Cost Of Colon Cancer in Top Countries
Colon Cancer Treatment Cost in India
Colon Cancer aka bowel or colorectal cancer signifies the growth of a lump or abnormal cells in the rectum, colon or appendix of the patient. Both males and females are equally afflicted with this malignant disease, that causes death of over 655,000 people every year. Mostly, people above the age of 40 have a higher risk of getting afflicted with colon cancer. Colon Cancer Treatment Cost In India attracts hundreds of cancer patients to the country because of its reasonable price here.
Colon Cancer Treatment Cost In India
1. What is the colon cancer treatment cost in India?
The treatment approach used for curing colon cancer is subject to vary based on the severity and the stage of the disease. The following treatments can be used for treating colon cancer in India:
Colorectal Cancer Surgery Cost in India – starting from USD2900
Chemotherapy Cost in India – starting at USD400 per cycle
Radiation therapy Cost in India – USD3500 (IMRT)
CyberKnife in India Cost – starting from USD5500
Immunotherapy Cost in India starting at – satring from USD1600
Hormone therapy Cost in India – starting from USD800
Targeted Therapy Cost in India – starting from USD1000
2. What are the costs included in the treatment?
Colon Cancer Treatment Cost in India is inclusive of the following services:
• Room Rent
• Cost of Surgery (Surgeon’s Fees + OT Charges + Anesthesia)
• Consultation Services (by the primary team)
• Basic Investigations
• Routine Pharmacy & necessary drugs
• Patient’s Food
3. What are the costs excluded from the treatment?
Packages of Colon Cancer Treatment Cost in India does not include the cost of the patients if they:
• Overstay more than the specified days
• Undergo additional procedure
• Are treated using specialized equipment or therapy
• Use any unique drug/ supplement/ blood component
• Receives a second opinion
• Receives consultation for a medical condition other than their specified disease
4. Why is the cost of medical treatment lower in India in comparison to other countries?
Medical treatment cost in India is affordable because of the following reasons:
Cost Division among Hospital staff
Specialists and medical caretakers in India are paid less compared to, the hospital staff in nations like France or USA. The dissemination of treatment cost among the HR (specialists, medical caretakers, specialists and so on.) at the healing centers helps in decreasing the expense of colon cancer medical procedure in India.
Law of Volume
A higher populace is proportionate to a higher number of patients or people who need therapeutic help. In contrast with different nations where one X-ray machine is utilized 5 to 10 times, in India it is utilized 40 to 50 times each day. As the volume of use of the machine expands, the expense of its utilization gets diminished, making the therapeutic hardware and innovation more moderately affordable in India.
Accessibility of Generic Medicines
India has the biggest market of generic meds, which are intended to act as a substitute for costly drugs. Patients neglect to acknowledge how much cash they spend on the pharmaceuticals. Patients can spare a noteworthy sum, by utilizing these generic medicines.
Out of Pocket
Most nationalities provide universal medical coverage, or their citizens have a well-constructed restorative medical plan. In opposition to this, India comprises of just 15 – 20 % of citizens who have a legitimate medical insurance plan. As most patients are still paying out their own pockets in India, doctor's facilities are compelled to provide treatment at a reasonable price.
5. How do most hospitals calculate the cost of the procedures?
Most hospitals calculate treatment cost for each procedure by adding up surgeon’s fees, OT charges, equipment and technology charges, cost of anesthesia and other drugs or blood components which might be required. Usually, full fees of these components are charged from the patient, during their first surgery, but in case, he/she might need another procedure or more, the fees charged for the following treatments is reduced to half.
Note: The calculation of the exact cost of the treatment can only be made by the hospitals after its doctors have physically examined the patient.
6. What kind of accommodation options exist in India?
Patients can receive treatment at a more reasonable price in India compared to other countries. If we, add the cost of all the components including accommodation, treatment and flight, its expenses still remain more affordable in India.
The accommodation options in India start at only USD20 per day, making it practical for international patient travel abroad than spend an unreasonable hefty amount in their own countries.
7. What is the cost of a medical visa to India? How long do I get the visa for cancer treatment?
The cost of a medical visa to India might range between USD85 - USD107 depending on its duration (approx. 180 days) and the nationality of the patients.
Patients can also avail 30 day visa using medical e-visa services which start at USD35 for most nationalities.
8. How can I pay for medical treatment?
Patients can make the payment using the following modules at a Hospital in India:
• Wire Transfer
• Credit/Debit Card
• Cash (INR/ Euro/ Dollars/ Pounds)
Note: Patients cannot pay more than 2 lakhs in INR and USD5000 (per passport) in cash at the hospital.
9. If the money deposited is more than the expenses at the hospital at the time of discharge, will I get a refund?
The additional amount will be paid back to the patient through the same payment mode which was initially used by them.
If the payment was made in cash it will be refunded to the patient in cash during their discharge from the hospital, and if it was made via electronic means it will be transferred to the same bank account via which the payment was made.
10. Why do the fees of oncologist and Colon Cancer treatment cost in India vary in across hospitals?
This variation in cost occurs because of the following factors:
• Hospital’s Location
• Doctor/oncologist Qualification & Specialization
• Doctor’s/ Oncologist’s Experience
• The cost distribution at the hospital
• Medicines or Equipment required for the treatment
• The facilities provided and available in the hospitals
• Hospital’s Infrastructure
11. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks is patient management company designed to provide, international patients with cost-effective treatment options in India. We offer patients with the on-ground services that help them quality treatment at an economical price. Our network of certified hospitals allows patients to receive healthcare facilities from the best oncologists in India.
Our Extended Services:
Pre-Arrival – Video Consultations │Travel Arrangements
Upon Arrival – Cab Pickup & Drop │Free Translation Services │24*7 Helpline Care │ Accommodation Arrangement│ Hospital Appointments │Religious Arrangements │ Dietary Arrangements
Post-Departure – Follow-Up Care │Medicine Delivery or Online Prescription”