is more than the expenses at the hospital at the time of discharge, will I get a refund?
Yes, the additional amount will be transferred back to the account which was used for the payment. In case, the patient paid in cash the excess amount will be given to them in cash during their discharge.
10. Why do the fees of oncologist and Stomach Cancer Treatment Cost In India vary across hospitals?
Oncologist’s fees and Stomach Cancer Treatment Cost in India might vary because of the:
Cost distribution structure of the hospital
Facilities used by the patient
Surgeries or treatments performed on the patient
Special drugs, technology or blood components used in the treatment
11. Why choose Medmonks?
“MedMonks is a medical travel assistance company headquartered in Delhi, India which offers 360-degree packages covering everything from patient’s treatment, to their accommodation, travel, and visa fees. MedMonks simplify healthcare for international patients by allowing them to travel overseas for their treatment without any hassle. We help patients connect and receive treatment from some of the best hospitals and doctors in India at an affordable cost, to reduce the financial burden off their chest. We make all the arrangements for the patients to kick-start their treatment immediately upon their arrival, by helping them with their appointments at the hospitals.
Pre-Arrival – Free Online Video Consultations│ Cost Estimates │ Treatment Schedule │Visa Assistance │ Flight Bookings
Upon Arrival – Airport Pickup │ Accommodation Arrangement │24*7 Helpline Care │ Free Translator │ Hospital Appointments │ Dietary Arrangements │ Religious Requirements │ Discount on Local Transportation
Post-Departure – Free Follow-Up Care │ Online Medicine Prescriptions │ Medicine Delivery”